325i

SAIC to take controlling stake in GM India

A welcome move I guess considering entry of cheaper cars & more models to choose from!

When will an Indian company hold stake in some Chinese firm! A chance for Mahindra/Tata to explore.

It's not the "controlling stake " . SAIC wants introduce the Wuling trucks in india & they can export to other markets..  Like REVA & GM India partnership electirc car... Next genaration REVA electric cars will sold through the GM India dealership network.... I dont think they will buy the stake.. If they buy it may be 15 - 25 % stake..

so it this good for the company or not ? should i look into gm car or not ?

I think it good for company to run in partnerships... But nothing conform yet... It doesn't effect the GM cars in india... They will become much more strong in india..

It appears from the Autocar India report that SAIC is going to or has bought a stake in the Talegaon factory and not in GM India itself. GM's India operations are now under the New GM but anything is possible I suppose.