Sign in to follow this  
asethi919

Most underappreciated cars in India

Which one these underperforming cars(sales) was the most deserving?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which one these underperforming cars(sales) was the most deserving?

• Mitsubishi Cedia
    • Ford Fusion
    • Hyundai Elantra
    • Chevrolet Aveo
    • Hyundai Getz
    • Chevrolet U-VA

My pick is surely the Hyundai Elantra. Its rather unfortunate that Hyundai's most successful global nameplate failed to take off in India inspite of a stunning diesel engine and fairly good looks.

My pic is Elantra, Getz and fusion.

Elantra was well priced, well equipped, looked decent, had brilliant engine but still failed although many didnt went alone for Hyundai brand but to me reason was much late entry into the segment where optra, octy and corolla were already established and thus many people were bored of that segment until the civic came which was a very new and ultra modern design to revoke the interest in that segment again.

Getz again is and was great car but for that time when it created new segment it was expensive to many but was worth it with sedan like space and comfort and powerful engine.

Fusion - the only thing with this car was its 8lac+ price tag otherwise it was very good car and thus when its image went down even now with reduced prices, diesel and better equipment nobody is going for it.

Well cedia was nothing new so didnt expected too much but another car which i would want to add is Hyundai Terracan, that was real good SUV but around 24lac at that time was too much to ask to indians.

Out of the list, Ford Fusion no doubt!

It is the only car which was diff. in the segment & well it can be said that it was a bit early in the market. Offered superb space, GC, comfort, drivability.

Cars like Getz, Elantra, Cedia were no diff. from the rest, competition blowed them away!

Had Ford managed to price it lower & given adequate sales/service/parts support, the car had all the chances of becoming a good seller.

It has to be ford fusion. With space like a sedan, and just a cm over 4 metres, it was the first superhatch, and still has one of the best petrol engines, and is priced 50000 less than jazz, anyone going for Jazz must have look at this too.

@C.Bala

Dude, Baleno was never underappreciated. It sold a lot when it was around and it had a monster of an engine in it.

Spark sold 54000 units last financial year and is doing 3500 units a month now. I think thats pretty good for any non-maruti and non-hyundai company. Especially for Chevy considering how bad it has been doign in the past few years.

FUSION

It had the ability to change the Image of Ford in India.

But due to bad administration it turned out to be a super flop.

Elantra

First and the foremost thing the looks were a let down.

Deepak DS

Spark was released in April 07, and only now people have started to accept it slowly. Even now I feel it is underappreciated.

Baleno was an underappreciated. If it was a hit, tell me, how many you can see it every day on road compared to OHC.(Equal or less of Baleno)

Fusion's front look was horrible, if a slight upgrade is done to its front like the below one, it would have become a huuuugggggeeeeee hit (even today they can do it- can you hear me Ford)

Compare looks

Fusion-1.jpg

asanti_af131_ford_fusion_1.jpg
creativebala2009-09-25 07:03:23

In what ways was Elantra "undeappretiated"? It was a normal day to day saloon, did not offer something extra, had an awful front look!

Though TC, EBD, etc were welcome options, but TC is hardly needed in a saloon.

@CB

Dude Baleno stopped selling 2-3 years ago now. Obviously you see less of them compared to others. Anyways, I still stand by my opinion of it selling quite a lot and doing decent in its hay-day in India.

I voted for Cedia its a great car and everything is great I can easily consider it at that budget but brand value is were mitsu needs to overcome .They should launch the new lancer asap.