creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

I watched an ad in TOI newpaper for VW Polo and Vento discounts:

*Free Insurance

*Free Accessories

*Exchange Bonus

*Low EMI

*Free AMC

It was clear that the AMC is not applicable for Vento.

And the ad states that which benefit suits you best. I think one can choose only one benefit from the five mentioned.

Anyone has more info????

Yes. I also saw the ad. Looking at the checkboxes in the ad, I too believe we can choose any one. But I reckon, the cost of all options would be more or less same. Another info I heard from the dealer is that for the free AMC, the consumables and spares will be charged and only the labour is free. Not sure about this since I heard this from the dealer :-)

I too have read the same ad on the last page of todays times of india.

it is clearly mentioned in the ad that "you can now choose which benefit suits you best" also there is T&C applied.

Yes. I also saw the ad. Looking at the checkboxes in the ad' date=' I too believe we can choose any one. But I reckon, the cost of all options would be more or less same. Another info I heard from the dealer is that for the free AMC, the consumables and spares will be charged and only the labour is free. Not sure about this since I heard this from the dealer :-)[/quote'] You are absolutely correct, one has to choose among these options. Another thing i was also told that the free AMC only covers the labour not all the components available to paid AMC, which costs 19900- for 3 years and 34072- for 4 years. This is the ad we are discussing here....

QtcOLl.jpg
ashikawa2011-07-29 06:09:21

Hi guys actually there is 40k off on polo petrol cars so u can opt for 15k for AMC and also 16k insurance etc etc Basically its like in 40k, 15k limit for accessories(fog lamps or HU etc), 16k for insurance and AMC around 16-17k what ever above 40k would be beared by customers ... this is the story for VW petrol right now till 31 july

Hi guys actually there is 40k off on polo petrol cars so u can opt for 15k for AMC and also 16k insurance etc etc Basically its like in 40k' date=' 15k limit for accessories(fog lamps or HU etc), 16k for insurance and AMC around 16-17k what ever above 40k would be beared by customers ... this is the story for VW petrol right now till 31 july[/quote'] Are you sure that all these are given free. I have doubt . The wording of ad clearly says one of these can be opted. Confirm again. Some fools at dealership will commit anything and then they will refuse later.

Yes raghavnu is correct the POLO and VENTO have schemes and offers on them nowadays and free insurance and accessories and AMC are provided with the Polo and the Vento also has them except for AMC .

With increasing localisation & rising input costs VW India is continuously stripping off their products with that of expensive Spare parts/Accessories.

The pic below shows the VW Polo 1.2 TDi Comfortline, delivered 12 days back.

Can anyone Spot the visible cost-cutting change in the Polo shown below w.r.t. the Previous Polos. hHrzql.jpg

With increasing localisation & rising input costs VW India is continuously stripping off their products with that of expensive Spare parts/Accessories.

The pic below shows the VW Polo 1.2 TDi Comfortline' date=' delivered 12 days back.

Can anyone Spot the visible cost-cutting change in the Polo shown below w.r.t. the Previous Polos. 

[/quote'] I only see a change in wheel cover. Previously it was expensive press on wheel cover with shining crome logo at the centre. But now i see a bolt on wheel cover with less shiny logo in the centre.(Though the picuture is not clear enough to check its quality.  Though if it is a bolt on than better becuase it will hold the wheel firmly .Another thing that the present wheel cover costs 1650/- each. And customers complaint like anything about its pricing so its obvious if they have done it to reduce price.

I understand that this hatch has costly parts but it pays to get quality. After driving my polo for last 05 months, I can say that you won't find such quality in any other hatch in india even Jazz can not give this level of quality.
ashikawa2011-08-01 05:59:11

@ashikawa;

Spot on.. You got it right.

These're simply dull looking wheel covers with no centre circumfrential ventilation slots(hope you're getting it).

IMHO, they don't costs more than Rs.900-1100/piece.

VW India is also shaving off some Inside Chrome bits to save on input costs.

But this silent method of shaving is simply reckless & i don't agree with such practices from such a Reputed Automaker.

@dr_nishu

You are right. Chrome insert is removed from steering and around AC ducts in Vento. I am not sure about Polo.

But in Indian perspective VW has very less options. Polo and Vento is sold in India at a discounted price. Suzuki/Hundai has almost monopoly here. Who is bothered about Polo

It must be real stiffling for the guy's at VW India to do something here and there in order to meet ends. They may have learnt a lesson in India that's totally different from China.They have to make big volumes only with the Polo/Vento. Jetta and above the volumes are going to be miniscule. Touareg/Phaeton are non starters as far as India goes.

VW deserves this treatment from India. Suzuki got this reputation from its long term struggle which VW missed. If you browse through history, GOI first invited VW, but they thought India doesn't deserve a VW and today VW is trying to crack Indian market but now Indians are now accepting VW.

Nice tit for tat game.

creativebala

If indians are not accepting volkswagen cars then why are they selling.

their cars are good,we also have a polo 1.6 in our turf and the car is better than anything..i think you are wrong.

