vineet

I20 or City ? (Brain Vs Heart)

Hi All

I write to seek your guidance as this choice is becoming a bit difficult for me than i thought.

Some background:-

• My usage is in tune of 1500 Km/month
  • Most of it is a combination of highway (40%) & city (60%)
  • Want to keep my budget tabbed at under 10 Lakhs
  • Dont want to buy CNG's etc - Either straight Diesel or Petrol
  • Not Keen on Maruti or TATA - Hence no Swift DDiS etc

Keeping my usage pattern in mind it seems logical to go for diesel, hence I20.

Also i am very happy with Hyundai after sales service. Own a Verna too & never had any issues (Touch Wood)

This left me with 2 options that i arrived at ;-- I20 (D) Asta close to 7.5 Lakhs in Delhi & Honda City (around 10Lakhs)

If i go with my brain it clearly makes sense for I20 looking at usage etc but what kills it is the looks. That is where the City makes a entry

Need your advice :--

• Which is the logical buy
  • Is there any other option i should consider
  • A important consideration is After Sales & Cost of Spares & frequency of service (Service Intervals etc) - Leading to something like Skoda being not considered here

Look forward to your views.

If you have got the money, just go for City!! It is a class apart from i20. It will be more comfortable and the brand value is also far better.

Since you own another Diesel car, the sensible thing will be to buy a petrol car, and use the current Verna more often. smiley2.gif

Verna is used by my Dad & i want to have a seperate one for me.

What is the fun of owning a car if you dont drive it?

This is going to be my primary car hence max usagesmiley9.gif
vineet2009-09-30 04:25:13

i20 - Asta diesel could be better choice because

1. Already you have sedan and hatchback could be better choice

2. You have 40% highway drive and i20 comes with 5 star safety rating

3. Also you have 60% city driving then hatchback is good in heavy traffic

Hi Vineet, having driven both I20 and ANHC the decision to choose one over the other would depend on certain personal considerations :

1. Pleasure of driving in terms of space comfort......City (esp Automatic)

2. Driving in city traffic (60%).....I20 being a hatchback

3. Brand Value......City - no choice on that front

4. Design and aesthetics......City

5. ASS....Both Honda and Hyundai are good but Honda is more expensive

In both cases try going for an AT, its an absolute pleasure esp in city traffic

Hard to compare the both as they are in seperate categories. But I guess the 1-1.5 lacs you would be paying more for the Honda is justified for the extra

value it offers. Both cars, overall offer decent value.

I know I should not say this but consider the Linea as wellsmiley36.gif. It is one mind blowing car.

Although, from the above two, if your heart is set on a City and you can afford it, nothing better.

If price is not a problem go for the City, other cars you could consider within 8 lacs are Fiesta(both S and diesel) and Jazz.

If you don't want to exceed your budget for the City, go for Fiesta diesel. There is a limited edition available now at 6.5 lacs.

If diesel go for i20 and if petrol go for City. Since you are considering hatch and also like Honda you can have a look at Jazz too but its with smaller engine.

For city use its definately i20 as its sedan from inside while hatch from outside.

And frankly speaking i love the looks of i20, it has more curves than city and thats what makes it looks a total european cars which are designed to look more bold, elegant and rich, especially the berry red & black color in Asta variant. Also you will be getting much more features which are not available even in 13-16lac cars(Asta).

And as you already have a sedan its wise to for i20.

I think you also own Endy and Laura if am not wrong, in that case it should be i20 for sure.

For more info you can also PM our ACi member Rssh, as he recently got i20 Crdi diesel and also considered petrol cars like City and Fiesta.

Since, you have made your mind to touch 7.5 Lakh for i 20, it only makes sense & LOGICAL you go for Honda City since its not away from your budget....

Enjoy getting ownership of a fabulous huge luxury car like City (or) you will definetly regret buying a small car like i20 at a cost which is only few Lakhs away from city and within your budget....

HONDA CITY IS YOUR WAY TO GO smiley16.gif

@vineet if you can afford buying and running a petrol car on such a high milege then go for the H city as it is a great car with modern looking lines and brand value , if buying city upgrade the tyres.

When i20 diesel is concerned it is an excellent highway cruser and has the best features which cars like jetta and laura have and it is easy to drive in the city too . The all wheel disc brake are fantastic (a good vfm)

You choice a sedan or a hatch (do you really need a boot) .

Your choices are both good in their own respects. i20 is a great hatch in diesel format and comes loaded to the gills. Honda City has recently been given the goodies that it needed in the first place. It's a difficult choice with brand equity tilting in favor of the Honda.  Durango Dude2009-10-10 18:37:55