swiftvxi06

Which car to buy Dzire VDi or Ford Fiesta TDCi

Hi Guys, Finally after months and months of research I along with my father have decided to buy a new sedan .But this time the budget is Rs 6.5 lakhs and want to go for a diesel sedan because initially booked Swift Dzire VXi but the sales executive of dealer Machino Techno said that Swift Dzire VXi has waiting period of more than 2 months while the DDiS variant is available in less than 20 days from date of booking!!!!!! I was surprised to such an extent that i thought what he told me was wrong, so i told the sales guy to repaet what he said!!!!.. I have heard and also read that waiting period of Dzire diesel variants have been minimum 4-6 months and now its less than 20 days.... So I have decided to book Dzire VDi instead of VXi as its got the fabolously frugal yet highly spirited 1.3 DDiS unit under the hood.(Even though we have a Dzire ZDi amidst other 12 cars  as we have a huge joint family!!) But the other day I saw an ad that Ford has launched a limited dition Fiesta TDCi at just Rs 6.43 lakhs and i have found out that the limited edition model is based on Fiesta EXi base model and features in Dzire VDi are more compared to Fiesta EXi.... So Guys plz  tell me whether i have made the right decision of buying the Swift Dzire VDi instead of going for Ford FiestaTDCi limited editon model. Experts please advice...

swiftvxi062009-09-23 06:48:36

Hi

The waiting period for Dzire is huge and by the time you will get the delivery some more new models of other cars will be out.

As you can see Honda City with change in the interiors is out and Civic is also out.  Polo is due for launch in Jan 2010.

Ford Fiesta new model is also due.  If you can't wait then ford limited edition will be good choice as they are giving almost all features.

Every one is talking the Dzire diesel version is good.  But from my point its under powered not fully 1.3 as its 1248 well below 1.3

Did you test drive Dzire and ford before booking.

You know I am also in same condition which car to buy.

Ya anuprav i know thoroughly about them as in our family  we have a Dzire ZDi as well as a Ford Ikon TDCi  (among 12 other cars )which incidentally uses the same 1.4 litre TDCi unit fromFiesta. and by no way the 1.3 litre DDiS unit is underpowered. The sudden boost of power and no turbo lag suggests that its a better driveable car compared to Ford's TDCi unit..  Plus i dont thing 20 days is a huge waiting period when you compare that to the fact that some owners waited patiently for 4-6months and even 9 months to get their Dzire DDiS..swiftvxi062009-09-23 07:10:26

The only thing that should make you shift from Dzire would be the interior quality and looks, and probably the wish to drive a different car as you already have the Dzire.

Otherwise, space is same in both, power and engine is better in Dzire and ofcourse not to forget the evergreen Maruti A.S.S.

I suggest you stick to the dzire.

Go for the Fiesta, the limited edition has few more features than the Exi variant.

You already have a Dzire and also i feel Fiesta is a better car. It has better looks, better interiors and is a good driver's car too.tanmay872009-09-25 18:57:23

Just close your eyes, dont have an second opinion , make up your mind and desire for the dzire.

Its a fantastic car man for that price tag. I test drove Dzire Vdi, the power was excellent and the car was pretty comfortable too. Fiesta is a dam old car man. It has lost its charm. I am not aware of the Petrol engine's performance of Dzire. Can any one keep me informed about that please!!!!!!!!!

Thanks rki2007 for your advice. Am more inclined towards Dzire VDI which i will get delivery within 20 days from the day of booking the car. Finally Maruti has increased production capacity of Dzire Diesel..

hey bluesapphire yes we own 12 cars of different brands. My Dad was planning to buy a Linea but it turned out to be way more expensive than his budget of Rs 6.50 lakhs. We live in a joint family and my uncle owns a Dzire ZDI.My dad bought a Ford ikon TDCI with 1.4 Duratorq engine in April 2009. This will be my very own personal sedan or my first car as a gift from my Dad. My dad also owns a 2008 Maruti Alto LXI Celebration Edition and a 2004 Honda City GXi. swiftvxi062009-10-05 19:00:56