Anthony

Parking Sensors! help needed urgently!

Hi all!

i have basically  2 problems regarding this-

1)i just got installed MGA reverse parking sensors in my sx4, and the sensors are black in colour so i was wondering can i paint them(at any vehicle paint shop) to match my car's body colour, or will it affect its working in any way?.... i asked the maruti guys and they where like-smiley25.gif

2)i asked them to isntall the parking sensor shown in sx4's accessories brochure but those ***** installed the lowest varient (with just a light and beep-beep and not the one with a display) and after doing a lot of blah-blah with them, they agreed to change to parking sensors- BUT they are saying that only difference between the 2 in the dispaly so they will be just changing the display not everything- are they corrent?(both are at- 2.6k & 4k)

pls guys help me out...

Hi all!

i have basically  2 problems regarding this-

1)i just got installed MGA reverse parking sensors in my sx4' date=' and the sensors are black in colour so i was wondering can i paint them(at any vehicle paint shop) to match my car's body colour, or will it affect its working in any way?.... i asked the maruti guys and they where like-smiley25.gif

2)i asked them to isntall the parking sensor shown in sx4's accessories brochure but those ***** installed the lowest varient (with just a light and beep-beep and not the one with a display) and after doing a lot of blah-blah with them, they agreed to change to parking sensors- BUT they are saying that only difference between the 2 in the dispaly so they will be just changing the display not everything- are they corrent?(both are at- 2.6k & 4k)

pls guys help me out...
[/quote']

I installed Parking sensors in my car and got them body colour painted, No Problem in functionality.

And also I dont think sensors makes any difference, Its only the display mirror and the Processor which is connected between the sensors and Mirror that matters.

I own a Maruti SX4 VXi 2008 model, installed parking sensors but didnt body colored them as some experts told me that they would loose their sensitivity and fuctionality if they are body colored.. Dont know whether its true or not..Ask FRG or sgiitk sir..

thanks @dinesh, sachin & swiftvxi06 for helping me out.

but i have 2 new doubts->1) the one i installed has 2 sensors (my car is still within warrenty so i only wanted to go with a MGA). so are the 2 sensors  suppose to be at any particular place in the rear bumper (for eg at any specific dist. from each other etc) reason for asking this after getting them fixed is due to the following-

2)i have noticed when i reverse just a bit fast they dont show any reading maybe untill the last moment say about 0.5M, so is this normal- that i have to be really slow in order to let them work properly..(in its brochuer it says max detection distance is 1.5M)