winner48

The mini Pulsar - 135

here after bajaj cant survive with its vomiting performance bike wich is poularly called "pulsar". so its waste of time to bajaj for producing the pulsar..  instead, it can be try for some usefull and advanced teknology bike. r15 has dominated every thing, zma has already won the pulsar series bike . next ninja is in the air to lauch in india. so technologies are going in this angle.. bajaj cant be stand in front of these all unless they stop producing pulsar and tries for some good bike. thank u.

-dinesh

here after bajaj cant survive with its vomiting performance bike wich is poularly called "pulsar". 

-dinesh

Dinesh, everything has a positive attached to it.

India is a market for VFM products

" package of all possible things with lesser price tag", bajaj knows this well.

When CBZ was selling for 65-70K with mileage of 30-35, bajaj launched Pulsar head on with a mileage of 50-55 and price 55-60. It became run away hit.

In today scenario, take P220 for example,

For around 70k, you get the Fastest, fully faired, somewhat FE, projector lamped, two disc'd, huge. This is what is called VFM

Can you say which other bike in India is VFM near this?

hey pal, if u wana improve technology , then pulsar is fit for nothing. i have many drawbacks to say in this sh*t bike...

1) a temporary engine performance and mileage

2) tap head problem often

3)gripless front wheel etc etc........

is this a bike you are comparing ????  

-dinesh

hey pal' date=' if u wana improve technology , then pulsar is fit for nothing. i have many drawbacks to say in this sh*t bike...

1) a temporary engine performance and mileage

2) tap head problem often

3)gripless front wheel etc etc........

?

is this a bike you are comparing ??????

?

-dinesh
[/quote']

And you think that the "Plastic Replica of a bigger R1" is the best thing born to the country till now? smiley36.gif

At 1 lac+, its got a meagre 150 cc engine which produces 16.8 bhp and 15 NM of torque and that too at RPM up above of 6K+ RPM. In a metropolitan city, am yet to find places where you can revv so high.

If invited to a street drag which normally happens the sh*t R15 (as you say) will easily lose to a 220 by a long long way.

Dont give the crap that R15 will win on a track because of superb handling- tell me:

1. How many tracks are there in India?

2. How many visit such tracks for racing? smiley4.gif

Get some life dude, gone are the days when Pulsars were unreliable. Visit those (on xbhp) who have 220 FI's- you will find 20 guys who have done 25-30k kms+Ladakh trips but hardly a single R15 which went there and that speaks of durability.

Gripless front wheel? smiley32.gif - JAAGO. New 220 has soft compound tyres ala R15 with stiffened suspensions to improve handling + 220 isnt made of plastic wherein you fall once and plastic cracks.

Technology wont do wonders if after spending north of 1lac you still lose to a P220 in a small drag which costed almost 35K less than your R15.

When Fazer and R15 can fall as low as from 1000CC bikes to 150cc bikes why not a Pulsar 150 or 135 to match the competition.

I never cared to reply to your comments but calling other products as sh*t etc shows what you want.

Whether you own a bike or a car- have some respect for other bikes and cars too atleast those which are better.

Last point- R15 domintaed everything? Where? Pulsar sales are more than combined Yamaha stable sales.

R15 sells a part of what Pulsar sells every month.coolboy0072009-11-24 04:44:46

well we must stick to the discussion of the new pulsar. from the teaser available the things that can be made out are:

revised headlamp

new exhaust

new tank-flaps

rubber pads on the tank like 180 and 220

split seats

new body panels

all black treatment including handles

there may be some tuning done to the engine

@dinesh

i think one should not call something a crap he doesn't like it. the words such as sh*t should not be used. i think a crap can't sell 90000 units of it!

i also own a yamaha and i'm proud of it. but i'm proud of the bajaj also as they are making indigenous products that are value for money.

Bajaj will be bringing a 135cc version of the Pulsar soon in December 9th!

Some of the notable visual changes are:

• Split Seats
  • Split grab rails
  • Sporty rear with high stance and sporty mud guard
  • Swept up exhausts
  • LED tail lights
  • Sporty rear foot pegs
  • The muscular Pulsar fuel tank.
  • Sporty low, clip on handlebars
  • Arrow-shaped turn headlamps
  • XCD-like headlamps
  • Sexy Frame
  • Digital Speedometer
For more info - http://bikencar.com/2009/11/2010-bajaj-pulsar-135cc-to-launch-in-december-9th/

i think bajaj wants to compete with fz16. innitial look of the bike is like fz16 though power is less.Bajaj should continue producing the current models as well. every now & then they bring new model.

