Ram Garapati

Performance upgrade for Fiat Linea

Hi.

I own a Diesel Fiat Linea that's clocked 11k km. I'm looking for advice on how to increase the power of the vehicle without effecting the warranty.

I'm ok with even a slight increase in power, but not willing to forego the warranty. So, I guess the expensive modifications are out.

Would installing a K&N or any other branded filter effect the warranty of the vehicle?

Kindly advice.

So the Words of our very Respectful Member Durango Dude have COME TRUE. See the below post Posted by Durango Dude on 02 Apr 2009 at 8:23pm

@ Coolboy: As said earlier' date=' we are 'awestruck' by the interior's and the 'thump' of the door and solid build. But there's only that much you can do with a 1240kg car with 90 bhp and 11.7 kg torque. Believe me a few month's down the line Petrol Linea owner's will be starting thread's like:"How to increase power and driveability of the Linea". Hope you understand that the i20 has 80 bhp and 11.2 kg torque and is 100 kg's lighter and many are calling it underpowered. What I'm coming to suggest is one would be better of with a Diesel Linea than a petrol.[/quote']

http://www.autocarindia.com/new/autocar_forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3265&PN=21 Just the Difference is that DD said "Petrol Linea Owners would Start Thread on Performance Upgrading and here Diesel Linea Owner has started a Performance Upgrade Thread.

Pete's on Linea boosts the power to 105 bhp. But I will not recommend that as it would void warranty. And Fiat along with skoda are two companies whose warranty I dont wish to void.

I dint think there is any way you could increase performance without voiding the warranty.

So the Words of our very Respectful Member Durango Dude have COME TRUE. See the below post Posted by Durango Dude on 02 Apr 2009 at 8:23pm
@ Coolboy: As said earlier' date=' we are 'awestruck' by the interior's and the 'thump' of the door and solid build. But there's only that much you can do with a 1240kg car with 90 bhp and 11.7 kg torque. Believe me a few month's down the line Petrol Linea owner's will be starting thread's like:"How to increase power and driveability of the Linea". Hope you understand that the i20 has 80 bhp and 11.2 kg torque and is 100 kg's lighter and many are calling it underpowered. What I'm coming to suggest is one would be better of with a Diesel Linea than a petrol.[/quote']
http://www.autocarindia.com/new/autocar_forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3265&PN=21 Just the Difference is that DD said "Petrol Linea Owners would Start Thread on Performance Upgrading and here Diesel Linea Owner has started a Performance Upgrade Thread.

Very happy and satisfy your EGO

petrol users can install K&N filters. It improves little bit performance.

But Sgiitk has posted somewhere on this forum that K&N Filters are prone to sucking more dust with air which can damage the engine in long run.

It is better to research thoroughly before investing in one.

Sir,

I have brought a Fiat Linea Emotion Pack on April this year from Kulathungal Motors, Trivandrum. This model is supposed to have rear A/C vents at Knee and Foot levels and Split rear seats, but my vehicle is missing the foot level vents and split rear seats. I repeatedly contacted my Dealer from the fifth day of delivery and they never gave a positive reply. Kulathunkal Motors Trivandrum said they are having the problem with seventeen Vehicles and rectifying all is difficult. So they cant help. Then I contaced fiats Help Desk through fiat linea website. For the first mail I got no answer. Then I mailed saying that I will take legal action. Mr Rahul Jadav contacted by email and asked the Vehicle details. I replied. Next day ARASPVPV Tata motors Madurai contacted and enquired about the problem and assured to rectify it. I again mailed Mr Rahul Jadav saying that Trivandrum is near to me (45km) but madurai is 280 KMS from my residance, so please ask Kulathunkal motors to rectify it. He never minded to reply that mail. Few days later ARASPVPV TATA MOTORS Madurai, sent someone to take photographs as the company has asked for evidance. Again I repeatedly contacted ARASPVPV TATA MOTORS Madurai said they are waiting for the accessories to arrive from the company and assured that he can fit the accessories at Thirunelveli itself (Thirunelveli 80 KMs). Fifteen days later they said the company has rejected the initial photographs, so he wants to take photos once again . He sent the same person to take photographs. This happened some two and half months back. Now there is no one to reply. I even mailed to CEOFiat Motors. He too is not responding. till date they have not corrected the manufactural defect.

Apart from this the vehicle has come with somany problems. Lot of painting errors at delivery, that was worsened by PDI persons by puffing (corrected by dealer later free of cost), curling of beadings, detachment of chrome plates, water collection in both rear lamp clusters, fuel gauge not showing correct reading and finally above all were corrected, fuel leak on full tank.

Worst service and response from both manufacturer and the Dealer.

@drsekar

That is extremely sad to hear. Instead of getting the accessories fitted you are eligible for a replacement.

I am posting below a link to a thread which is a linea owners thread. Why dont you post over there because they will  be able to help you better.http://www.autocarindia.com/new/autocar_forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3265&PN=121

@Dr Sekar: That's FIAT India at it's best. Get in touch with ACI helpline; probably they can wake up FIAT from it's stuporous slumber. If they can't your best hope would be the Pope in Vatican, probably Italian's listen to him. Hope all the Lineans are listening or busy looking at their MID's for their present mileage: What are you getting 30-40 kmpl I suppose?

Frankly drsekar, you shouldn't have accepted the car in such a condition. Anyway, please write in with your problem to helpline@autocarindia.com and we'll take it up with Fiat. Ensure you attach all the emails (if any) you've sent to the dealers or Fiat. Also provide full details of your car in that email including registration, chassis and engine number.

FRG

Dr shekar - Thats strange. The foot vents are placed under the front seats so far that its hardly accessible/ noticeable. I had to take an effort to check it & could do it only as I had seen pics of it on a forum.

Still if you wish to contact Fiat, try Linea Product Manager - Aashish Bhardwaj - Aashish.Bhardwaj@fiapl.com & ceodesk. I got an excellent response from ceodesk

@Dr Sekar: That's FIAT India at it's best. Get in touch with ACI helpline; probably they can wake up FIAT from it's stuporous slumber. If they can't your best hope would be the Pope in Vatican' date=' probably Italian's listen to him. Hope all the Lineans are listening or busy looking at their MID's for their present mileage: What are you getting 30-40 kmpl I suppose? [/quote']

Cool it Dude. Everyone incl newbies also knows you dont like Linea/ Fiat smiley2.gif

For a Rs. 25-30 item, I raised a hulla boo & ceodesk sent their Corporate Quality Team from Pune to my place. I don't see that happening from many many manufacturers