Sign in to follow this  
rahul1810

Suggestion for Car Manufacturers

Guys I am creating this topic where we can put in our suggestions to the automobile manufacturers. It is no secret that manufacturers visit various forums to know public views, and hopefully this will enlighten them.

1.Maruti

Improve the interior quality of your vehicles. Days when fuel economy and sevice where alone good enough to sell the car have long gone and cars like i10 and i20 have set a good benchmark. You have got an excellent range of engines use them in cars with excellent interiors or your market position will soon be challenged.

Also manufacture Vitara here, it is currently the cheapest premium SUV, but manufacturing it here will bring the price in Safari range which will make the car a hotseller.

2.Hyundai

Bring your latest models to India. The new sonata and tucson look awesome. Also manufacture the 1.4 petrol and diesel engines in India to bring the cost down and beat the competition hollow. Plonk in the 1.4 petrol and diesel engines to Accent after doing a facelift on it to reduce manufacturing costs.

3. Toyota

Bring your hatch and c segment sedan to India as soon as possible. You are already late for this, dont wait any longer, for VW tobecome a strong force in the market.

4.Honda

Everything is good, but please decrease the premium on your products and give some more features. Stop acting snobby!

TATA-work on petrol engines

BMW bring 1-series and X1 here

Mitsubishi-Bring lancer,Evo and colt

Maruti-stop launching 20 cars at the same price

Chevrolet-give more airbags in cruze

San-give san storm airbags ABS and Hard top

Toyota-bring something in hatchback and somethin for indigo/linea segment

Ford - Bring down your service costs and spares costs

Skoda - Stop launching facelifted cars in a new name - Remember you are a part of VW group.

Toyota - Draft a clear strategy. Bring products to fit in all areas

HM/Mitsubishi - are you there?

Maruthi - Mature yourself to a upmarket car manufacturer, rather manufacturing cheap cars which can be sold only in India ( 800,Omni, Alto).SX4 is anoher example wake up call for you.

>Bring in the SX4 hatch here.CYRUS432009-10-03 20:20:18

Maruti- Please do something for India

Being a undisputed leader in India for decades, you should have done something specific for India, but what you do

1. When people look out for diesel, you beg from others(Why don't you manufacture one) 

2. Indian prefer Backseat comfort the most (none of yours are comfortable)

3. Wafer thin metal sheets for Body (What sh*t policy, to shed grams every month/year, so in 2020, our SWIFT will weigh 500 kg, and if a dog is hit, car will be one complete loss)

4. Cycle Tyres in Cars (in the name of Mileage)

5. Rattles (need I have to eloborate here)
creativebala2009-10-03 13:11:25

True Dude...They are just bringing CARS meant for Japan to India, though cheap to operate are not actually comfortable for average Indians.....

See the A-Star, Ritz & even the so-called new Estilo.....all these being new models have cramped backseat & we have to ADJUST (sorry for using this word).....

TATA is the only company which designed & developed cars originally for Indians which are SPACIOUS.........

Now, many new CARS from other manufacturers are extremely spacious & Maruti can't keep making cars with cramped interiors anymore......If that is the case, then they will start loosing their market share gradually......THEY ALREADY ARE LOOSING THAT TO HYUNDAI.....

Maruti- Please do something for India

Being a undisputed leader in India for decades' date=' you should have done something specific for India, but what you do

1. When people look out for diesel, you beg from others(Why don't you manufacture one) 

2. Indian prefer Backseat comfort the most (none of yours are comfortable)

3. Wafer thin metal sheets for Body (What sh*t policy, to shed grams every month/year, so in 2020, our SWIFT will weigh 500 kg, and if a dog is hit, car will be one complete loss)

4. Cycle Tyres in Cars (in the name of Mileage)

5. Rattles (need I have to eloborate here)
[/quote']

1.Suzuki is actually developing their diesels and they have openly admitted this fact as it ill take atleast 8 to 10 years for them. Until then they need to rely with suppliers like Fiat. I belive even Honda is not comfortable with diesels unlike with petrol.

3. I feel this is a radicle new philosophy to reduce one gram in each component they use. As pronounced this is not that easy as this should be achieved with out compromise in performance( as in this case the rigidity and safety of body shell). This can be achieved through value engineering, new materials or even by new processes. This is a great engineering challenge from my view and I really have good regards to Suzuki to get into this concept as this will reduce cost, weight, Increse FE.

value engineering, new materials or even by new processes.

[/quote']

This could be done by Fiat, and not Maruti as ,Maruti cars today itself is considered tin box by many, so if they want to reduce futher weight, my guess

1. Don't attach Spare Wheel in a car

2.Change all cars with Clothroof

3.No front bucket seats, only simple bench row

4.Replace 2 headlights with One ( 1 )

5.Replace Fuel Tank with a big Baloon

Suzuki to get into this concept as this will reduce cost, weight, Increse FE.
[/quote']

So is Maruti planning to shoehorn KB series into this vehicle as this will

reduce cost, weight, Increse FE.

rickshaw.jpg

Let Maruti get a 5* NCAP, then they can reduce weight.
creativebala2009-10-03 22:03:39

@ rahul - Nice topicsmiley36.gif.

My comments:

MARUTI:

Design cars for developing India, don't bring your other country products like Ritz. A-star design is excellent in the Delhi auto-show smiley1.gif, but real one is very bad smiley7.gif.

Your diesel engines (FIAT engine) is working well in your cars only,so bring more cars to market to reduce waiting time.

Increase the rear interioe quality & make small cars with premium look.

HYUNDAI:

Bring some more small cars like i10 & i20.

Accent is the good one and continue the same with i20 diesel &  i20 1.4 L engine)

Reduce i20 price (by reducing some features like integrated audio etc...)

Focus on indian market too. Your car features are excellent and convey the features to your customers properly (You are the only maker with 5* safety cars)

FORD

Focus on small cars & reduce service / spare cost. Do business for indian market (not like your USA market)

HONDA

see the JAZZ selling qty Aug >1000 no's & Sep ~ 500 no's.

Only premium cars will not work out. We need low price cars too.

TOYOTA:

Are you serious in indian market?. Indian cities not enough for your big cars. So bring your small car (aygo) quickly.

TATA

You have good tie-up with FIAT so modify you car design. Indica now become like and another Ambassedor car. Change the design please smiley19.gif smiley19.gif

Bring some more small cars.

FIAT

Be confidence in indin market. don't bring new models once in 10 years.

use the TATA tie-up. cheerssmiley2.gif

WW & SKODA

Hope you will do better, bring exculisive indian taste cars

RENAULT / NISSON

All the bestsmiley1.gif