creativebala

Maruti O2 - (Eeco)

And another big difference between the 2 is that Eeco is having 2rear sliding doors while Versa had only one.

hey blusapphire , we had the versa.

it has 5 doors total 2+2 + ****ey.

it has 2 slider doors and not 1

Great News Guys!!

Eeco launched at a starting price tag of 2.59 lakh!

At this price, it is going to be a real success. The price indicates that, it would be the Omni replacement; and is a very good news, since Eeco somewhat attends to the Omni's issue related to safety!

I still need to believe that, Maruti has priced it soooo low!!! Congratulations Maruti, You have done a wonderfull Job!!!

To make this a success' date=' MSIL has only two options,

1. Plonk MJD

or

2. Stop producing OMNI
[/quote']

No need for the two options since the pricing is too aggressive. Those who don't care for looks but have great concerns for utility and price will buy this. They will fit an LPG kit and make it one of the cheapest means of family transportation.

After the unbelievable pricing of Eeco given by Maruti Suzuki, I expect a lot of families to consider Eeco as a better option than Omni as it offers a lot.  Crumple zones, better build, Air Conditioning and a better and bigger engine.  It is suitable as a perfect vehicle for slightly bigger families and joint families.  The 5 seater AC unit is really good.  Add a LPG kit and it makes one of the cheapest AC cars on the road now for a family of five.  Great move by Maruti.   

What if Venture diesel prices it around 3-4L' date=' then will there be any taker for EEco petrol.[/quote']

Even if Tata prices Venture in 3-4 lakhs range there will be customers for Eeco for the following reasons:

1. Maruti reliability

2. Safer than Venture since it has a projecting bonnet.

3. One more door

4. LPG is cheaper than diesel to run (most of the uyers will fit an LPG kit or even Maruti will launch an LPG version or Duo)

5. There will be a lot of buyers without aesthetic sensesmiley2.gif

4. LPG is cheaper than diesel to run (most of the uyers will fit an LPG kit or even Maruti will launch an LPG version or Duo)

This is wrong dude

Apart from this,

Venture can be Slightly unsafe but super spacious + a Diesel @ around same cost, so it has to eat a lot into Eeco's market

i agree with bala' date=' the Venture will no doubt be a better product overall,not to forget better quality that the Venture will offer.[/quote']

How many Tata vehicles we have seen without initial problems and quality related issues?

May be they have improved much in the case of Vista and Manza. But remember that it is with the help of Fiat. Is Fiat having any role in the venture of this Venture?

Venture looks very good and more spacious than Eeco.

@ Bala: How is diesel more cost effective than LPG? Could you clear my doubt since I dont know the current LPG price in India.

Not withstanding the near-equal cost of Tata's Diesel Venture to the Maruti's Petrol Eeco (which can later be fitted with a LPG kit, only if needed), many families may prefer to buy a petrol vehicle than a diesel one if their usage is low.  Moreover, the general perception is that the maintenance of a diesel car is relatively higher than a petrol car.  So, I think Eeco may have a better sales figure than Venture.

That's a good move by a Maruti Suzuki to all its critics,

Infact its a Sound answer to all of them in the form of an Omni's Successor at very much aggressive cost.

People will definitely go for it even for the Petrol version too as:

-Refined,Frugal & Powerful K-Series engine really appeal to the Taxi market for the Hilly Himalayan reigon owners.

-Due to above advantages it will also appeal to bigger families too with smaller budget for their cars.

-As a Petrol engined, its maintenance will be low & will be silent too......

-Maruti's unbeatable A.S.S even upto Leh.

-LPG option will eat away with the Crying need of the Diesel option too....

Maruti has launched a new MPV - the Eeco, at the auto expo, which seems

to be a stripped down version of the Maruti Versa, with th 1.2 KB

series engine and in 3 variants - 5 seater Standard, 5-str AC and 7

seater (non-AC). It has a price tag of Rs 2.7 lakh (ex-Bangalore) for

the 5 seater A/C. I'm sure it will be a good alternative to the archaic

Maruti Omni. It would've been much better if Maruti had plonked it with

the Swift's 1.3 DDiS engine.

Anyway

this is the link to the Maruti Eeco's site.

http://marutisuzukieeco.in

I think there a a couple of minor sheet metal changes here and there. Like at the boot.

Friends i checked the new Eeco at a showroom in Mumbai yesterday. I found it a very practical and of utilitarian value.

