Blues

Planning to BUY a SUV

under 10L just 2 options- safari and scorpio- better of the 2 is without doubt safari, but do a bit research on its FE- i dont know abt the avg. of dicor engine but before the dicor the safari used to give an avg. of 7-8(source:one of my uncle have it)

Frends' date='

I am planning to Buy SUV the following are my requirements:

1. Budget 10lks

2. Daily travel 30 Kms max

Need your expert comments and suggestions
[/quote']

A friend had  similar req. He was finally advised to go for an used SUV. You can get Captiva/Endeavour in 12-14 lakhs range. SUVs have long life span and can take rugged handling. Since your use is not going to be much, you will not have maintenance issues etc. Consider this option if used cars dont hurt your sentiments. But go for one with clean history only.

Avoid used when you can buy new. The options are the Safari and Scorpio. If you are driving in the city, go for the Scorpio. It is a joy to drive in the city thanks to the responsive engine and compact dimensions.

If you plan to drive mostly on the highway, go for the Safari. It is more spacious, far more comfortable. It rides and handles better than the Scorpio, but general quality levels could be better and the turning circle can be a big pain especially in the city.

But if you don't mind a minivan, nothing comes close to the Innova.

Thread Moved.

FRG
FuelRunGod2009-10-07 18:36:14

FRG has pretty much summed up!

I have a small query though, recently there has been a lot buzz around about a New Safari in due course. Though Im sure about Xover's launch but is the hoopla about New Safari true? If yes, then its better to wait for a newer, improved product.

I haven't really seen the Xover being tested like we usually see around on the expressway, so I don't really know if the launch date is close. This ofcourse might not hold true if they've been testing elsewhere - seen testing in Sweden.

FRG