Sign in to follow this  
turbocharged

Tata Indigo Manza Images Revealed!

FRG you have driven the car, haven't you?

This will really go against linea. A feature packed car, at a lower price, and knowing Tata it will  be very spacious in the same showroom. Someone will have to appreciate linea's looks very much to justify his buying a linea. I dont think the old indigo will be discontinued as it still sells like hot cakes.

Sorry for double post.

But if the price given is anything to go by, its going to be a steal. And frankly, I have more faith in Tata service centre doing service of a tata car than a fiat car. Also the prices indicate overlap between linea and manza. s

These are significant hints from FRG, I bet he's tested it inside out!smiley1.gif

I'd say this car will be competition to Dzire, Ikon, Logan & Fiesta maybe!

Linea is enthusiasts choice!

From the few pics. side profile matches Aveo/Fiesta, front looks out of place for a sedan.

A VFM approach can potentially make this car a big hit.

By far, the best looking sedan from Tatas.  I feel proud.  Waiting for the price and the car in my hand for a TD.  It has got to be better than the current crop of cars available in the market.  Or else, they have a bomb on their hand. 

Well beware Dzire and Logan, your father is coming in terms of space, ride, engine, features and price are concerned. And also going by Vista, their interior and build quality seems to be almost at par with Maruti or may be better, i was pretty impressed with Vista's build.

To me in this segment Manza will be a no-compromise car as with Dzire people have to compromise with space, comfort, and importantly looks and with Logan - its looks, dull interiors and engine. Manza will give you features, power, space, ride, etc at supposedly mouth watering prices.

Am waiting for this.

Are these real pics or computer job.

Tata_Indigo_Manza_Rear.jpg

Doesnt she looks too big? But looks better than Dzire.

Tata_Indigo_Manza_Wallpaper.jpg774.jpgbluesapphire2009-10-08 10:17:11

Ya probably its coming and if not exactly Blue & Me may be its just simple bluetooth system.

Now to differ Linea and Indigo Manza, Fiat has to bring more powerful engine and that would help increase in sales.

I just hope there is no cannibalization. Looking at how tata is going with the manza and later on with ignis it will compete with fiat in its own showroom. Are they trying to do a Maruti by having two cars at same price point.

Also I feel that it will be competing in c segment and not with dzire. The indigo currently sells pretty good no. so i think it will be continued where it will keep fighting the dzire. But give indigo the 75 bhp multijet for it to beat dzire.

Its the best looking Tata car ever made.. Looks quite contemporary and fit and finish would be far better than current Indigo range, probably better than its Japanese rivals.. I am just waiting for the price announcement which would be quite affordable as its a TATA  product. What I am worried is that the Indigo Manza will eventually cannibalize Fiat Linea as it would offer the same engines at much lesser price just like Fiat Punto Multijet and Indica Vista Quadrajet..Guys, I think Fiat needs to make different engines for its own range of cars if it doesnt want cannibalisation of its products.Because at the end of the day ,I want to know what  if a customer asks a Tata-Fiat Sales executive that which car is better New Indigo Manza Quadrajet or Fiat Linea Multijet?..Tata-FIAT officials Wake Up and start thinking about this very important point..........

A car for Tata Motors to take off! The design is something that deserves the best of praises. If the fit'n finish and reliability factors are taken care of this could be the best seller in the lower C segment.And I wish this car bails out the company from the earlier acquired tags like unreliable, poor fit and finish and so on.

Here are some final pics.

motoroids_manzaa1.jpg

motoroids_manzaa4.jpg

motoroids_manzaa3.jpg

motoroids_manzaa2.jpg

Source - Motoroids.

Isnt she looks good, looks like proper sedan and sedan based on hatch but not just a Hatch with boot. This shows that Tata engineers have done better job again than Maruti.

For the first time i think they have done a neat job with the wheel caps otherwise it looks like a aftermarket ones everytime in tata cars. And boot is very neatly integrated and fit and finish seems to be quite good. I think Tata's are trying to improve hard and this shows their commitment. I hope their dealers improves too.

What do you guys think.

bluesapphire2009-10-09 10:58:55

The Manza is an exteded product on the already robust XC platform.

More cars coming from this platform are:-

1. Tata X4 aka Dolphin

2. Tata X-over or the Indicruz

3. X1 or Vista sports

Amongst all these cars the Indicruz looks the part. Its a chunky looking competitor with monocoque chassis to chase the Innova out

Platform sharing seems a very cheap option. This novel concept was started by BMW for their X5 plant in Germany & US, where they roll out as much as 3 model series completely from the same assembly lines.

The only disadvantage is limited mechanical flexibility of the models coming out of the same platform leading to monotonous tuning of the cars

You guys tell me what you think???

Cheers to auto industry....its good that we Indians are supporting our indigenous mother of all brands. US did with FOrd & GM, Germany did with VW, MB, BMW. We can do the same. The only inhibition is the resstance of Tata from within They have a farse notion of picking up individuals who have no enthusiasm & flexibility in minds. This has led them to a rut!!! If you are some one very polite & docile in your ambitions, then send your CV to Tata Motors today, they will hire you & put your career in oblivion.

And this reflects in their proucts. Trust my experience

Yes the platform sharing is now common and it saves lots of time and cost and tata is doing it from long time as they have Indica, Indigo/cs/xl/marina, etc or same platfrom and now Vista, Manza, Indicruz will be on same platform. And one needs to design a platform on which each and every type of model looks good like the Grande Punto and Linea, Golf and Jetta unlike Dzire which is based on Swift platform but doesnt suits the image obviously Suzuki never though that maruti would do it and thus it was after thought. But tata always knew from the beginning that they would use the same platform for various products and thus they designed Vista in such a way that all types based on Vista looks good.

Can you give more info about the X4/Dolphin &X1/Vista sports as i have heard these models coming up from tata for 1st time. I know that Tata is coming up with new Safari and X-over/Indicruz but have no knowledge about other 2 models.

Serious contender to pull out some Honda City buyers as well.......

That is Linea's job my friend. I somehow dont like the bootjob, comments reserved till i see it in person. But it looks huge- better legroom!! Dzire surely has a proper competition now.

Looks better than most TATA's. I still say the main USP of selling this car would be the cheap price and not the looks.

Not to forget the MAGNIFICENT SPACE.........!!!!!!!!