Sign in to follow this  
Durango Dude

VW Polo Pic's!

Firstly I don't expect anything great from VW when they want to price it at 5lakhs on road .

My reasons

poor quality interior

boring engine

highly stripped down

there will be something boring in the looks when compared to european version

I expect it to be around 5 lacs because with the help of Skoda and their new facotry the car probably went under heavy localization when it comes to parts. It will definately have some low quality bits (like Punto with some of its plastics).

Considering the relative failure of Fabia, VW should go in for a VFM approach. Sure, this doesn't sound true because VW/Skoda till now have not showcased a single VFM product, all their vehicles are priced considerably higher in whichever segment they operate in.

Another observation, Skoda can manage to get away with pricing in the D-Segment(Laura) & VW in Passat's. Hatchback space is a closely contested battle, even small errors in pricing can dictate a products doom.

Considering the relative failure of Fabia' date=' VW should go in for a VFM approach. Sure, this doesn't sound true because VW/Skoda till now have not showcased a single VFM product, all their vehicles are priced considerably higher in whichever segment they operate in.

Another observation, Skoda can manage to get away with pricing in the D-Segment(Laura) & VW in Passat's. Hatchback space is a closely contested battle, even small errors in pricing can dictate a products doom.
[/quote']

Well the new Skoda Superb and Skoda Laura 1.8tsi are VFM so i guess they are changing. I know Laura might not be Vfm as every doesnt considers the engine, handling, ride, quality, etc. but Superb is surely a Vfm considering Camry, Accord, etc.

@Rssh, VW polo's interiors might be boring but surely not of low quality.