jssudheer

Automatic Cars

yeah' date=' go ahead buy the verna and prepare to DIE if you crash.

No airbags(standard on ALL models)=[dead']

SRS Airbag -> Supplementary Restraint System

Airbag is an added safety in a car, but not an absolute necessity. otherwise every car would've had airbags before they had power windows.

having no airbags doesnt necessarily mean death. yes, airbag helps survive in extreme crashes, but most cars equipped with airbags on the road never have had to use the airbags in their lifetime.

so if you can compromise on safety, you can always go for verna.

As far as ATs go the City with 5-speed and torque converter lockup is the choice. The Hyundai box (though better than the Maruti box) is a 3+1 basic box - I should know I have a Hyundai AT, The Verna uses a beefed up version of the same box.

I am surprised to see that the new ACI (October '09) prefers the Verna over the City. I quite see their logic' date=' but wish to disagree. I will still go for the City![/quote'] I  quiet agree with ACi's logic be it any brand a diesel automatic is more preffered over petrol counterpart,

I agree that Verna ,i20,i10 and santros gearbox are almost identical smiley1.gif

I  quiet agree with ACi's logic be it any brand a diesel automatic is more preffered over petrol counterpart' date='[/quote']

Not if you drive under 12000-15000 km a year!