Sign in to follow this  
rugs_tachy

Maruti's New Car Plan

ok,.. so its almost fixed rt..? if NDTV has reported that way, they should be sure abut it. they wont report it if they are not sure about that.

so we can have the 1.3l petrol Lxi around 4.5lakhs, which will give logan and indigo, a run for their money.

cheers smiley20.gif

even i think that it will not just be the swift with boot as esteem `s replacemnt.

but i have a few questions

--will it be the laina or the swift(boot) for the replacement of esteem??

--if it is the liana then what will happen to the launch of swift (boot)in january

--if the swift is launched wont it hamper the sales of SX4 considering that the design is similar

1. not sure wheather it will be swift sedan or liana. i have searched the web and from the specifications, found that, the the dimensions are similar for baleno and liana. so i doubt if they share the same platform. if yes, it means that, bringing liana wont need setting up of a new assembly line, which is economical. and since they have the dies and tools for making liana free, since liana is replaced by sx4 in other markets. so maruthi will be able to get them at very small cost. but this is only a possibiliy. enen swift sedan is economical, since it will share many parts with the hatch back.

2. if esteem replacement is liana.. probably, maruthi wont bring swift sedan in the near future.

3. it may not hamber the sales, if the marketing department plans very well. sharing the platform doesnt mean much. even we can say that, honda civic and new CRV share the same platform, but they entirely differend. even, we can say, alto, wagon R and Zen estilo share the same platform.

even i think that it will not just be the swift with boot as esteem `s replacemnt.

but i have a few questions

--will it be the laina or the swift(boot) for the replacement of esteem??

--if it is the liana then what will happen to the launch of swift (boot)in january

--if the swift is launched wont it hamper the sales of SX4 considering that the design is similar

and here is another link, which hints about the introduction of the small car Splash, the SUV Jimny as well as a 'big' car (read Kizashi Concept) also.

http://www.autoindia.com/News/auto-news-india771.html

hopes that .. susuki is considering indian market still better and the indian auto industry is heating up...!!!!!!

cheers.... smiley20.gifsmiley32.gif

The Esteem replacement IS the sedan based on the swift BUT it wont be a swift with a boot.It will look different from the swift though not radically different. AND knowing suzuki it may name the car LIANA for want of a better name.

but suzuki hasnt yet shown any other prototype, in any of the auto shows, based on the swift platform, other than swift and sx4(which is actually based on extended swift platform). the whole process, prior to the lauch of a new vehicle will need abot 5 years, which includes, checking the customer response at auto shows. so, maruthi wont be able to launch an all new model, based on swift platform in 2008 january. so its certain that, it will be either swift with a boot, or the last generation liana. there is also another option, like getting an existing model from some other companies like GM DAT, and rebadge it as new esteem. but i think that, it wont make fruits in india. (actually, suzuki is selling the chevy optra in US, as a suzuki.)

and i would like to point out that:

1. a sedan based on swift platform - means, it may not necessarily resemble a swift.

2. a sedan based on swift - means it definitely   be a swift, with a boot. almost.

i think that, maruthi has announced that, its going to be a swift based sedan, and hence, it will share many parts with swift.

and i would like to point out that:
1. a sedan based on swift platform - means' date=' it may not necessarily resemble a swift.
2. a sedan based on swift - means it definitely   be a swift, with a boot. almost.

i think that, maruthi has announced that, its going to be a swift based sedan, and hence, it will share many parts with swift.[/quote']

yes,even i feel the swift sedan would be like the indigo,tatas had added the extra boot to indica..so the sedan version means that a boot with few changes will be added to the swift hatchback

jimny will only come to india when they have launched the replacement of the esteem and wagon r .so this means another one and half years .gypsy is a very good car ,the only problem is the diesel engine which maruti doesnot have.

gypsy is not being demanded by the people.its the airforce,army,police,and few organisations which have been demanding gypsy.otherwise it would have been phased out very early.

why no diesel engine--.>> even i dont know much about that>>>

Ya even i saw the story in the NDTV Car and Bike show Yday. Sedan based on swift platform. price 5-6 lakhs. Some plant already building the inventory for a Jan08 launch. Initial yrly sales expected to be 50-60000 units. Since it is based on existing platform maruthi expects huge margins (which is good news for stock holders it seems) and becos of the margins they will prob load it with feautures at a lower price point like they did with SX4.