325i

Indigo Manza launch Oct 14. Launched!

The link is not working. But have read it on other site. I think this one is not exactly a vista with boot, is having many changes which includes projector headlamps, and usual instrument cluster rather than centre console on Vista among other changes.

And also Vista has started picking up sales now so i think Manza will do well as Vista has proved itself to some extent and for Manza it will not a tough task to do all things again.

smiley20.gif?Great scoop' date=' and good engine options. Hope Tata gives ABS/EBD/Airbags, atleast this time. [/quote'] According to reports we will get audio controls, projector lamps, Airbags, Abs on top-end model. I think tata is also going to launch Vista with safety features so probably they will give these features in Manza from initial launch only. This will surely affect the Dzire if it looks good coz its gonna have better boot, much better comfort and space and ride quality too..Also a powerful petrol and diesel engine from Fiat. I dont think that any new car launched can be as ugly as dzire so hope to see a good sedan based on hatch.

Also the interiors will be better than Vista with better quality and instrument console on its usual position and not in centre.

More from CC.

indigo-vista-rear-3-4.jpg

Tata Motors is getting ready to launch the next generation Indigo which has been christened the Indigo Manza. The car will be unveiled by Tata Motors Chairman, Ratan Tata at a ceremony in Mumbai on 14th October.

The Indigo Manza is based on the extended Indica Vista platform and promises class leading interiors space, even more refinement and a huge boot. According to our sources who have seen the car in person, the boot is now better integrated into the overall shape unlike the previous gen Indigo whose boot looked like a hasty add-on.

Source: autocarindia

Picture Source: autocarindia

Like all Tata cars in the past, the new Indigo Manza will offer sterling value for money and will be packed with equipment. Some of the features include slightly different front end treatment with projector headlamps to differenciate it from the Indica Vista and steering mounted controls. The dashboard design is similar to the Indica Vista but the instrument console will be shifted to its usual place, which is in front of the driver. The quality of the trimmings and fabric is also expected to be better than its hatchback cousin.

The Indigo Manza will come with two engine options, both of which are sourced from Fiat. The petrol will be the 1.4 Litre 16 Valve DOHC offering 95 bhp while the diesel will the VGT version of the 1.3 Litre Multijet with 90 bhp output.

The new Indigo Manza is expected to be priced between 5.5 Lakhs for the entry level petrol to 7.5 Lakhs for the top end diesel.

bluesapphire2009-10-01 08:13:26

How come the Linea petrol makes 85 bhp and the Manza makes 95 bhp? I think the Manza will have 'peppy' performance as compared to Linea, the Manza looks 'lighter' in wieght/build than the Linea from the pic. The starting price is 'tempting' enough. The safety features will tempt me more than the gimmicky 'projector' headlight's. Hope Tata  get's the 'quality' right this time around.

How come the Linea petrol makes 85 bhp and the Manza makes 95 bhp? I think the Manza will have 'peppy' performance as compared to Linea' date=' the Manza looks 'lighter' in wieght/build than the Linea from the pic. The starting price is 'tempting' enough. The safety features will tempt me more than the gimmicky 'projector' headlight's. Hope Tata? get's the 'quality' right this time around.[/quote']

Well european cars are much heavier than its korean/jap/indian counterparts, so definately Indigo will be much lighter than Linea. Imagine how good it will perform given that many like to drive Dzire petrol and diesel, indigo will be better in city as well as highways due to more powerful engine. All tata cars before were severly critisized for being very underpowered but with Fiat its changing everything.

The build quality will be same as Vista so its acceptable one, atleast par with marutis if not better. And for price tata's are always known for tempting[b/] prices but this time it will be with better quality.

1.3mjd in Linea delivers 86BHP and not 90. new Indigo will be having similar output.

If Tata gets the looks department well, it'll have a hot seller.Crazy cat2009-10-03 12:15:25

The teaser website for the soon to be launched, Tata Indigo Manza is up and running. The is scheduled to be launched on 14th October and is expected to be another value for money champion from Tata Motors.

The teaser picture on the website confirms the instrument console in front of the driver unlike the Indica Viasta and steering mounted controls for the stereo and possibly a bluetooth connection system for your mobile phone!

The crevice above the central console also has a multifunction display which will show wealth of information.

http://indulgeinmanza.com/index.html

That's really good news. Finally the much awaited Indigo Vista or Manza is here. Tata seems to be at their peak at this time. But who knows there might be more to come.

BS, I know there is another thread. I went through that and after seeing this one, wondered why there are two threads on Indigo Manza.

So I wanted what's different in this thread. But the link was found out to be a false one.

Tata Indigo Manza

Colours:

• porcelain white
  • cavern grey
  • maroon red
  • infinity black
  • dark blue
  • silver
  • some golden beige
Dimensions:
  • length: 4413 mm
  • width: 1703 mm
  • height: 1550 mm
  • wheelbase: 2520 mm
  • ground clearence: 165 mm
Engines:
  • 1368 cc, 16V DOHC, Safire petrol, 4 cylinder with 90ps@6000 rpm, 116 NM torque@4750 rpm
  • 1248 cc, 16V DOHC, quadrajet diesel, 4 cylinder with 90ps@4000 rpm, 200 NM torque@1750-3000 rpm
Wheel and tyres:
  • 185/60 R15 tubeless radial with full wheel covers (all variants)
Variants:
  • Aqua
  • Aura
  • Aura option pack
  • Aura plus
Aqua key features:
  • chrome front grill
  • black bumper moulding, side moulding and door handles
  • 15" wheels with full wheel covers
  • dual tone grey interiors
  • tachometer
  • front power windows
  • A/C and heater
  • tilt adjustable power steering
Aura adds to aqua
  • rear power windows
  • central locking
  • rear defogger
  • body coloured bumper moulding, door handles and OSRVM
  • integrated CD MP3 player with USB and aux-in
  • front and rear fog lights
Aura option pack adds:(badged as aura ABS)
  • ABS with EBD
  • bluetooth stereo with steering mounted controls
  • height adjustable driver's seat
  • rear armrest
Aura plus adds:
  • driver and passenger front airbags
  • remote keyless entry*
  • electric adjust OSRVM
  • driver information system showing fuel consumption, date, time and temperature
*yet to confirm, rest equipment levels are close to accurate.

Tata Motors has already created a hype and have since one week issued a few full page advertisements in national papers revealing the Manza images part by part!

Guess tomorrow  a full image of the car will be officially revealed.

sidindica the ABS EBD option is a very, very pleasant surprise from Tata. The Vista even after a full year of production could not get that

option.

And "Airbags from Tata" should be the popular demand now!smiley1.gif