creativebala

Maruti O2 - (Eeco)

The car major Maruti Suzuki will launch a new family car 'Eeco' with a

1,200cc petrol engine in the under-Rs 4 lakh segment, at the upcoming

Auto Expo in the capital.

The vehicle, which has been specifically designed for the domestic market, will comply with Bharat Stage IV emission norms.

The Eeco was under development out for the past three years and developed by the a team of Maruti Suzuki engineers.

The Eeco will come with a three-row and two-row seating arrangements

with seating capacities of five and seven passengers, respectively.

According to industry sources, the car will be under C segment and is likely to be priced below Rs 4 lakh.

When contacted, Maruti Suzuki Managing Executive Officer

(Engineering) IV Rao said: "The new car represents the growing

expertise of our engineers to conceive, design and produce vehicles

here. This is also in line with parent Suzuki Corp's vision of turning

India into a global hub for small car research and development."

source: Business Standard

I knew that somewhat like this will come, although we heard that Eeco will be an all new MPV, but still MSIL are masters in these bloody cheap tactics, i read here on last page MSIL was working on Eeco for 3years, so they were working on Versa after its failure, it seems a joke.

Everytime i think that may be MSIL is working on better product or i should believe in them but everytime i get disappointment and i start hating them more.

Seriously whats the difference between Eeco and Versa, its just minor facelift, mind well not even major but just minor facelift to Versa and a name change(with new engine ofcourse but that too is because of emission norms).bluesapphire2009-12-23 09:46:27

This is not Eeco. This should be called Eel.............. What a pity! I feel that the MSIL engineerssmiley8.gif are mentally retarded people to work for 3 years on Versa to make this crap. A local workshop guy can make better modifications within 3days. Its too much an annoying move from MSIL smiley7.gifjimgeo2009-12-24 12:49:37

They wouldn't have even touched the Versa if the bs4 norms were not to ccome this 2010 . Anyways a disaster taxi people should buy the lpg or cng varient of this rather than the omini.

But I would like to differ.

The Eeco being the face-lifted Versa was obvious.

Maruti Suzuki was always commenting that the Eeco will be based on Versa. Maruti is giving us what they have promised. That was us, the motor enthusiasts, who made a rumor about Eeco being an all new car.

Also an all new car in the Eeco name would not make economic sense, since Maruti is planning to produce an all new MPV based on the SX4 platform.smiley20.gif

If the Versa price could come down due the introduxtion of 1.2litre engine, there is no reason why the Versa would start selling well. However, putting in the 1.3 DDIS engine would attract big volumes, which even Maruti would not have dreamt of!! smiley17.gif

Please maruti, listen to us this time! Please come with DDIS engine option for Eeco!smiley13.gif

I've not liked the facelft effort but as Maruti is targetting "Practicality", maybe it won't matter much.  I still feel Maruti should have given it some kind of character for buyers to form some kind of a connection!

I am more concerned about the price than the looks.smiley3.gif Hope they will price it close to 3-3.5lakh.

Omni is not much of a looker. When you think of Omni, forget about safety! Not just Omni, the Tata Ace Magic too! Still they are selling very well.