Tieizo

Tata Nano: Should I buy one?

guys does anyone on this forum owes a tata nano? If so can u kind enough to lemme know is it worth shellin 1+ lac on it & which is the best variant to buy.

As my uncle is dying to get & had asked me my opinion on it. Unfortunately I could not furnish any detail to him. So someone can give me his honest opinion will be APPRECIATED. Thanks...

CYRUS432009-10-01 20:15:58

Dont know but i heard its rubbish.. by the car for parking only! dont expect anything else ! 800 is better...

i would probally buy and use it for 2 months and then gift it to my driver who has worked for 25 years !

@Pranab: Have you driven it, the Nano? A little more discretion about what you post will go a long way, lot of people make opinions based on what is posted here.

The Nano is a very good car for the price. Much better than the 800 in terms of space and comfort. It is built to a price but you can't get better value for money other than that car. I would pick it up over the 800. But test drive both the cars before making a decision.

Thread Moved.

FRG
FuelRunGod2009-10-01 20:49:20

My friend had an Indigo back when i was in college which is till about 2 years ago. We used to switch between my car and his car for our roaming abouts.

That piece of junk has given us more trouble than all the exams that i have ever given combined. I have changed more tyres on that car alone then i have on all the other cars combined. that car has stalled more times at odd places than anything else i have ever driven. It was impossible riding that car without music turned way up. Therefore I am not just a little but a lot skeptical about trusting Mr.R.Tata with his Nano.

Like I said' date=' take her for a spin. You'll be surprised what a long way off Tata has come. Wait till the Indigo Vista goes on sale - a far cry from the current Indigo.

?

FRG
[/quote'] True, even the Indica Vista is a lot better than what we have seen till date from Tata Stable. TD a vista and it seems at par with marutis and others but Tata A.s.s is still a big concern.

But is there someone here in this forum who actually owns a NANO smiley25.gif. He would be the real actual person to give a clearer picture on it after driving it time & again & having it for a while...... His/Her verdict or comment will have weight.

bluesapphire i agree wiyh u abt the new indica vista i have driven it the engine seems good it was a diesel version it was brand new ie a few days old..... but lets see how it will be after some time...... 

Yes, have bought a Nano and now using it for over a week. The interior space is mind-boggling. It feels infinitely more solid than the Maruti 800 and the tall seating position gives you a great feeling. It's nowhere near as nice to drive as the Maruti 800. Ride in the rear is extremely choppy, steering is too hard at parking speeds. Overall, am quite impressed with the car mainly because of the way four large adults fit in it. Have even chauffer driven it!

Will surely be giving you regular updates of the Nano. It's amazing how many people stare at you. This car is a super star but ironically, as a car that's aimed at the common man, its not so common. Not yet atleast.