Entry & Exit is very comfy for elderly at the rear

Decent headroom and legroom at the rear.

Ride quality is ok

Build quality is filmsy just like the OMNI

Gear shift is typical Maruti except for the smooth shift from 4th to 5th which Maruti calls 'shift assist' :)

Storage space is phenomenal

Lastly @ Rs 3.40 Lacs on-road, the 5 seater AC version is a steal.

My wish-list for the Eeco.

Better quality upholstery and door trims

Power steering

Day & night mirror and internally operated door mirrors.

Broader tyres

Body coloured bumpers

Let me know your views on the Eeco. Do u think it is a good second car option ?

@Harmnoy: At 3.4 L otr, I think if you spend another say 50K I think you can have all in that wish list except Power Steering. Think about it at something just below 4 L you have a customised MUV. And there's enough space for some great ICE. The interior's will have to be stripped and then rebuilt, with sound deadening and some great seats in leather and some 2 pile carpetting.

Durango Dude2010-01-22 11:32:54

Eeco is  aimed, fair and square, at the taxi segment, just a matter of time before the CNG/LPG version's are launched and then can counter the Indica/Indigo on running cost's too. It's Maruti's ploy to woo the Indica/CS/Vista brigade of customer's, with a large spacious, reliable, refined MUV, visavis the above Tata's.    It's MSIL way of going for Tata's jugular. It's MSIL's way of getting back for stealing it's thunder with the Nano.

Durango Dude2010-01-22 17:22:27

Eeco is  aimed' date=' fair and square, at the taxi segment, just a matter of time before the CNG/LPG version's are launched and then can counter the Indica/Indigo on running cost's too. It's Maruti's ploy to woo the Indica/CS/Vista brigade of customer's, with a large spacious, reliable, refined MUV, visavis the above Tata's.    It's MSIL way of going for Tata's jugular. It's MSIL's way of getting back for stealing it's thunder with the Nano.

[/quote']

The strategy is apparent. The Omni is becoming dated and its potentials have been fully exploited.It seems to have reached a plateau as far as sales are concerned.So MSIL with the Eeco is aiming at the taxi market and people who want a cheap 5/7 seater. The quality of plastics inside and the dash are all below par to cut costs.

The clever pricing strategy from Maruti for Eeco will make it a sure shot success.Eeco has a waiting of 100-120 days in our city. I have driven the Versa many times both in city & outskirts; its engine & driving is very pleasurable & very steady. If the new engine in Eeco is more efficient then Versa,then its a "sone pe suhaga". I think it is an excellent value package for larger families for city as well as rural purpose.Observing Maruti since 1980's, they never withdraw a flop model or platform very easily, they make changes & variations to finally make money out of each model, so it was very premature to expect that Maruti will come out with new MPV without first fixing the Versa platform.    

@abhema :

I guess you had a question on what is new on the Eeco than the old Versa ?

Eeco has got a new engine. 1.2litre k series. The old versa had a 1.3litre doing duty on Esteems and old swifts.

Versa had a dual compressor AC. I think it is now back to mono compressor.

FE of Eeco is better than versa.

The body panels of Eeco looks similar to that of versa but they are thinner and lighter. So build quality of Eeco is worse than Versa.

Versa had LCV tyres as standard when it was launched but changed to radials after a few years. The new Eeco comes with tubeless radials. But an upgrade is seriously recommended if you want it for good use.

Headlamps and tail lamps are now clear lens. There is no Lxi or Vxi model also. Just 5 or 7 seater option with optional AC

sb-alto2010-08-02 07:47:21

The clever pricing strategy from Maruti for Eeco will make it a sure shot success.......................Observing Maruti since 1980's' date=' they never withdraw a flop model or platform very easily, they make changes & variations to finally make money out of each model, so it was very premature to expect that Maruti will come out with new MPV without first fixing the Versa platform.    

[/quote']

Indeed. The WagonjR for instance did badly for a couple of years, but rose to nearly become the market leader. But we still have to wait for some models like the Estilo to finally catch up.

I was just wondering, why Maruti didn't think about phasing out the unsafe Omni. The price difference is just about Rs 50000 or so, and there are not many alternatives other than the Omni/Eeco. Maruti could have very well phased out the Omni that sold 5917 units in June and stood in the top 10, to promote sales of the Eeco, or at least not introduced the BS4 Omni.smiley7.gif