Dr.Vitrag

Buying my first car-suggest between Estilo/WagonR

Hello Friends,

I'm going to buy car for my own for first time and so i've little technical knowledge.

I'm interested in buying car around 4 lakh INR.

I'm impressed with Maruti Estilo Zen VXi.

But confused between it and Wagon R VXi.

And i've also heard that Maruti is going to launch new model of Wagon R in late 2009 or 2010.

Can you advice me should i wait for that new model of Wagon R or buy estilo/wagon r rightnow?

Will there be major changes in new model?

Or estilo VXi is best option for me even if they release new model, estilo will be better or as good as new model?

Please advice me guys.

I'm going to order for car tomorrow.

Thanks.

wagonR is thI hope, me being a wagonR owner doesnt affect my reply... Is the zen lighter than wagonR??? Even maruti site says zen estilo is 30 kgs more than the wagonR

My father had a huge liking for the zen brand... He wanted to exchange our wagonR for the estilo... Went and checked it out, but realised that it is too cramped... Ok, if i were to chose between santro and estilo, i'd go for estilo... But, after owning the spacious wagonR, dont feel like going back to a smaller car...

Also... The zens 1.0L engine was discontinued because it was a tight fit in the estilo engine bay... then how come, they can launch a diesel??? Source of info???

Now... Saying all these... if i were to buy a new car for me, i'd buy the estilo only, cause it more of a drivers car than wagonR, is new, and got a better feel to it... If i were to buy one for family, and comfort matters, i'd stick to the wagonR... (actually, thinking of going for a duo)e

I suggest that you buy the Ritz. There isn't a very big difference in the prices. Both the Estilo and Wagon R are old cars and frankly not the best cars in the market anymore.

EDIT: If you have to choose between the two, the my vote would go to the Estilo.

FRG
FuelRunGod2009-09-28 12:44:14

I suggest that you buy the Ritz. There isn't a very big difference in the prices. Both the Estilo and Wagon R are old cars and frankly not the best cars in the market.

FRG

I don't like Ritz. :(

anyone have any idea about new model of wagon r?

Will it be better than estilo zen VXi?

=========================

What do you say about estilo zen VXi?

Isnt it better than current model of wagon r?

Well for what its worth. The Ritz is a far superior car and its definately worth a second look. Other option would be the i10 another brilliant car.

I'm not aware when the new Wagon R is due to arrive.

FRG

Ok. But can you tell me y dont u like estilo? or wagon r?

cons of estilo?

There is no detail about the new Wagon R.As of now all we know, it will get the same engine that does the duty on A-star and estilo and also the same gearbox. Between the two, if you have to buy this year, I will vote for Estilo, because as wagon-r will undergo change, you are getting an older car,  but will also face more depreciation. Estilo looks allright, has good enough interior space and a ver refined and fuel efficient engine.

Maruti has many launches coming, and I dont expect Maruti launching the new Wagon R before the Auto Expo in January next year.

Both the Estilo and Wagon R are built on the same platform so the Estilo inherits the Wagon R's weaknesses.

To begin with, the Estilo is a noisy car. If you push the engine, the engine can be irritatingly loud. The seats are not very comfortable (better than Wagon R though). The rear suspension is too soft which shows up at high speeds. The plastics aren't great either.

EDIT: The gearboxes in both the cars have terrible shift quality.

In a nutshell, there are far better cars available at similar prices.

Seriously, if you don't like the Ritz, the i10 is your best bet. Drive it and see.

FRG
FuelRunGod2009-09-28 13:01:52

Ok. But can you tell me y dont u like estilo? or wagon r?

He said Ritz is better and not estilo or Wagon R are bad.

The reasons being Ritz is New (Car as well as Platform) than Estilo/WR

Ritz is Big, spacious, stable and above all its a segment more than Estilo/WR.

My bad I was talking about the older engine. The new engine is better' date=' but the vibrations are still a bit much. Gearshift is thankfully better than before.

FRG

[/quote']

So now which one do you recommend?

And in between Wagon R and new estilo zen VXi?

The ideal selection would be the i10. But between the Wagon R and Estilo' date=' it would be the Estilo. But I really want you take a look at the i10 and Ritz. Trust me you will not be disappointed.

FRG[/quote']

K.

But my dad told me to choose from maruti only and for rits, i dont like its look.

There is no detail about the new Wagon R.As of now all we know' date=' it will get the same engine that does the duty on A-star and estilo and also the same gearbox. Between the two, if you have to buy this year, I will vote for Estilo, because as wagon-r will undergo change, you are getting an older car,  but will also face more depreciation. Estilo looks allright, has good enough interior space and a ver refined and fuel efficient engine.

Maruti has many launches coming, and I dont expect Maruti launching the new Wagon R before the Auto Expo in January next year.
[/quote']

Hmm.

Do you think it'll be within 5 lac and will it be better than new estilo zen ?

I can wait if it's going to be definately better car than estilo..

As rightnow, i've mostly decided for estilo but as i'm going to buy first time, i can wait if better model of wagon r will come within 3-4months.

I think the best car suited for you would be  the New Estilo VXI model. It would be within Rs. 4.20 lakhs.Its a good looking car far better than Wagon R and its has the same lenghth, width, seating layout, space as that of Wagon R along with more features.,Go for the ABS + Airbag equipped VXi model. Its superb VFM.swiftvxi062009-09-29 18:35:50

If you are considering Wagon R and Estilo,

I will suyggest you the Estilo. Its a better car overall now. The new Estilo has more refined and fuel efficient engine; Smooth gear shift; Improved handling and better styling than the older one.

Hence, Estilo is a better car overall.

But I would recommed you to consider A-star as well, since it will also come in the same Price bracket. It is more fun to drive than the other two, though the seats are a bit low in height in comparison. But I don't think it will be a concern, since you are young! :-)

Go for i10, it's a much better car than Estilo and Wagon R. It's better looking and has much better interiors, performance is better and you get more space too.

Ritz is also a good buy if you can extend your budget by 20 -30 k.

Santro, i10, spark and Ritz are much much much better cars then Estilo and that big dabba crap wagon R. If you dont like Ritz, then go for i10, its the best hatch available at that price and in many factors even better than Ritz and Estilo cant be compared with more modern and more importantly a hyundai which has better build quality, comfort, interiors than most marutis especially old marutis. and even in A.s.s and maintenance Hyundai is at par with Maruti so why to worry.

When many other non-marutis are available at good price and all things good especially better than Estilo/wagonR, then why to stick with Maruti only.