Suycity

Of course for a new entrant like VW, selling 2500+ polos is a good start. But compare it with an outdated swift selling 12000 Nos per month. When Suzuki started out here some decades back, it was not even a well recogonised car manufacturer, their major bussiness being only two wheelers. They are enjoying their monopoly today because of their patience. I am also a proud VW polo owner. But I feel VW should show a better attitude to customers, which is reflecting in their dealerships. When I asked the salesmans suggestion  whether to choose the trendline or comfortline, he simply asked me to go home, decide and comeback...... Only my liking for the car made me to go for it.  I am sure a majority of them would simply walk out and go for a maruti/hyundai. Even technically, the 1.2 TSI engine was not used in India, even as an option. VW need to change its attitude.

smiley7.gifMy polo is back to workshop, 3rd time in less than 2 months.

problem is not resolved.starting problem continues.No clues for them

As reported in this reviews, no response from VW and only a lip service from Customer care. lethargic attitude.Even replacement won't suffice.

smiley7.gifMy polo is back to workshop' date=' 3rd time in less than 2 months.problem is not resolved.starting problem continues.No clues for themAs reported in this reviews, no response from VW and only a lip service from Customer care. lethargic attitude.Even replacement won't suffice.

[/quote'] Can you elaborate your problem here. Send a mail to <kundenbetreuung@volkswagen.de> if you do not get a response in time from VW india. Give all the details of the problem. German CC is a lot better than indian one. But recently i am seeing lot of improvement in customer service by VW India.

People don't prefer to buy brands like POLO in comparision to Maruti because Volkswagen  have showrooms only in some cities whicth are mostly capital cities ,So if one wants to buy Polo who don't live nearby capital city he has to travel 300 to 400 km just to see the car, have a test drive and even if he buys again to get it serviced he has to travel 400 km But Maruti's Showroom is present even in small town or if your town is very small even then nearest showroom will be within 100 km and servvice centre will be present in your town so people will naturally prefer to buy Maruti because they don't have choice .It is not a wise thing just to get your car serviced you travell 400kms unknownbullet2011-08-03 17:23:28

@unknownbullet:

A company does not necessarily have to put up a showroom in each and every town and also a buyer does not require to have it.

One has to visit the showroom only once in lifetime to purchase the car. So, once the purchase is done, there is no need to see the dealership again. It is only the service station that needs to be accessible.

Also, VW and other German/European cars require service only once in 15000km. So, it clearly shows that one does not have the hassle of visiting the service station often.

Moreover, the VW dealerships have Sales Executives who belong to different regions so that they can promote their product in their respective region with ease. So, if at all required, the Sales Executives can readily pick one's car and drive it to the Service Station and get it back once the required job is done. One does not have to take time out and drive till the Service Station.

But still I would prefer to have Service Stations in different parts of each state rather than have a Showroom so that I can save on the fuel that my car takes to travel to and fro the Service Station.

Maruti IMHO is just an option now. It is not the only one. They could have put up such a huge network due to their Government backup in the initial days and being the only modern car, their sales figures hit all time high and always been the same. Half of India still drives a Maruti even today, though the ratio is gradually decreasing day by day.

@abhpom4u: I disagree' date=' having a wide sales/service network really is confidence booster for the buyer. I think VW is also aiming at and striving to increase it's presence.[/quote']

Yes indeed. VW is trying its level best to make its presence noticed and has by far been successful to quite an extent too. Most people who buy these cars belong to those cities where the showroom exists along with the service station. But, nevertheless, the people in other towns are also opting for VW, Toyota, Honda which do not have any footprints to quite a distance from their towns.

I own a Polo and live 125km from the nearest Showroom/Service Station. I haven't had any issue because I had booked the car on one of their many camps held in our town. I had to visit the showroom only once by purpose (taking the delivery of my car). Even then the dealership was ready to have the car delivered at my doorsteps, but I chose to take the delivery myself.

Also, when I had some problem in the engine (mice chewed the wires leading to one of the pistons), a Sales Executive living in a nearby area drove my car to the Service Station and back. I had to bear the fuel charges additionally. And this was possible since the guy lived in a nearby area.

No doubt, the presence of a Dealership in an area will give the much required boost to the sales. But, I prefer a Service Station over a Showroom for all these intermediate matters because I may never have to visit the Dealership after laying my hands on the car, but will surely require a Service Station to consult for the issues that may come up which cannot wait for the 1st service to get rectified .abhpom4u2011-08-04 04:22:51

Also' date=' when I had some problem in the engine (mice chewed the wires leading to one of the pistons), a Sales Executive living in a nearby area drove my car to the Service Station and back. I had to bear the fuel charges additionally. And this was possible since the guy lived in a nearby area. [/quote'] abhpom4u, welcome back. BTW how much this mice chewing wires affair cost you ?

This is really a trouble to encounter this problem. I always have this worry of mice chewing wires of my polo.

@ashikawa:

Hi there..!!

The wirey thing was pretty weird. It cost me Rs.950/- plus petrol worth Rs.1000/-(approx.)...

This is a problem which I believe has no solution in India. My car has covered only 4700km in the last 8months. But am not happy with the fuel economy. I believe it delivers around 12-13kmpl of petrol overall.

@ashikawa:

Hi there..!!

The wirey thing was pretty weird. It cost me Rs.950/- plus petrol worth Rs.1000/-(approx.)...

This is a problem which I believe has no solution in India. My car has covered only 4700km in the last 8months. But am not happy with the fuel economy. I believe it delivers around 12-13kmpl of petrol overall.

Nice relieved to know that the affair concluded under 1000/-. FE depends on driving conditions/ how to drive etc. You must be aware. Still i did not drive this much but got an average FE of 14.5. Bought 4 year AMC costing 34072/- and extended warranty costing 7199/-.ashikawa2011-08-04 05:00:13