creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

What does include in 4 year AMC..??

Are AMC and Warranty two different things..??
Yes these two are different . AMC is an fixed menu service contract for 4 years and Extended Warranty is for 3rd and 4rth year/100000 kms whichever is earlier. It is in addition to two years standard warranty.

AZmx5l.jpg

Service interval will be 15k kms. or 1 year whichever is ealier. So total 4 services will be done.
ashikawa2011-08-04 05:21:25

Ok.. Got it.. Thanks..

I find that the 4th year AMC costs a steep 58% higher than the 1st 3years AMC. Why so..?? Anything specific or have the VW guys told you that this price is because the car is a German make..??

Ok.. Got it.. Thanks..

I find that the 4th year AMC costs a steep 58% higher than the 1st 3years AMC. Why so..?? Anything specific or have the VW guys told you that this price is because the car is a German make..??

Actually while enquiring i was told that 2nd and 4rth service includes change of Brake Pad and Shoes thereby increasing the cost. Another thing is that 2nd service labour is higher compare to 1st and 3rd service as it includes various checks. 4rth service will include so many things which will increase the cost of labour etc.ashikawa2011-08-04 05:51:05

I only see a change in wheel cover. Previously it was expensive press on wheel cover with shining crome logo at the centre. But now i see a bolt on wheel cover with less shiny logo in the centre.(Though the picuture is not clear enough to check its quality.  Though if it is a bolt on than better becuase it will hold the wheel firmly .Another thing that the present wheel cover costs 1650/- each. And customers complaint like anything about its pricing so its obvious if they have done it to reduce price.

I understand that this hatch has costly parts but it pays to get quality. After driving my polo for last 05 months, I can say that you won't find such quality in any other hatch in india even Jazz can not give this level of quality.

I went to the showroom today regarding some misprints in my smartcard. There I saw a new polo up-close the new wheel cap. The logo at the centre is an embossed one and looks quite dull as you said. Also the chrome strips on the gearshift knob is totally stripped off! It completely black now. Looked very ugly.

I went to the showroom today regarding some misprints in my smartcard. There I saw a new polo up-close the new wheel cap. The logo at the centre is an embossed one and looks quite dull as you said. Also the chrome strips on the gearshift knob is totally stripped off! It completely black now. Looked very ugly.
Its sad to know that crome inserts have been removed from gearshift knob of base model. Though this already happened with Vento's.

One good update is that the customer service of VW seems to be improving. I have sent some queries in recent past and got a proper reply in few days. Its a good sign for existing customers and will boost confidence in prospective customers also.

Read on other automotive forum today that a4 cyl. 1.5 TDI generating 94 BHP Polo launch is round the corner. It will be priced 30-35 k above the current 1.2 TDI. Let's see what happens in days to come.ashikawa2011-08-14 11:21:32

Read on other automotive forum today that a4 cyl. 1.5 TDI generating 94 BHP Polo launch is round the corner. It will be priced 30-35 k above the current 1.2 TDI. Let's see what happens in days to come.

From where you've got this info ??

Do post the link or some attached doc of it or do PM me the same.

I've also heard about the info on the launch of Polo 1.5 TDI but on asking from VW dealer, they blandly refused it, offcourse due to their obvious business reasons.

@TSiVipul;

Saw it on a hoarding at Traffic signal, even I haven't believed the offer at first sight so checked it again. But didn't got enough time to click the pic as I was in a hurry then.

I'm 100% sure, It was Polo 1.6, available at 6.99%.

However, For offer scheme at your city, confirm this from your Nearest Dealer. 

Volkswagen is providing all new Polo TDI's with a engine/sump cover to protect it from debris/flying stones etc.. The same is being sold to existing customers at a offer price of 1000/- . Hope they provide the same scheme to existing/new Polo(Petrol) customers also.

For Petrol Polos can we get the under-bonnet insulation that comes for Polo TDIs' ?? so that we can reduce some noise
You can order it aftermarket or from abroad, not available through VW workshops because their system doesn't accept order against a petrol VIN.

Secondly I hardly hear any noise inside closed cabin. The higher noise of Petrol engines is a highly advertised myth. I too started thinking that way. Later i heard sounds of other engines including some 4 cylinder engines also. And i didn't find any remarkable difference. The cabin of polo is well insulated.

Could this be an exercise to clear itself of the existing stock before the new models are launched? A lot of auto blogs are now regularly featuring stories of new version Polo being regularly seem on the roads.

Could this be an exercise to clear itself of the existing stock before the new models are launched? A lot of auto blogs are now regularly featuring stories of new version Polo being regularly seem on the roads.
No i don't think so. Any facelift of the current model will be of the top model only. The basic model even doesn't come with music system so forget about steering controls etc. And this offer is only available on base models of Polo/Vento(Trendline only ) that too i think on only Petrol variants.

This offer is one in the series of offers being given of all petrol models due to decrease in demand after petrol price hike.
ashikawa2011-09-08 08:35:12

@ash - I have heard many Polo owners complaing about small stones getting stuck in the caliper of the disc brake.Can you throw more light on as roads which I use for work are littered with small stones .

@ash - I have heard many Polo owners complaing about small stones getting stuck in the caliper of the disc brake.Can you throw more light on as roads which I use for work are littered with small stones .

All cars with disc brakes may encounter this problem, Polo is no exception.But it is not a matter of big concern. Though i did not face this till date. So need not worry. Have you bought Polo or a to be owner?

@ash - There are some problems with VW dealer regarding registration issues which needs to be sorted plus I am waiting for some upgrades in the Polo. So when i book I will inform you.