FuelRunGod

Honda CR-V Or Suzuki Grand Vitara

The Grand Vitara is cheaper and more capable off-road but then the CR-V has a gem of an engine and handles like a sedan. Both are petrols. Which one would you have parked in your garage?

If you were to ask me, Id take the Vitara, simply because I dont really like the current CRVs look. The Vitara looks so well proportioned and has all the necessary gear for off-roading. Yes, it shares some bits from the swift/sx4, and yes the build quality is not a patch on the honda. But then its around 4 lakhs cheaper.

FRG

The new Grand Vitara unlike its hardcore previous version is monocoque construction and geared more toward the mall cruiser crowd as is the Civic chassis based CRV, between the two gasser engine, my choice would be Honda, cant do what my Gurkha does off road anyways with either so will prefer the silky smooth Honda engine for on road driving.

i think you are being sexist by saying that the car is for girls.. what exactly is your defination of a girls car .. maybe i would term it as a soccermoms car sounds nicer ..!! NO ?

No a soccer moms car would be a mini van or a station wagon. This ones a cross. Its an SUV with too many curves. When I said it was a girls car, it meant that the older one looked more macho than this. Anyway, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

FRG

Yeah, no questioning the Endeavour as a renowned mud-plugger. But for a soft-roader that is to be driven by people who dont quite fancy the muck of the great outdoors, the CR-V hits the spot, in my opinion. Its got enough off-road ability as any city slicker would need to dip his toe in the wild, and then run away screaming and feeling good about himself and the comfort and road ability of a saloon. The Vitara, not knowing which to be - Off or Soft-roader - has compromised many things in the process.

launch.png

FRG - absolutely right.

Topic: if there was a choice between just these 2, the CRV would certainly be a better bet, looks decent, its cosy, comfortable, zippy, and quite a tool around town! No offense to Suzuki, but the Vitara isnt all that er, grand!

Am with you guys. Just cant get over the new CR-V. Took it for a long test drive the other day and was bowled over by its handling. Man, this thing hugs corners better than a saloon car. And you know what? Its exactly the same as the CR-V in the UK. Thats what I like about Honda. no skimping for third world markets

I wonder though why Honda do not bring their diesel engines that they offer as options abroad, to India it would kill everything within close range. Also frg is it possible to build an autorefresh function on the site

I wonder though why Honda do not bring their diesel engines that they offer as options abroad' date=' to India it would kill everything within close range. Also frg is it possible to build an autorefresh function on the site[/quote']

Sorry to dig old topic,

but the reason behind Honda sticking to Petrol Engines is the Diesel Quality available in India.

And if suppose coincidentally Honda launch Diesel Engine (for City, Civic, Accord, CRV), the pricing will be hard to match the competition.

sudeepd2009-02-24 13:54:58

I would have preffered the CRV not just because of its engine but also because of the looks both inside-out. If you are spending 15 lakhs on a vitara it is better to spend afew lakhs more and get crv or outlander.

crv is the best in that segment.its smooth,powerfull,easy to drive.vitara is a good vechile but no where near crv.vitara was around 21lac at the launch of intial stages but due to no sale,maruti have dropped the prices.if your putting 16lac on vitara strech a bit n go for crv,better value for money.