Why did they name the XCD sprint as Pulsar 135? Where did the take this idea from?

Even though they scrapped the XCD name for good and gave it the much successful name Pulsar, this will lead the list of Super Flop Bikes launched by BAL

At max 5k/m till it dies with in an year.

This will not only die soon but will give a huge negative impact on brand Pulsar, which is the only consistently selling product BAL has made till date other than Bajaj Auto(3w).

This will be well utilized by its competition.

Deepakdeepakds2009-11-25 19:14:50

Nice editing bala,

My views are follows:--

This is matter to create a competitor against CBF STUNNER. CBF is leading in 125-135 cc segment very fast. And of course people did not given strong notice to platina 135, xcd 125/ 135  what ever it is).

Look of bigger bike concept is also bought by stunner also (by it

Up to what extent I understood looks are more important for peoples other than quality & performance. Is the picture shown by bala is true then it may get good response. If my eyes are not weak I am seeing a clip on handle bars (first in executive class) and overall bike is looking fantastic.

Ive waited long to see the P135 and yes.. today was the day. :) i saw it in the net today.. and really.. i was impressed. The features, the engine power and technology provided and most importantly the price. :) at Rs 51K! This bike is worth it.

I dont think the addition of the P135 will cause any problems to the P150+ owners.. The bikes image lies in its performance. :)

However.. if you wanna know more..

go to - http://www.pulsar135ls.com/ or http://bikencar.com/2009/12/bajaj-pulsar-135cc-unveiled/

Sharing some info:

The new Pulsar 135 LS will come with a digital speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge and the trip meter. The bike weighs 122 Kg and stands on 17 inch alloys with a ground clearace of 170mm and a wheelbase of 1325 mm. The fuel tank is capapble of holding 8 litres of petrol and 2.5 litres in reserve. That's quite a disappointment knowing the liberal filling capacities of the earlier Pulsars. Taling of the tank, the design of the new Pulsar's tank along with the tank scoop is reminiscent of the Hero Honda Hunk's unit. We also like the pointed treatment given to the blinker at the front as well as at the rear. The headlamp which throws 35/35W (Low/High Beam- Watts) with 2 pilot lamps adopts a new design with a polycarbonate crown over the main unit - something that reminds us of the Suzuki's 125cc Zeus. The design of the tail lamp on the bike has also been altered, and the new units look sleeker and snazzier than the earlier tail lamps. The bike also features clip-on handle bars and auto choke.

While it has a 240 mm Disc brake in the front, the rear is equipped with 130drum diameter drum brake. The suspension part is taken care by the Co Axial Hydraulic cum Gas filled Shock Absorbers with Triple rate Coil Spring at the rear and at front there is a Telescopic Fork with antifriction bush (Stroke 130). The new Pulsar 135 LS will be manufactured from the company's Chakan plant and will have a capacity of 35,000 units per month and will come in two colours- Midnight Black and Cocktail Wine Red.

While it has a 240 mm Disc brake in the front, the rear is equipped with 130drum diameter drum brake. The suspension part is taken care by the Co Axial Hydraulic cum Gas filled Shock Absorbers with Triple rate Coil Spring at the rear and at front there is a Telescopic Fork with antifriction bush (Stroke 130). The new Pulsar 135 LS will be manufactured from the company's Chakan plant and will have a capacity of 35,000 units per month and will come in two colours- Midnight Black and Cocktail Wine Red.

About superior 4 -valve DTS-i engine in Pulsar 135LS

A 4-Valve engine is designed for better performance than regular a 2-Valve engine. Combined with the revolutionary DTS-i (Digital Twin Spark-ignition) technology which maximizes combustion to deliver enhanced power and superior mileage with low emissions, the Pulsar 135 LS has one of the most efficient production engines ever.

1. More power: The 4 valve provides for a greater intake and exhaust area resulting in more power, almost equivalent a 2 valve 150cc engine.
   2. Sustained top end power: The light-weight character of the four smaller valves (as opposed to two heavier valves), which allow the engine to effortlessly rev to an eye-popping 10,500 rpm (electronically limited)!  
   3. Sporty ride: Given the wider rpm band, the engine can be revved hard and high in each gear resulting in a genuine sporty ride.
   4. More Mileage: Established superiority of DTS-i blended with 4 valve not only enhances the performance but also returns a very good fuel economy (68.1 km/l certified by ARAI)
More green: Comfortably meets BSIII regulations.