abilash2006

help me guys

help me out .. confused..

i want to choose between the hunk, cbz xtreme abd apache rtr. i am 5'7 tall.. i am crazy abt bikes... but cant choose between the three.. i dont wanna go for a pulsar and unicorn...

i heard tvs engines r not reliable.. and the cbz is not a bike for short riders like me... wat u say guys..???

I wouldnt say 5 7 is short by any means.

Couple of issues ago autocar carried a very good shootout between pulsar CBZ Unicorn and Apache (i think it was apache)

Ironically the top 2 in that shootout were the pulsar and unicorn (if i remember correctly. someone can correct if i am wrong)  

But u can go through that for detailed comments on Xtreme and Apache. FRG can probably tell us when a review of Hunk is expected.

help me out .. confused..

i want to choose between the hunk' date=' cbz xtreme abd apache rtr. i am 5'7 tall.. i am crazy abt bikes... but cant choose between the three.. i dont wanna go for a pulsar and unicorn...

i heard tvs engines r not reliable.. and the cbz is not a bike for short riders like me... wat u say guys..???
[/quote']

Thats crap....who told you TVS engines are not reliable. Did you know the Apache RTR did 100K Kms endurance run before it was launched. Can bajaj/HH do such heavy duty endurance runs on its bikes?

Anyways, you should choose between either the Hunk or RTR, extreme is now older in the market. Both are more or less the same, from a performance standpoint there's no doubt that the RTR is a clear winner.(no matter what a magazine review says, coz most of them are utter crap *sorry autocar*, ask people who own the bikes thats the best bet). If you want a smooth ride go for the Hunk, coz HH bikes are always really smooth.

My recommendation for you would be to wait for the RTR EFI. Thats the best  bike in the segement! 

for you if height is not an issue then...the RTR is best suited for you....

And let my tell you the FI bike will more character than a carb one.....the FI RTR is 0.5 Bhp more than the carb RTR. Also you have much better throttle respone with FI as the correct amount fuel/air ratio is metered into the cylinder. Also the FI system would mean a much more smoother ride compared to the carb version. Also the FI will give you better mileage than carb anyday....

The advantages of FI far outweigh Carb bike....and FI does wonder to the the character of a bike......go onto you tube and search for the review about the RTR FI on cnbc, hear the roar of the engine .... it sounds like a small sports bike.....

The only drawback of a FI system is unavailibity of performance mods available today in the market for it. But I think a year down the line it would be a different story.

Your take dude....I though I'd just clear out the misconception!!!

Well if you're so biased against the FI I can't help you.....

FYI Fuel Injection has been around in cars in India for almost a decade now!!! Its upto you to decide seeing a decade's worth of information.

The FI RTR would cost somewhere around 66-70K depending upon your city! And thats not much when you see that you're getting a 15.7 Bhp machine that easily give mileage in the region of 55-60 kmpl and above that you can happily cruise at 120 Kmph on todays highways without even breaking a sweat....oh and don't forget that rear petal disc....

All this for month or two's wait.....you decide dude!

thnks guys but i dont like the unicorn...

@praful

i am not  really intrested in a FI bike.... it lacks the feel of a ordinary corburator injection bike,,,,[/quote']

I am 5 Ft 5.. and I ride a Fuel Injected Pulsar 220..!!

Ride a Fuel Injected bike..  you'll know the difference..

Recently my 220 returned 50.29 Km/l.. on an 86 Km trip (40 % City + 60 % Highway) smiley1.gif

I recently sat on the Hero Honda "Hunk"...  it has got a scooped seat..  even a small guy like me could plant both my feet on the gound..!!

But serioulsy..  "Dude, do you want to ride a HUNK..??" (Just Pulling Hero Honda's leg, the Hunk looks good though)

payeng2007-11-07 15:46:16

well guys... my dad has to pay the bill.. i still have to wait till august for my first salary... and the bike must not burn his pocket lols... he said ok for 62k bucks another 8k or 10k for FI well.. no idea.. ya i have test drove the RTR it rocks.... 

got to test the hunk and then decide... though the hunk rear suckx i heard this frm my friend in delhi

Thats crap....who told you TVS engines are not reliable. Did you know the Apache RTR did 100K Kms endurance run before it was launched. Can bajaj/HH do such heavy duty endurance runs on its bikes?

I agree and I've become a believer on the bias that TVS have been getting from Indian automobile magazines. Atleast I have felt it!

But' date=' i disagree about the Pulsars endurance test. In an interview some years ago, Rajeev bajaj had some points to make about his baby - the pulsar.

he was saying that the first time that they tested the Pulsar engine on full throttle, it ended in a few minutes. But now, it can go on full throttle for 24 hours. I can't say for sure how much it is true, but from his confidence and his pointing out that single stuff, I have to believe that statement.

My recommendation for you would be to wait for the RTR EFI. Thats the best  bike in the segement!

Ameen 

ya it does . it becomes a 2008 model

it does become a 2008 model, at the same time there is a factory cutoff number for the Chasis for the concerned year.

i.e, any chasis number that doesn't come in that cut-off list becomes a 2008 model even if the vehicle purchased was in 2007. The company usually sends that list of chaisi to the concerned RTO and the same will be endorsed in the owners (or your) RC.

So even if you want to buy a vehicle during December (festive & year ending offers) check out that the vehicle is not of old stock and a new one, which can be endorsed as a 2008 model. I thought of telling it, because offers in January will be very few when compared to December.

@Abhilash

I don't wanna disappoint you, but if you're waiting for the Auto Expo'08 to show you your dream bike.....then you're gonna see your dream bike for sure.....but you mite not be able to buy it for sometime. Any or most of the new bikes shown that would be slated for a production launch mite take anywhere from 3-10 months to reach the market. Remember the Pulsar 220???

This is the reason why I ditched my plans of waiting for the bike of my dream after the AE'08 and just bought myself a bike from the present rather than waiting for the future! If you are ready to wait that long....then its great you will have amazing choices to choose from......but if you're in a hurry then you should buy something rite away.....max I see just the flame or rtr Fi coming up for launch in Jan.....otherwise it more or less...nothin....BUT I can be very very wrong too!!!