goenkakushal

Mumbai to Aurangabad Drive

Hello guys, am driving down to Aurangabad this weekend. We plan to Drive overnight from mum to aur, I would like to know WHICH WILL BE THE BEST ROUTE if ur femiliar with this place.

1)MUM-PUNE-AHMEDNAGAR-AURANGABAD

xpress way and State Highway 27

2)MUM-NASHIK-SANGAMANER-SHIRIRAMPUR-AURANGABAD

National Highway 3 and National Highway 50

3)MUM-SARALGOAN-BHALUNI-AHMEDNAGAR-AURANGABAD

National Highway 222

If anyone has travelled recently please let me know the road conditions as i will be travelling at night.

I've done the first route. Pune-Ahmednagar-Aurangabad. As you'd expect, the expressway is a dream, but the drive through Chakan till Ahmednagar has road construction happening. But there are some good pieces of road as well. As you get closer to Aurangabad, the road becomes a proper four-laner.

Night driving is better because traffic is less. But be careful of sudden diversions which could be a little harder to see at night.

FRG

Oke Thanks FRG. when was this trip done? Am sure as you chose this route u must hav done some research..

So can you tell me disadvantage of choosing the Nashik route/? is it longer or does it take more time etc.

Why did you take the chakan route FRG?  google maps  directs to take SH 27 directly from pune rather than going to NH 50 upto chakan and then taking SH 27

Actually that was the only route I knew at the time which seemed the shortest on the map. I took this drive when the new Superb was launched, so a few months back.

I've done Bombay-Nasik-Indore 15 days ago. I can tell you that Bombay Nasik has improved a lot over the past year. Earlier there was a lot of construction happening, now a lot of the stretch is a divided four-laner and to top it off, the Kasara Ghats have one way traffic with the opening of the new road for Bombay bound traffic which has drastically cut down travel time. You can expect to reach Nasik in about three hours from Bombay. But after Nasik my last drive will not be relevant to you.

FRG