creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

Absolutely. Even i would hate to see it priced over-the-top, because even i have persuaded my family to wait for the Polo, and such suicidal pricing will only result in dejection and broken hopes..........but lets hope for the best and hope that it is priced closer to the Maruti Swift/Ritz territory.

Polo from Volkswagen

The other important launch of the day was by the German auto major Volkswagen that introduced its small car Polo that would be launched in the second half of 2010. The 1.2 litre Polo will come in three versions (petrol and diesel). When asked about its pricing, Volkswagen Group Sales India Pvt Ltd, member of Board and Director Neeraj Garg said it would be very competitive and in the range of Honda Jazz, Hyundai i20 and Skoda Fabia.                                (The Hindu,Wed 06,2010)

Read this carefully & Optimistically man, they are right in their own way,

as its Base version will retails near the i20 base(4.8 lacs)

& top-end will retail near the Jazz price(6.9 lacs).

Hence Puzzle solved.......... 

Some pics from VW pavilion.

P1063423Medium.jpg

Jetta -   The executives there said that the BS4 version will come in March(although my dealer claimed that its already launched), also they said that they are not considering the 1.8TSi engine in Jetta for now or any other engines.

P1063425Medium.jpg

POLO - The person there said that 1.2 petrol engine is TSi but i guess its not TSi as it produces only 75ps, these people even dont give proper info's. The car will come with 1.2petrol and CRDi engine and 1.6 petrol 105bhp with highline version and will launch only in March

P1063426Medium.jpg

P1063427Medium.jpg

P1063429Medium.jpg

P1063430Medium.jpg

Phaeton

P1063431Medium.jpg

P1063433Medium.jpg

P1063434Medium.jpg

I didnt captured the Toureg and Beetle in my camera as they are already launched and we have all info's regarding them.

even if the Polo matches the swift in pricing i dont think it can match the swift on servicing point of view,like i feel the services and parts are going to be expensive,for exaple even the free service of the Polo is going to cost u not less than 6-7K just like the Fabia,but servicing the swift on free service cost not even half the amount.Lets see whats going to be the service schedule of the Polo.

Hi Guys,

Just talked to the VW dealer in Delhi. The price range for the 1.2Petrol is from 4.3L to 5.5L Ex-Showroom. I'm gonna book the Highline model for delivery in March.

The TD of the car will be available from Friday smiley1.gif

Im also keen on the diesel but guess VW would play the petrol card first to move as many petrols as possible on the Polo's Worldwide name & fame. As the hype mellows down, they could silently slip in the diesel which is sure to find many buyers. 

I am really sorry to say that all the hype  created by vw for agressive pricing hasmade the polo look really cheap . Its not as big as it looks and just a size up for zen is what Ifelt in this car I bumped my head badly while entering the front passenger seat and I think the seats are too soft for Indian roads.

11,111,111th

Polo leaves assembly line at Volkswagen Group India

5596.jpg

On his first state

visit to India, Prof. Dr. Horst Kohler, president of the Federal

Republic of Germany, today visited the Volkswagen plant in Pune. The

German president joined Prof. Dr. Jochem Heizmann, member of the Board

of Management of Volkswagen AG with responsibility for

What a way to be in news! Vw has certainly learnt, that if it want's to become a big player here, it has to stay in news. And till now they have succeeded. Multi crore advertisement/ hyped launch and now 11111111th polo. Way to go VW

@ dr nishu

he didn't say any thing about NVH, The engine was a bit noisy by the current 1.2 standards and performance was peppy. But these are all initial impressions. No word on pricing yet

Yes. SVP did not say anything about the Polo's NVH levels specifically, but as far as i could make out, the 1.2 L Petrol sounded a little buzzy to me, not as refined as i had expected it to be. Looking at the base stripped-out variant SVP tested, it seems as if VW is pulling out all stops to price the Polo very aggressively.

The Polo SVP tested was probably a pre-production model, it probably had lower levels of NVH, as it wasn't the final product. The finished article may be finer comparatively. Let's wait and watch.