Sign in to follow this  
rugs_tachy

Maruti's New Car Plan

Hey all.. we all know that the Esteem needs a replacement.... Guess wht the Maruti have plan in store

We cld well see a new C segment car based on the Swift Platform!!

The car is to priced between 5 - 6 Lacs...shall be rolled out frm the Manesar's Plant. All its OEM's are in place and is due for a launch early next year.. Plans to have both Petrol and Diesel versions

I have seen the car (in the european market).... Anyone knows more abt this... and does any1 have its pic???

but susuki liena looks dated.

i dont feel that susuki will launch dated products anymore. they have changed..!!!! now they acts like toyota and honda, who replace cars...instead of complimenting older models. they have done it by replacing baleno with sx4. now they wre going to introduce splash.. almost...

hope so..

think maruthi wont try more with esteem, since its doing very badly. but the esteem brand is very strong.. so dont know wheather the new sedan will be called swift sedan or esteem.. swift brand is even stronger than esteem, hope they wont spoil the name...

i am also hoping if they could Bring in a facelift ALTO with a litlle bit more hieght to the searts. but till then we will wait for thier LIANA and spalsh i hope it will be a good value for money car

Ok guyz.. after seeing the pics... it really looks quite bad... just like sticking a boot in the existing swift.... they better make it good

Common Rugs its not Swift with the boot , it altogether a different model , and this model is present in Europe that is LIANA which will replace the existing esteem

and the Swift with the boot was a photoshop job and incase maruti will launch it they will make it better than what you seen in the pic,

Cheerssmiley20.gif

thers gonna be no swift with a boot.

as my dear friend sed it was a photoshop job

also if u havent realised the sx4 is the same extended chasis of swift. dont expect any other model on the swift platform

the new esteem is expected thou

even though platform is the same, sx4 is much wider than swift. so feel, it will be a good option to make sedan based on swift, since it will be more economical to produce than bringing a new platform for the new esteem.

also if u havent realised the sx4 is the same extended chasis of swift. dont expect any other model on the swift platform

even though platform is the same' date=' sx4 is much wider than swift. so feel, it will be a good option to make sedan based on swift, since it will be more economical to produce than bringing a new platform for the new esteem.

But Maruti is already taken in Liana for consideration so dont think the Swift sedan will be launched to replace the esteem ,

by the way is swift sedan launched in any other country?

no.. no-one has got even a single spy picture of swift sedan. susuki is also keeping mum, as usual. is there any official announcement from susuki, they are considering liana as next esteem..?

actually liana is successor generation of esteem.

2nd gen - is our esteem.

3rd gen - our baleno

4th gen- liana

5th gen - sx4.

liana has been replaced by sx4 in other markets like Europe. this may be the reason why, maruthi is considering to launch it here. just like what they have done in the case of zen estilo(zen estilo is last generation MR wagon in japan.) this will give liana high cost adventage, to compete with logan. smiley10.gif

dont take liana to be outdated car. it is very spacious and have better appointed interiors. hope we will get it very cheap. dont know on which platform is it based. baleno platform..? anyone..?   smiley25.gif