navneettalk

Avenger recurring clucth plate problem

Hi All,

This is Navneet Shetty, I own a Bajaj Avenger 2006 model, it was running smoothly up till recently.Few months back I noticed that it is lagging performance.

i.e even when i am giving  full accelerator it  is not reaching the respective  

speed.

I took my bike to the local garage. The mechanic said "It's the common clutch slippage problem and the clucth plate is gone, replacing it would fix the problem". So i went ahead and paid a 700 bucks .

The next day when i took my bike for ride, I was happy to see that the problem was solved. But to my surprise within a month the same problem was there. Again it was laggging performance. So when i took it back the mechanic said " The clucth plate is gone, replacing it would fix the problem &  we should probably change the clutch wire too ".

I asked him how is it possible that the clucth plate would wear out in a single month. He said" The clutch wire stiffens that is why it must have happened" I said okay there goes my 700 bucks again.

But again within a month the same problem. Now it is getting on my nerves. I cant bare this unnecessary expense.

Please help me out with my queries

1. Is it a common problem in avenger bikes ?

2. Is clutch wire the real culprit here ?

3. Is this caused by some other component in the clutch plate ?

4. Any personal suggestion to rectify the problem ?

Thank You,

For taking the time out to help me.

There are two problems associated with it.

1 Its a BAJAJ (not to hurt others)

2. Its 3 yrs old

Of late, Bajaj bikes esp Pulsars & Avenger starts to give loads of troble after 2 yrs. So..........     hope you understood

sell it as early as possible, still you get just more than some peanuts

If the clutch plates are wearing out fast, then their should be some problem with cable, but as you said that you have also replaced that, then it should not cause that problem. I suggest you visit a better mechanic in your town. Selling is not the only way, consider that as a last option. I have ridden by Bajaj Caliber 2001 model for 85,000 Kms without a clutch plate change. Also do u feel any drag sort of a thing when u release the clutch during start off's?

Ok, just want to know when the mechanic changed the plates, did he replace the Pressure Plate???? Incase if he has not, then it might be the pressure plate & the spring (which holds the clutch plates) which is causing the problem.

I replaced the Clutch Plates of my Suzuki Fiero (2000) in 2005 at 35KKms. Now I dont remember whether I replaced the Pressure plates at that time. now the Reading is 62Kkms. No Engine Overhaul yet. Touchwood.

Of late' date=' Bajaj bikes esp Pulsars & Avenger starts to give loads of troble after 2 yrs[/quote']

I have a Pulsar 180 DTSi with LCD Speedometer (Feb 2007) which has done 14,100+ kms. Yet no problem with Clutch Plates. Touchwood.

sudeepd2009-10-11 14:09:18

I don't think I changed Pressure Plates at the time of Clutch Plates Replacement.

Get the Clutch cable lubricated with Oil.

Navneet, I forgot to ask one thing-- Did you observe the Condition of the Old Clutch Plates? Was the Friction Area completely worn out? Can you please post some pics of old clutch plates for us to see?

Or at least Email me the pics so that I would be to tell you further suggestions.

Of late' date=' Bajaj bikes esp Pulsars & Avenger starts to give loads of troble after 2 yrs[/quote']

But mostly they are troublesome- poor resale is an indicator for this
I have a Pulsar 180 DTSi with LCD Speedometer (Feb 2007) which has done 14,100+ kms. Yet no problem with Clutch Plates. Touchwood.

14k kms in 3 yrs is as good as not driving man

But mostly they are troublesome- poor resale is an indicator for this
Please use the Quote button properly. I did not post the matter written in above quotes. Other members can search for the same in this thread. Bala is trying to CREATE Misunderstanding about me. I did not say that But mostly they are troublesome- poor resale is an indicator for this

I said--
I have a Pulsar 180 DTSi with LCD Speedometer (Feb 2007) which has done 14' date='100+ kms. Yet no problem with Clutch Plates. Touchwood.[/quote']

Bala Please Post with Refreshed Mind. So that you will post correctly.
sudeepd2009-10-12 13:15:59