creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

Looks like VW liked the classic fiesta's limited editions . The Vento and the Polo are available off the shelf  and the earlier waiting period are not there atleast here in Mumbai .

Why doesn't VW give and AUX jack and steering control .Even with 5k increase in price for these wouldn't be minded by customers at this price point. 

Vento Facelift may come soon

Heard about follwing possible changes in Vento soon (may be on only Highline Model)

1. Steering mounted audio controls

2. Rear parking sensors

3. New ICE with Memory car/Aux

4. Presently it has some intruder survelillance system will be removed.

Vento Facelift may come soon

Heard about follwing possible changes in Vento soon (may be on only Highline Model)

1. Steering mounted audio controls

2. Rear parking sensors

3. New ICE with Memory car/Aux

4. Presently it has some intruder survelillance system will be removed.

Please Add / Delete to my previous post

1. ICE with USB only.

2. Leather wrapped steering with chrome insert.

3. All this minor feature addition may be limited to Vento TDI Highline only.

4. Price will go up by 30-35 k.  

I am one of the guy waiting for VW Vento TDI Highline Black and am wondering whether the facelift will be in place from October. My car delivery is expected in 1st week of December. I enquired about the facelift to a couple of VW showrooms in Chennai but no one seems to be aware of the facelift. Does anyone know it for 100% that face lift is expected in October? I am not bothered whether it October or November as my car is due only in December and I would register only in Jan 2012. But I am curious to know this update.

Vijay

hey guys has anyone bought / is it advisable to buy a extended warranty prog. , i have a VW POLO petrol , they are charging rs 7200 / - for 2 yrs ! need to know what is covered and what not and hidden conditions apply thing ??? in just 2500 km , i already notice some lines in my disc brakes where as my driving is quite decent last 15 yrs : (( how can i add pic from my laptop , pic regarding extended warranty prog. of VW POLO !!!

@cool_msm

I bought extended warranty for Polo. Just a co-incident that today i received my warranty certi. and was reading it when i saw your post.

I think 7200 is not a big amount for buying peace for another 2 years. Modern cars have very costly components and in case of any unfortunate eventuality it will save you for high costs of replacement.

Engine/Gearbox/Suspension and steering/Braking system/ Fuel system/Air conditioning/Electrical system/ Oil seals and VW approved accessories are covered in it.

Should we expect a facelift for the Polo as well? My budget approves of Polo 1.2 Petrol Comfortline for now but then if I am paying that kind of money I would certainly expect more features like Audio with AUX/USB, steering mounted controls etc. Should I wait for some more time or just go ahead and book some other car?

I was thinking to go for POLO TDI Trendline but looking at the cost of ownership that ashikawa has posted I have down graded this car in my list. :(
I beg to differ with you on this point. Just do a small calculation .

1. Get Polo TDI trendline on road price with all discounts in your city. Then add Possible maintainace expenses for 4 years( 34072/-) + 2 years extended warranty cost(7899/-).

2. Now Get the other car from your wishlist and do the same calculations for a model having equal features as this car. Please add the possible service cost of these so called cheaper to maintain car and cost of extended warranty.

I am sure that you will find the Polo TDI cheaper and a lot better on quality/space/boot size/ brand value / looks / ride and handling / smooth gearshift and the pride you feel while driving a VW.

Since I've been planing to buy a new hatch for myslelf, I visited one of the VW dealerships in my city yesterday and there were basically two things that I found really strange.

1. For a Polo Comfortline variant, where you get power windows for all four passengers, strangely the driver gets access to only the front windows and not the rear ones.

2. The channel moulding for the rear passenger seated in between the other two is exceptionally big when compared to others which makes it very uncomfortable to accommodate 3 adults on the back seat.

It is to be believed that Volkswagen will be launching the rumored 1.5 TDI in January.
Can you please say, what is the source of your info. Also please see that you are not posting back to back within some specific time ( i think 20 minutes ) instead use edit feature to add more information in the same post. ashikawa2011-11-23 06:21:31

Volkswagen mulls launch of powerful diesel Polo

Amongst the diesel premium hatchbacks, the Fiat Grande Punto and the Hyundai i20 are being offered with an engine that churns out 90bhp of power. This makes them the preferable choice for the enthusiast crowd.

