creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

customers will have more choice' date=' for the manufacturers, it is going to be the survival of the fittest, [/quote']

Not at all in India, here anything Maruti / Hyundai sells

well baba , that is because non of the top players have entered sub 5 lakh hatch category , with toyots , ford and VW gearing up i see a tough time for maruti .

GM with a new spark or small car on cards will heat up the hatch section

Not at all in India' date=' here anything Maruti / Hyundai sells[/quote']

In 1990's, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd [MSIL]'s market share was more than 90% almost near-monopoly, with HM and PAL were nowhere in the picture.  Now, after arrival of desi and multinationals like Hyundai, Tata, Honda, Ford, GM, Toyota, Fiat, etc., MSIL's near-monopoly status got reduced to the largest automobile manufacturer.  After arrival of new-comers like VW and introduction of new models by Ford/GM/Tata, even MSIL and Hyundai will have to tighten their belts to stay ahead in the market.  The days of near-monopoly are gone once-and-for-all for the benefit of customers. 
J.Ravi2009-11-27 04:33:25

I wish there was atleast one truly powerful hatch around here.

The closest thing we have is the i20's 1.4auto and the Jazz's 1.2 90BHP and they both still take anywhere between 13-16 seconds to get to 100.

I am just hoping we see Fabia RS in India soon. Hopefully, with a decent pricetag.

I am just hoping we see Fabia RS in India soon. Hopefully' date=' with a decent pricetag.
[/quote']

Hope you forgot the Palio 1.6 and the upcoming Punto TJet

i think there is no news on punto t-jet

Yes initially the Polo will be launched with the petrol motor from Fabia(Oh god ! VW must tweak it properly before inserting into it otherwise there'll be not any saving grace for the new Polo) later on(probably 2-3 months later) with its forte 1.2 l,70 bhp, 3-cylinder diesel engine claiming 26-28kmpl for India.

hi doc do you really think Polo will make it, with its 1.2 70 ps engine in india where we've so many 1.2 litre engines producing healthy powers

K series engine 1.2 l 85 hp

hyundai kappa 1.2 l 80 hp

honda jazz 1.2 l 89 hp ( though its more expensive)

can polo really compete with these..

and remember those figures 26-28 Kmpl is on European conditions..

and our indian roads are far away from that.

@ anand,

I am sure about the performance of Fabia derived 1.2 l petrol in Polo as it seems that it will not be able to perform like japanese & korean 1.2 gems.

But it'll be powered enough just to propel it   sufficiently like Punto 1.2 & Fabia 1.2 HTP.

Rest, 26-28 kmpl is the mileage what the VW targeted for its Diesel version in Indian actual driving conditions(as per ACI).

At last, VW intends the Indian Polo to be having basic & fuel-efficient,frugal,people mover image not as of sporty & hot hatch like Punto & Swift.

im realy glad they offer latetest genneresion of VW polo here.

but look at interior plastic quality. it feel  very cheap.

look like a  cheap children toy plastic  from china

but it certainly be an unfair judgement from me as i didn't see it

from the real car but from my experience feel that  this Polo plastic

will easy to broken if facing a very heat and sunburn here in india

doc you are right, the fabia derived 1.2 litre engine might not be like the Japanese engins but still if it is FE and low cost of maintenance then they can survive in the market. but still the 1.2 litre  3 cylinder engine in polosmiley6.gif is not sufficient, anyway we hope for the best at the auto expo.

I am just hoping we see Fabia RS in India soon. Hopefully' date=' with a decent pricetag.
[/quote']

Hope you forgot the Palio 1.6 and the upcoming Punto TJet

You cant be serious about the Palio. Its extremely dated. Buying a new one of those is just not a logical decision.

Punto T-jet - Now that would be lucrative. But has there been any confirmed news about the Punto getting the t-jet engine?
asethi9192009-11-30 09:05:10

Man, this is getting real confusing.

I want to give this Polo to my wife. I am ready to wait till January end. Called the dealers. They were pretty confident it will come by January end. They also confirmed both Petrol and Diesel will be released. The only thing they did not know/reveal was the engine.

I am really not interested in the 3 cylinder Petrol. Since my requirement is 1.2TSI in Automatic. Can any of you over there (apart from the rumors) throw a light on this.

@hrmanju1 : VW Polo will get launched with the 1.2 L, 3 cyl petrol Fabia motor; chances of the 1.2 TSI making it to the Polo, as of now, is remote. If you want only "the top of the pop's" for the Mrs. consider the 1.6 L petrol must have enough power and safety features. I think the talk is 2 petrol and 1 diesel motor for the Polo at launch, according to ACI.

According to some sources 1.2 Tsi will be coming in India with Polo but not at the launch may be few months later.Right now Polo may be sharing its engine with Skoda Fabia(refined petrol engine smiley6.gifsadly 3 cylinder) but still its not been confirmed, we all have to wait for the auto expo. VW may surprise Indian customers with 1.2 TSi even if so it will be priced more than 7 lacs.

Post edited

Note from mod: Use Capital letters where required.
BornFree2009-11-30 17:52:09

Too much speculations and too many theories floating around i feel. All these things (including the price tag) emerged from the fact that VW senior management said that they want to compete with Swift/i10 of India. Is this the cause for us to come up with the price tag of < 5 lacs? Well, January 5th - hope all doubts get cleared in the expo. I somehow get this feeling that Specs will be released in the expo but not the price. Any of you folks going to the Auto Expo? Please update the "Live" aspects of the show.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/Features/Brand-Equity/The-Volkswagen-brand-is-an-icon/articleshow/4961910.cms

Anyone has a clue on the interest rate of 4.99% as mentioned in this interview? How good are these Carmaker/Dealer provided interest rates? Is there a catch in these?

Or is it better to go with our own finance and ask for discounts/freebies?

Well this 4.99% interest scheme was only for September month to lure the customers as there was the depreciation benefit also.

Now the interest in 9.5% or more on VW cars, even we want to buy Jetta but we will not buy at this much high rate, i think they should have some good schemes for December month.

If you want to buy Passat, 4.99% is still there, negotiate with your dealer.

My daughter and son-in-law have VW Golf Pacific Edition hatchback in Melbourne. While reversing, only one lamp was lit at the rear. When my son-in-law enquired at the dealership, they informed that it was not a fault and all VW models come with only one reversing lamp at the rear and the other one being fog lamp. When I was there, I studied the bulky owner's manual several times but nowhere it was mentioned so. Some how, it looked odd to me to have only one each of reversing lamp and fog lamp at the rear in a VW car instead of a pair each as we have here. Could anybody kindly throw more 'light' on this?