creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

I've seen most of this type of rear/tail-lamp configuration in European or Euro-specced cars even the Indian VW Jetta & Passat have this.

Other Examples being the Maruti Suzuki SX4,Fiat Punto,Skoda Fabia,Honda City ZX-Vtec,etc.......

Volkswagen India to start production of VW Polo at the Chakan Plant' date=' Pune on 12th December.

[/quote']

Great news. But any real insider information on the Engine specs. Also, in any of the models coming out - is there a Auto Transmission provided in the Jan end release?

@Ravi sir' date=' did you check out any other VW Golf Pacific? Will the lighting be sufficient then?   [/quote']  

No.  I didn't check anyother VW Golf Pacific.  When I reversed it, the lighting was not at all sufficient.  That's when, I started quizzing my daughter and s-i-l. 

Most modern cars have one reversing and one Fog light at the back. Even the indica has this!!

Thanks a lot' date=' CYRUS43, for enlightening me!  My daughter's VW Pacific Edition has all other premium gadgets like AT, MID, rain sensors, light sensors, automatic headlight switching on feature, etc., but only one lamp for reversing and fog lamps!  smiley19.gifVW Pacific Edition being a premium brand hatchback in Oz, they should have provided a pair of lamps for each, I feel. 

I've seen most of this type of rear/tail-lamp configuration in European or Euro-specced cars even the Indian VW Jetta & Passat have this. Other Examples being the Maruti Suzuki SX4,Fiat Punto,Skoda Fabia,Honda City ZX-Vtec,etc. 

Thanks, dr_nishu:  So, what the dealer informed my s-i-l was true.  In my Fiat Linea, a pair of lamps has been provided at the rear for each reversing and fog lamps.  I get sufficient illumination at the rear, thank god! 
J.Ravi2009-12-03 07:35:21

Couldn't resist. Called up Elite Motors,Bangalore. Initially, sales person started reading the email he received from VW. Then when queried, he said 2 Models will be released.

1. Petrol 1.2L TSI

2. Diesel 1.4L TDI

Colors - Standard Colors

Transmission - He has no clue on it.

Well, Auto Expo - cars will be displayed definitely it seems. Bookings are open as mentioned in the email.Bookings are open and 50,000 INR is the suggested amount.

I tried calling the other dealer of VW in Bangalore. He has no clue on this. He did not receive the notification? No idea.

Well, i will be taking the words of the dealer with a bag of salt. Especially on the TSI model front. Things hotting up now.

Wow smiley3.gif are you sure its 1.2 Tsi i couldn't believe this then the price will be above around 7 lakh then  but earlier VW has announced for a target price of around 5 lakh but its quite confusing, I've been waiting for polo if its true then I'll be the one booking first in Chennai.smiley1.gif

Wow?smiley3.gif are you sure its 1.2 Tsi i couldn't believe this then the price will be above around 7 lakh then? but earlier VW has announced for a target price of around 5 lakh but its quite confusing' date=' I've been waiting for polo if its true then I'll be the one booking first in Chennai.smiley1.gif

[/quote']

Anand, conflicting reports man. I called another dealer in Bangalore and he said Bookings are not open. No idea about Models and prices. But he says car will be released by Jan end itself. Can you call your dealer and let us know please?

Internationally (UK) website

The engines available are

1) 1.2L 60PS

2) 1.2L 70PS

3) 1.2L TSI 105PS

4) 1.4L 85PS

5) 1.4L 85PS + DSG

6) 1.6L TDI 75PS

7) 1.6L TDI 90PS

Are we going to get only these? or just 1,2 and 6?

And looking at the prices on the UK website and with stripping of certain items and localization.

Am i hearing another JAZZZZZZZZZZZZ pricing?

@sarabjeet. I wish VW reads forums like this. I am not much into Automobile industry. How do auto companies R&D work? Since this industry interacts directly with the end consumer, do they do some sort of survey? Do they have Product Managers talking to end consumers and feeding it into R&D? I was reading one thread on Beetle where people were really offended with 2 doors in it. Paying 20 lacs for 2 doors was not acceptable to few. So things like these. Are there anyone who works in the auto industry especially in this domain. Can you throw some light on this topic.

dcarlover - Thats the million dollar question. When and what. Or rather 4.35 Lacs INR question.

ACI and other magazines have said March,2010 as a probable launch date. It will be however shown in the AutoExpo in Delhi which starts from Jan 5th, 2010

@hrmanju

sadly in india companies are least bothered about customer feedback but , but there have been cases where company officials do visit autoblog for feedbacks but its still not clear how seriously they take the advise/appeal
sarabjeet2009-12-07 13:21:34

dcarlover - Thats the million dollar question. When and what. Or rather 4.35 Lacs INR question.

ACI and other magazines have said March' date='2010 as a probable launch date. It will be however shown in the AutoExpo in Delhi which starts from Jan 5th, 2010[/quote'] thanks for reply smiley1.gif

Anyone interested in Bangalore for buying Polo? (i.e. if released in the right engine) PM me. Maybe we can chalk out a group deal if possible. I doubt this happening because if its a good car, there will be a mad rush and no way will we get discounts. But just trying my luck. smiley15.gif