creativebala

Maruti O2 - (Eeco)

@ sb-alto,

Thanks for a very good insight into why Eeco even though being on Versa platform is coming so cheap.I think Maruti & other auto cos. will continue making cheap quality goods till the day Indian customers reject auto models just on the basis of quality,which till now has not happened. Models are infact rejected by Indians if they do not fall in the VFM proposition of the Indian mindset. For majority of us price is a very sensitive issue.If all major issues like price, FE, utility are okay,we readily adjust to slightly inferior interiors, safety issues are also ignored. Thats why I feel Eeco will b quite successful till a better " VFM "  option comes out to replace it.    

The body panels of Eeco looks similar to that of versa but they are thinner and lighter. So build quality of Eeco is worse than Versa.

Headlamps and tail lamps are now clear lens. There is no Lxi or Vxi model also. Just 5 or 7 seater option with optional AC

Er, Subh, I must point out that Maruti never offered the Lxi/Vxi series on the Versa. The Versa was offered in the trims Std. 5 seater., DX, DX2 and SDX.

I'm surprised to know about the Eeco's build quality. Thanks for bringing out many valid points here.smiley32.gif

Hey sb alto, Eeco doesnt have the new 1.2 Litre K-series engine rather the same 1.3 G-series engine with a reduced capacity 1.2 Litre and shorter bumper(less than 4000mm) to pass off as a small car and pass the excise duty benefits to consumers.

Let me something more,

Along with the Thin & light Door Panels, Its Door Trims are also PVC Mat on the Card-Board type(like Omni & 800) as compared to that of Versa's Moulded Plastic ones.

& the Eeco have lowered Roof as compared to that of the Tall-ish One of the Versa.

imagesq=tbn:ANd9GcSReXb-CEN84XAiH9l4VxV-imagesq=tbn:ANd9GcSn828ujlytoJKuGbkjIfSl