creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

^^^

Anand, mu post was more of a question than a comment. Please notice the "?". Hope it turns out to be a win win situation for both the companies.

VW understands India and APAC better and Suzuki gets their hands greasy with Diesel.

Well looking at the production Polo pics the car looses it double barrel headlamps ,which was a main styiling symbol. The car didin't have fog lamp or body coloured mirror or door handles , I hope this was the low end spec car.

good observation rssh. I did see the fog lamps and the body colored door. But never observed the headlamps.

smiley7.gif on VW now. Or should i say price sensitive market. Oh man, those headlamps in the Euro Spec looked smashing. Now i am all smiley28.gif

Wow !! seen the video,the Sirish has done the excellent job of bringing the 1st India made VW Polo in the light to highly anticipated & enthusiastis like us, thanks.

A nice car to look,feel & to own too.

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed till 5th of jan 2010.
BornFree2009-12-13 17:38:51

I thought Sirish did a bad job. He looked like having a "gora" syndrome. Since this was NOT a review and since he DID not TDed, i would excuse him this time for his behavior. We need honest reviews pre-launch. There was a picture of the Indian interiors. Especially the dashboard. Not at all good. Hope this is just Pre-Production.

hey anand, i am also looking forward for vw polo.i am interested in diesal engine. when i heard that 5th gen polo being launched abroad i imm searcd 4 images. the moment i saw it i was impressed.now its about 2 b launched in india with the tag "2010 european car of the year". if its 1.4 crdi i will b very happy.i like 2 book the car first in chennai. inform me when the booking starts. what will b the price for high end diesal?

^^^^^^

Diesel is a mystery too. No news on the CRDI engines from VW stable. Wait and watch. Did you see the video of the Indian version of Polo? Are you still impressed with the looks? Did you check with you Chennai VW dealer?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/notjustshrawan/sets/72157622865336799/

Surprises in the above link. Go and review the same.

Source: teambhp/indianautosblog

I am mighty happy with the interiors. No more doubts on the interiors now. The next question is the engine.

I could see a TDI engine in the picture. But not anything else.

Looking at all this, i think Polo launch date is pretty near. May not be March. What do you folks think?

hey anand' date=' i am also looking forward for vw polo.i am interested in diesal engine. when i heard that 5th gen polo being launched abroad i imm searcd 4 images. the moment i saw it i was impressed.now its about 2 b launched in india with the tag "2010 european car of the year". if its 1.4 crdi i will b very happy.i like 2 book the car first in chennai. inform me when the booking starts. what will b the price for high end diesal?[/quote']

Friend actually we are expecting a 1.2 litre 3 cylinder diesel( who knows VW may surprise us with blue motion engines) engine.

i'm looking for petrol version of Polo, I'll keep u updated when i enquire at the dealership.

hrmanju1 that was really great the interiors looks similar to European Polo,

did you look at the speedometer, it has maximum of 240Km/h, normally in India we have only 200 as maximum or 220, so my instinct says that there might be 1.2 TSI engine in Indian version also. so looking at the interiors i dont think VW can price it competitively with swift and i 20, might be more than that.

The entire set of pictures of VW Polo being manufactured and rolled out can be seen in the website indianautosblog.com.

We can actually see TDI badging in one of the car. Is it a common rail or the same PD engine seen in the fabia?

Also we can see 15 inch alloy with appollo accelere 185/60 tyres.

It has a biege interior. The plastics looks good. 

EXTERIOR; In European Polo cars we can see double barrelled headlights with indicators.

Here we can see single barrelled ones with indicator.

There is a change rear view mirrors,which is bigger than d european cars.

Overall the car looks good.

Can anyone say about the engine spec?

Post edited

Threads merged.
BornFree2009-12-14 14:09:00

The TDI engine which is seen in one of the pictures(assembly line pics) is not the same Skoda Fabia Engine.

It should be the 3 cylinder 1.2 litre TDI 75 ps blue motion engine.

So guys what about the Petrol Engines can anyone search and tell us please.

Well i'm not sure, it might the blue motion 3 cylinder engine 1.2 TDI since the1.4 TDI Polo is an outdated model, and if VW have studied the Indian market well and the Feed backs of the noisy 1.4 TDI Fabia Diesel engine(which is a BS 3 compliance), then it should be the blue motion engine, which should compete with the 1.3 FIAT's engine which rules our Indian market in various forms say (1.3 DDiS Maruti Engine and FIAT Mjd).

And Actually the Blue motion engine is expected at early 2010.