With the increasing petrol prices, diesel has become the preferable choice for many. This has discouraged many buyers from procuring the 1.6-litre Polo petrol. Our sources confirm that Volkswagen has been evaluating the market for a more powerful diesel Polo with its existing 1.6-litre diesel block which is available on the Vento. The 1.6-litre diesel Polo will be sold along with the existing 75bhp 1.2-litre Polo diesel. 

Though keeping in view that 1.6 TDI will be an expensive one to afford, I feel that VW will either plonk a 1.4 or 1.5 TDI to get tax benefits and keep the price in competition with other OEM.

ashikawa2011-12-07 11:48:13

So i purchased a 2010 VW Polo last July, and ever since, i've had to take it into the Service Department SIX times!

- First it was a rattling noise from the engine bay caused by a fault with the fuel line

- Then the driver side electric window got stuck so i couldn't close it

- The EPC warning light kept coming on, so the engine had very little power and after taking it in to be looked at on 3 separate occasions, it turned out there was an issue with the turbo pressure

- And finally, the other day, the steering wheel warning light came on, and the steering wheel locked up so i couldn't turn properly. Turns out there was an issue with the power steering.

WHAT THE HELL???

My cars just over a year old, and i can't believe all the problems i've been experiencing! Car of the year? My frigging arse! I'm NEVER EVER buying another VW again. Can't believe what a piece of sh*t it is!!! I'll stick to Jap cars next time. They're more reliable!

@nand.girnar

Looks like you had a tough time dealing with VW workshops. Please give all details of problems you have faced and whether it has been rectified to your satisfaction or not?

Also do start your ownership thread in Readers Test Team section. BTW i too own a VW Polo and no problem as on date after using it for 9 months.

Delhi Court directs lodging of FIR on plea against Volkswagen's MD

PTI | Feb 6, 2012, 05.07PM IST

NEW DELHI: A court has directed Delhi Police to lodge an FIR on a complaint against a top executive of Germany-based Volkswagen, directors of its authorised car dealer and a official of transport department on the issue of illegal charges levied on buyers.

Metropolitan magistrate Rajinder Singh passed the orders for lodging FIR on a plea alleging that car dealers were levying charges like those for 'handling' in violation of law.

The complainant said that Central Motor Vehicle Rules and an August 2007 notification of transport department Delhi prohibits motor vehicle dealers from levying such charges.

Source

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/Delhi-Court-directs-lodging-of-FIR-on-plea-against-Volkswagens-MD/articleshow/11779093.cms

Delhi Court directs lodging of FIR on plea against Volkswagen's MD
PTI | Feb 6' date=' 2012, 05.07PM IST
NEW DELHI: A court has directed Delhi Police to lodge an FIR on a complaint against a top executive of Germany-based Volkswagen, directors of its authorised car dealer and a official of transport department on the issue of illegal charges levied on buyers.

Metropolitan magistrate Rajinder Singh passed the orders for lodging FIR on a plea alleging that car dealers were levying charges like those for 'handling' in violation of law.

The complainant said that Central Motor Vehicle Rules and an August 2007 notification of transport department Delhi prohibits motor vehicle dealers from levying such charges.

Source
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/Delhi-Court-directs-lodging-of-FIR-on-plea-against-Volkswagens-MD/articleshow/11779093.cms [/quote']

Good information monoclonal. But does it apply to all car delears whether they are TATA, MS or Honda? I think they all charge handling charges from customer over and above the ex-showroom prize.

Of late' date=' I notice a hissing noise when going over small humps keeping the windows pulled down. First when the front wheel goes over and then when the rear wheel passes over it. Does it indicate any problem/leaks from the suspension ? Any idea ?[/quote'] It may be noise of shock absorbers. BTW how old your polo is and kms. done.

On a side note it is reported on some internet forums that Diesel Highline Polo of 2012 make will come fitted with Aux input near 12V charger + RCD 310 music system with USB support and steering mounted control. Expect a price hike and no discounts.

Of late' date=' I notice a hissing noise when going over small humps keeping the windows pulled down. [/quote']

Most probably that'll be due to the Gas Shock absorber action.

It can also be seen in many other cars too, equipped with Gas Shock absorbers.