creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

Well,the article says that the petrol engine will be 1.2 litre engine as same as seen in the Skoda Fabia and diesel engine will be 1.2 Common rail engine.

"It will be available with two engine options- a 1.2 litre petrol engine

same as the one seen on the Skoda Fabia and a 1.2 litre common rail

diesel engine and will be available in five trim levels."

so the current Fabia's Diesel engine is 1.4 TDI and is not Commom rail engine.

so VW disappointed with petrol enginesmiley6.gif.

Anand Sivaraj2009-12-15 00:27:44

^^^^

Yeah true. I want a petrol engine. Not impressed by the Petrol variant offered. VW, you may loose a customer who will go to Honda's stables.

Let me wait for clarification and confirmation from VW in the Auto expo. They better reveal the roadmap as well.

Well the front isnt as exciting as european spec.

1.The double barrel lamps are missing, smoked headlights are also missing but thats natural.

2.Also the european spec has single thick chrome strip running through the grille, while in Indian version there are 2 thin chrome strips which are not looking as cool as european version.

3.Also the red car was with alloys so seems to be top-end but no colored mirrors or door handles. May because its pre-production.

4.It seemed to be mid or base variants as it lacked the A.C.C and integrated audio system.

5.Although the interiors seems to be well built, the design is pretty simple and AC vents are looking quite old in design. Didnt liked it. Loved the steering, its the same one which is there in BS4 version Jetta.

6.Also the gear pattern is different, the reverse gear is like Jetta and unlike other cars. You have to push it and take it to 1st gear's place.

7.1.2 engine of petrol fabia really sucks, so VW might not get that chunk of petrol buyers who will then buy the i20 or Punto or Jazz.

8.If the diesel is 3cylinder then it might not be that refined or smooth as others.

9.Look and space wise it still looks good and comfy, i hope it drives well too.

The pics at IAB are detailed pics and they have done a pretty good job.bluesapphire2009-12-15 09:51:02

VW Polo looks cute and stunning in red. The interior's are well sorted out but have a "dated" look to it, as BS says the a/c vents hark back to the Cielo days. If priced right, it will be a massive hit and hope VW is able to make enough of it. At least, for India's sake I hope they price it sensibly and also have excellent service back and hope they are able to match costs of upkeep with the Maruti/Hyundai hatches. I'd give it a smiley20.gif

The A.C vents look like a retro styling. It is much similar to the late 90 model's interior. My previous 2001 Polo sedan's dash looked much better. Hope the plastic quality will be as good as the European Polo.

VW's diesel engines are considered to be much better than the petrol ones in Europe. If they bring the TSI to India, it will be a good option when Fiat brings the T -Jet. Polo will be better than Punto in overall product quality eventhough Punto is also a good car.
jimgeo2009-12-15 12:27:57

Well the front isnt as exciting as european spec.

1.The double barrel lamps are missing' date=' smoked headlights are also missing but thats natural.

2.Also the european spec has single thick chrome strip running through the grille, while in Indian version there are 2 thin chrome strips which are not looking as cool as european version.

3.Also the red car was with alloys so seems to be top-end but no colored mirrors or door handles. May because its pre-production.

4.It seemed to be mid or base variants as it lacked the A.C.C and integrated audio system.

5.Although the interiors seems to be well built, the design is pretty simple and AC vents are looking quite old in design. Didnt liked it. Loved the steering, its the same one which is there in BS4 version Jetta.

6.Also the gear pattern is different, the reverse gear is like Jetta and unlike other cars. You have to push it and take it to 1st gear's place.

7.1.2 engine of petrol fabia really sucks, so VW might not get that chunk of petrol buyers who will then buy the i20 or Punto or Jazz.

8.If the diesel is 3cylinder then it might not be that refined or smooth as others.

9.Look and space wise it still looks good and comfy, i hope it drives well too.

The pics at IAB are detailed pics and they have done a pretty good job.[/quote']

1. Agreed. Double Barrel lamps were really hot and gave a nice sporty look.

2. Can live with it

3. We cant really guess on that yet.

4. Polo doesnt have ACC by the way in Euro Spec also. So i am not expecting it here also.

5. German design - Keep it Simple

6. Gear is different but just need to get used to it.

7. Totally agree on the petrol. So hoping there is a surprise for us on this front.

8. 1.2 CRDi maybe we are in for a surprise.

