creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

10) The clutch pedal is a bit high. It requires to be depressed bit more than expected. But you get used to within a couple of days.

Yes this is what i was just discussing with my wife after coming back to home from a short highway + city drive of 30kms. Can we put some kind of pad on clutch to reduce its length.

And yes steering is a boon. nice handling.ashikawa2011-03-06 13:59:01

Can we put some kind of pad on clutch to reduce its length.

Don't worry about it. You'll get used to it with time. Just drive on for few more days with a bit more city traffic n you'll surely get the adjustment. Since the clutch has to be pressed completely, there is no point in putting a padding underneath. If you put any padding then the clutch pedal will not depress completely and wear out the gear teeth. So don't bother yourself about getting any setting done. You'll get adapted.

Another point I'd like to mention.

I'd have loved the dead pedal.

Since the clutch has to be pressed completely' date=' there is no point in putting a padding underneath. If you put any padding then the clutch pedal will not depress completely and wear out the gear teeth. So don't bother yourself about getting any setting done. You'll get adapted. .[/quote'] What i meant to say here is a cover kind of pad on clutch , not below the clutch.

Another point I'd like to mention.

I'd have loved the dead pedal.

I never needed one. I always keep my foot away from the clutch.

The problem can be solved by pulling the driver seat a little forward than usual. Even Fiat Linea has the same problem where the clutch sticks out more than usual and has to be depressed fully, to a newbie that can be disconcerting and will need some getting used to.

What a nicely compiled Ownership Reports, would've been more better if you both ashikawa & abhpom had Initiated a seprate dedicated threads of their respective Polos in a Reader's Test team section.

Or I request mods to do this for a seprate & exhaustive discussion bases.

@ashikawa;

Can you please post the pics of the VW offered Music system with USB Compatibility.

What a nicely compiled Ownership Reports, would've been more better if you both ashikawa & abhpom had Initiated a seprate dedicated threads of their respective Polos in a Reader's Test team section.

Or I request mods to do this for a seprate & exhaustive discussion bases. .

Started my ownership thread My All new Volkswagen polo.

@ashikawa;

Can you please post the pics of the VW offered Music system with USB Compatibility.

I will try my best to post the picture by evening. Travelling now.

Thought I will share my driving experience of my new polo 1.2 petrol with all of you. I have driven about 2500KMS mostly in Bangalore city and a couple of trips on the highway. I should say its a pleasure driving a VW car.

1) I realized or feel that the car is not actually so big as the pictures in the website projects. Its actually quite small and can easily manoeuver in traffic. Having said that the space inside the car is generous and very comfortable and spacious. All credits go the spectacular design.

2) I am happy with the interiors and the features that comfortline offers, the power windows, etc. stuff are working well and cool. The central console comes with some common features,

3) The central lock feature is quite ok. The false alarm is cool as in there's always an LED that keeps flashing that can be viewed from outside which indicates that the false alarm is enabled. I wish there was a automatic timer enabled which will lock the car automatically after few seconds after the engine is switched on/off. I guess this is available in highline variant.

4) Reading the manual is a must. The manual has a lot of information and is worth spending time reading the same.

5) (a) Lastly, the driving experience has been really good. I love the option of adjusting the driver seat height which makes my seating very comfortable.

(B) The position of the gears and steering is perfect that it needs minimum effort as i don't have to reach out for either of these.

© The Steering wheel, tilt and telescopic adjustable is also pretty cool which can make a lot of difference if you are a regular driver.

(d) The car simply cruises on plain or straight roads, you feel as if the car is floating the third and fourth gears are simply a pleasure. The shock-absorbs are simply fantastic.The car handling is simply superb its so comfortable and easy to drive. I have not found this in other cars in the same segment. If you are used to the Maruti's and Hyundi's you may feel that Polo is slower in pick-up, but i suppose the other cars are tuned to be much quicker.

(e) After driving about 2500Kms mostly in the city, I received a  mileage of 13.5Kms!

(f) The central locking mechanism could have been designed better. There's a central lock button on the drivers seat door to lock/unlock all doors. The drivers door can be opened from inside even though the doors are locked.Lets say you switch off the engine and don't remove the keys, you can open the drivers door even though all doors are locked from inside, you step out of the car and close the door, you will lock yourself with the key inside!! Which means
the doors cannot be opened without the mechanical key if the door is closed when central locking button is in locked position.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/XR95C2owk44ej6Ma6JFe13v25dVI4doQ1Dstoe9CxiQ?feat=directlink

Post edited: Don't give un-due space in continuous sentences.
BornFree2011-03-07 13:41:34

@Avinash- nice review there. yours is the Petrol or diesel.?

@everyone update- Last month i had booked Polo white Tdi. hopefully looks like the car has been dispatched. would be receiveng it in another 2 weeks of time(or maybe less)

Heard about a new plant of VW coming up in Rajasthan with collaboration with Suzuki to handle increasing demand of Polo and Vento. Hope the spare parts price will come down due to this and waiting periods will also be shorter.

ashikawa2011-03-09 09:41:08

Mine is a Petrol Car.

@Avinash- nice review there. yours is the Petrol or diesel.?

@everyone update- Last month i had booked Polo white Tdi. hopefully looks like the car has been dispatched. would be receiveng it in another 2 weeks of time(or maybe less)

Hey guys,

I'm planning on buying the 1.2 Highline (Petrol). It is going to be my first car. Any suggestions or anything that I should specifically keep in mind in the entire process?

Breaking Info:

Had tele-convo with nearest VW dealer just now & as per him, waiting period for VW Polo diesel is now Surprisingly 1-1.5 month & for Polo 1.2 petrol its even lesser.

However for Vento Diesel its 3-4 months & for Vento petrol its 1-2 months.

Breaking Info:

Had tele-convo with nearest VW dealer just now & as per him, waiting period for VW Polo diesel is now Surprisingly 1-1.5 month & for Polo 1.2 petrol its even lesser.

However for Vento Diesel its 3-4 months & for Vento petrol its 1-2 months.

That's a good news. Hope VW will localise polo and improve its pre sales and after sales services. This car has the potential to become segment leader as far as sales numbers are concerned.

Volkswagen Finance gets NBFC licence

Volkswagen Finance Private Limited, a subsidiary of Germany based Volkswagen Financial Services AG, today said it has received a licence from the RBI to set up a Non

found this leaflet on a recent visit to dealership

c3Nnvl.jpg

One thing is for sure that VW has big plans to occupy indian market. Soon we can expect insurance to follow as already available in other markets.

Breaking News for Polo lovers/seekers:

The waiting period for Polo which was around 2-3 months(varying from variants) is now reduced to?2-4 weeks only.

Yes dr_nishu. This is a sigh of relief for the seekers and with extended warranty and AMC its a complete joy to own one. Heard that 2nd hand honda city prices came down drastically and Vento is on its way to outdoing ANHC in numbers.

Update Existing polo/vento customer can opt for extended warranty before August 31 , 2011.