creativebala

Maruti O2 - (Eeco)

Maruti has promised to bring an 8-seater code named O2. There has never been a scoop or what ever on that. But maruti, recently also said, it will bring this refreshed Versa looking van. This could either be a

Landy

1948a-suzuki_landy.jpg

APV

1234628047_suzuki_apv.jpg

I hope, Landy looks much better and it should come to India.

This market in India is totally untapped (No people mover less than 5L, versa failed miserably) that has AC,PS,PW,..etc

Price - over 4L

Possibility of MJD too

It will be the Suzuki APV which is being sold in some Asian countries and Australia. In Australia it is used as a mini cargo van. The biggest buyer of this model in Autralia is Australia Post. They are using this van for postal parcel deliveries. In Indonesia this model is used as a mini MPV called Arena. I think the Arena model will be coming to India.

There is no chance for the launch of Landy. It is a bigger van with eight seats. Actually it is a model developed by Nissan called Serena. If it is launched it will priced in 8 lakhs range to compete with Innova. But it will not be a good move by MSIL and also they dont have any suitable engine in India to power this model now.

Omni, wich costs 2 lakhrupees to be replaced with a vehicle which costs 4 or 8 lakh Rupees.

Read out the sentence above aloud and you will seehoy ridiculous it sounds.

Mods: Do i have to tell you what to do?

Omni' date=' wich costs 2 lakhrupees to be replaced with a vehicle which costs 4 [/quote']

Maruti Omni is not being considered a car anymore by many.

Cabbies only consider it mainly because they are least bothered on passengers life.

1.Omni has No Crumple Zones( front passengers acts as Crumple Zone),

2.no AC( think of  Summer Heats),

3.No PS( Think of the weight in Traffic if fully loaded),

4.only small car with Coil Springs( doctors will be happy to treat your neck pains),

5.No Diesel (Present Indian Fuel),

6.bad braking and bad stability. For many years, it has only drums all around.

So to address all these issues, Rs 4L is an acceptable rate. 

Will you accept any present day car with atleast one flaw as in the above list

APV will never be a replacement for Omni but it is the new generation Versa. The national engine, 1.3 Multijet/DDiS can make the horoscope of  APV brighter than the bad fate of Versa. Looks wise it is better than Versa for me.

Except for diesel, all these features are present in versa.

see how it flopped. Maruti should buy diesel engines from Tata(1.3 MJD will turn out to be tooo expensive) and put it in either omni or versa and watch it top sales charts.

i an recommending tata indica's diesel engine' date=' not indigo's[/quote']

I think both shared same Dicor engine.

(or) you are talking about TDI engine (BS-IV obsolate).If so, do you want Omni D to be sold til April '10 and then confine it to villages. (doesn't sounds good)

Neither of ur mentioned new VANS will come to India recently...reason being....

1. maruti has exhausted itself by launching many models in a short span recently........they need to capitalize on them first.

2. they will upgrade the omni 's engine to euro 4 & continue to sell.....hey this is still the cheapest vehicle sold in india....great demand in rural areas....good vehicle if driven carefully.....I owned a omni for close to 7 yrs.

3. Versa will also be upgraded to euro 4 with little modifications......reason it could not take off well  was due to steap price initially ......but at 4 lakh, it is still best value for money for a small family.......I was using it for more than 2 yrs .....nice car smiley20.gif

4. maruti is very much aware that pricing APV (or) any similar van near 5L will see the same fate as how versa sold early.......