9. Drive, i dont think there is a problem there

hi hrmanju1, i saw the photos of indian version of polo. its doesnt have the stunning looks of euro polo.but it still looks good. i enquired the dealer in chennai, they said to call me after 10th jan.they said they doesnt know about the engine spec.but a petrol and a diesal is coming.  

so looks like 2 engines for the initial release. One Petrol and One Diesel. And jan 10th is most probable release date? For bookings to open. Hmm, waited for Polo for almost 5 months. Few more days wont hurt.

Anyways, Toyota Yaris is also not getting released. smiley19.gif

VW is not going to offer with more engine

options like Fabia, so its getting a 1.2 litre petrol engine and a same

capacity diesel engine, but again putting on same Fabia petrol engines

wont make it sucessful unless the 1.2 HTP 3 cylinder engine is refined

well to get a power of not less than 80 bhp with decent mileage figures.

Now guys is it possible for the "modernised 1.2 HTP" engine(which

Skoda has already started manufacturing at Czech plant) to compete with

Kappa (Hyundai) and K-Series (Suzuki)engine available in this segment in india.

Petrol is the same as Fabia but with some modifications/refinement done. As per the interview with VW. The 1.2 TDI - if released will be a BRAND new car as VW has not released any 1.2 TDI (CRDi) in the market yet. (2009 Polo)

Are we the first market which is releasing this? Read some good reviews on the TDI.

1.2 TDI is confirmed by overdrive. Indian polo is the fist polo worldwide to support it. It is a bit sluggish but is extremely fuel efficient. More fuel efficient than the Multijet. It is called Bluemotion in Europe. Check out VW germany website for more info.

^^^

I read the BlueMotion technology. Man, it is amazing. I will be happy if this technology is first released in India. I would request readers to understand what BlueMotion is all about.

FE with sluggish lower gears. Is this acceptable by normal Indian junta? This is a clincher. I am new into the Indian auto scene and i will be amazed to see what the numbers are. (I am gauging the reactions from ACI forum members who are hardcore performance enthusiasts)

-- I still remember the days when Hero Honda Splendor 90KMPL was released. smiley15.gif

WoW !! What a car. .

As visible from the pics(by flickr.com), the car seems to be well built with brilliant fit & finish for body & interiors on par with the Euro version(except some minimum alterations-might be reserved for special variants in future.)

All As per VW quality standards,like Ultra clear never dials,rich ac,gear knobs& control stalks,consistent panel gaps,etc.

The most important thing to be noticed is the 'TDi' badge on tailgate of the silver grey polo, alongwith 3-cylinder engine under its bonnet.

It means !! Its diesel version production has started & is definitely coming alongwith the petrol version at Auto Expo 2010.

It definitely seems to feature the 1.2 l, 3-cyl CRDi version of the internationally powering 1.6 l, 4-cyl engine.

However what has to be seen about this engine will be its refinement, power & acceleration figures !!

Come on VW break our myths about them,if you really wants the hatchback pie of India.

However, The Bluemotion tech might not be seen very now in this Polo,because of stringest cost targets,etc. But VW is already very serious about it FE, so they already have kept its target of 26-29kmpl in actual Indian driving conditions.

The 1.2 TDI Bluemotion egnine generates 75 PS power that is 74
bhp, but it is very FE and will surely attract lot of Indian Customers
where, in India Diesel cars are very much wanted, But what about the price of the car will be? if it comes with Bluemotion Enginesmiley5.gif.

Bluemotion averages 85.6 mpg and emits 87g/km of CO2.

It means the mileage is nearly 36 kmpl, but in indian conditions it may be lesser but still it will be a benchmark.

So sad they didn't bring a better petrol engine for Indian customers, like Bluemotion engine.

Folks, my office is 8 km from my house. So 16 km is my round trip. To justify buying a Diesel 1.2 TDI, maybe i should move my house further away. smiley8.gif

But anyways, Figo and Beat information is out. Whats up with VW? Why is everyone so tight lipped? Are we in for a huge surprise? Anyways, how many of you in this thread going to the Auto Expo? And will you be having Internet access?

I have already seen the set of pics available on flickr, by 'not so sure' what I meant was the interiors looked a bit dull and not so exciting. To me, the interiors do not match the looks outside.

but anyway, i am eagerly looking forward to it simply because it's a 'polo'... surely vw can not take a super-successful car and make it completely go wrong in india.