nandishmj

Advice for Car audio system

Hi,

I have purchased Hyundai i10-Magna. Now I need to purchase audio system, could you please suggest for the same.

I have short listed few things,

1. Front Speakers-Boston S60

2. Rear speakers-Boston S65

Yet to decide the following things,

1. Stereo, which can support USB.

2. Amplifier

3. SubWoofer.

4. Tweeters

Looking forward for the valuable suggestions.

Thanks

Congrats on the purchase of the i10. She's a beautiful car and comes with features you don't get to see in even c-segment cars.

As for the ICE.

Since you have the Magna version, I presume there is no stock music system. That's a great start, since a large headache would be to procure a dash kit to replace an already fitted audio system.

As for the items you have shortlisted, the Bostons are good speakers, no doubt. But when you NOW upgrade a music system or install a new one, it is always better to spend a little more (very little more than the Bostons) and get component speakers.

Component speakers come with woofers for the doors, tweeters and a crossover (a module to split low frequencies of music to the woofers and the highs to the tweeters)

A good start would be to try to listen to a couple of systems with components to decide what you can expect.

I would love to suggest you a readymade system, if you were kind enough to list your budget, and how serious you are about your car audio.

We can take it from there.

Cheers,

God

Get a Pioneer head unit will cost around 7k with usb support.

Get a 800w 4channel amp Blaupunkt or any other company desired by you. 7K

and rear 6*9 Polk Audio 5k

Woofer cervin wega or Kicker 12" 5k

and 2k for front speakers.

Dat ssums up to 26k

@kaushal

a: please do not go by wattage (max wattage in this case)

b: rear speakers CANNOT be the primary speakers for the car. Front speakers, being closer to the driver help in giving more detail, even @ lower volumes.

c: Blaupunkt doesn't make '800W' amplifiers. The GTA4 does 60*4.

d: Fitting speakers on the parcel shelf is passe, and will make the already flimsy i10 parcel shelf to vibrate to its death

e: You haven't counted installation, amplifier wiring kit, subwoofer enclosure etc, which in my calculator, shows up @ about 5 k, provided the install done is good, the enclosure is good quality and built according to the specs of the sub, and the wiring kit is genuine.

@Nandish:

I would suggest a Pioneer 6050UB/5050UB head unit (or equivalent) for about 5-6k.

A Set of 6.5 inch (or 6 inch) front components for 5-6k (Illusion Audio, Hertz, JBL, Infinity etc.)

A power amplifier from Blaupunkt/JBL for about 6k.

A 12" subwoofer from JBL for 3 k.

Round COAXIAL speakers from JBL in the rear doors: 2.5k

Add about 5 k for installation.

@kaushal
a: please do not go by wattage (max wattage in this case)
b: rear speakers CANNOT be the primary speakers for the car. Front speakers' date=' being closer to the driver help in giving more detail, even @ lower volumes.
c: Blaupunkt doesn't make '800W' amplifiers. The GTA4 does 60*4.
d: Fitting speakers on the parcel shelf is passe, and will make the already flimsy i10 parcel shelf to vibrate to its death
e: You haven't counted installation, amplifier wiring kit, subwoofer enclosure etc, which in my calculator, shows up @ about 5 k, provided the install done is good, the enclosure is good quality and built according to the specs of the sub, and the wiring kit is genuine.

[/quote']

a) True But i havent gone by wattage it was just written 800w amp Of Blaupunkt Just to indicate the tpye model of amp or u can say to give him an idea of what power he needs.

I understand that watts is jus to fool people but, i didnt want to make things complicated because common ppl Talk in terms of watts not RMS only People who are aware what it actually mean Like u and me talkin in terms of Rms.But when talkin to a common man try to use common terms which they can relate to

B) Ur right again my friend but then am sure we need speakers for the rear as well, so wht do you suggest for the rear. Also due to space constrains in the front door its always not possible to fix the best speakers in front doors without some cutting in door panel which i would not prefer.

c) the parcel try can be changed to a wooden one

d) I have a blaupunk 800w amp in my car buddy

e) No comments (you caught me rt)

@Nandish:

I would suggest a Pioneer 6050UB/5050UB head unit (or equivalent) for about 5-6k.

A Set of 6.5 inch (or 6 inch) front components for 5-6k (Illusion Audio' date=' Hertz, JBL, Infinity etc.)

A power amplifier from Blaupunkt/JBL for about 6k.

A 12" subwoofer from JBL for 3 k.

Round COAXIAL speakers from JBL in the rear doors: 2.5k

Add about 5 k for installation.

[/quote']

@It's God: Are these the grey market prices that you have given or are these with B/W??

How can we confirm that the audio system is original or not. Generally is a power amplier is required or the basic head unit will do the job. After finding the power we may go for any speaker as per the size and power. does Blaupunkt  dealers keep all the models. Are the audio systems comprises of different channel like 5.1 or they are simple stereos. Since this is a thread for audio system Iam using this thread. The creator please consider