khatbhej

2010 Alto (probably not coming here)

suzukialtoconcept5.jpgsuzukialtoconcept4.jpgsuzukialtoconcept3.jpgsuzukialtoconcept2.jpgsuzukialtoconcept1.jpg

Strangely enough, and even though the latest generation Suzuki Alto, which is also marketed in some regions including Europe as the Nissan Pixo with a different nose job, was introduced only last year at the 2008 Paris show, the Japanese firm has announced that it will display a near-production concept model of the next generation Alto at the forthcoming Tokyo Motor Show in late October.

The only reasonable explanation (since Suzuki did not bother to clear things up for us in its press release...) is that the production model of the "concept Alto" is destined for markets other than the ones that the current Alto is offered including of course Japan.

though i don't quite like the Boring & odd looking dashboard, but the change in Tail lights and back side is general is much desired.

Any source of these high quality pics?

rkrk is right about its similarities with the nano. like the nano, this one's central console doesn't stretch to the floor.

and along with the gearbox, the total interior looks very plasticky.. hope its not a hello kitty edition smiley21.gif

Obviously this car will not come to India. This is the A-Star version for the Japanese market. The rear is different keeping in view Japanese tastes as are the interiors. Otherwise it is the same car.

Good car . .

It seems to be a shrunken swift from side profile.

As per my view, its a new upgraded version of european(indian a-star) with its flaws rectified based on customer feedback about poor rear space/legroom & tiny boot space alongwith improvised rear looks.

Surely,it will not come to India as an Alto but its probablity that it may comes here as the upgraded/facelifted A-Star. .

This wont be a nano competitor. Presence of automatic, orvm indicator, electric orvm, airbags indicate next A-star. Also suzuki has said that by 2015 it will be manufacturing its complete lineup in India, so i guess this will come to india.

Also this is a concept, so interiors are made to look shiny and unique so dont be judgemental on that issue.

In my words this is what you get on mating swift and a-star. SWIFT STAR