amiti

i10 asta features not working?

Dear All,

Recently I purchased hyundai i10 Asta Automatic. However found that some of the features were not working. Need your help to understand if at all these features are enabled in i10 asta. OR the working of these features is different. The features are as below,

1. Ignition key reminder -- No buzzer heard, nor any warning light
  2. Door & Tailgate Ajar Warning -- No buzzer, no warning light except the boot open light, if the boot is opened.

3. Seat belt warning -- No buzzer except seatbelt light flashes.
  4. Central locking -- If I use the keyless system to lock and arm the doors then the security system generally needs some time to get armed. If I lock using keyless system and try to open the door with key then the security alarm is not activated. I think there is some timelag present -- Need to know whether this is the right way of operating the keyless system.

Got the car scanned by the device named G-Scan. However it doesnt detect the features and nothing as of enabling / disabling the features. Most surprisingly many of the service advisors dont even know of these features. However I have confirmed that these features are present on Indian hyundai i10 asta model.

If any i10 Asta owners reading this, please comment.

One more addition to it. The immobilizer light doesnt glow. However it is a standard across all variants after march 2009. Is it that only automatic variants are not equipped with immobilizer?

Do let me know.

Sorry on hearing this problem.

Just take it to the Hyundai Showroom.

They will definately take care of this.

On the way take the history of bills etc.

so that it would be clear everywhere.

thank you.

Yes they did a PDI. however to my surprise most of the service people had no clue of the features mentioned above. Also i found that many customers were blindly accepting the cars without knowledge of all features.

The scan shows immobilizer sign, however its not present in my car.

One more thought came to my mind that all automatic i10's from magna to asta dont have an immobilizer. As I was able to check all manual geared i10's from magna to asta, all had the immobilizer.

Write a written statement to the dealer ,Hyundai (both soft and hard copy). Also you can be helped a lot if hyundai is cheating customer by not giving immobliser in automatics.

HI AMIT

I M ALSO  OWNER OF A ASTA BUT MANUAL AND ITS EXACTLY ONE YEAR OLD NOW.

YES THE LIST OF FEATURES MENTIONED BY YOU IS NOT WORKING IN MY CAR ALSO.

BY THE WAY IN MY CAR WHEN I PUT SEAT BELT THE SING NOT GOES AND BLINK FOR MORE TIME.

ALSO THERE IS ONE MORE FEATURE OF POWER WINDOWS WHEN U REMOVE THE KEY IT WORKS FOR 10 SECONDS UNLESS U OPEN THE DOOR.

I M GOING FOR MY THIRD FREE SERVICE AND WILL MAKE SURE TO ASK THE HYUNDAI PEOPLE ABT YOUR LIST

i owned an i10 Asta 1 week back. Same kind of problems - seat belt sign blinks and disappears even if the belt is not used. no chime also.. Key reminder buzzer not working -

other wise it is a wonderful vehicle

Amiti.. did you get it rectified ? I am taking the car to hyundai motor plaza , delhi tp rectify the above issues, since the local dealer is not able to fix this

Hi Preeks,

I figured some of the things out.

Key reminder buzzer -- There is no buzzer installed in indian version of i10

so the buzzer will not work for seat belt as well. Instead of key reminder buzzer they say the driver side door wont lock if you forget the key inside.

Do let me know if your vehicle has engine immobilizer? As my automatic asta doesnt have one.

Hyundai people wont be able to help you in above issues as the Gscan device has no options for enabling or disabling the features.

Hope it helps

Hi Amiti.

Thanks for your info.

I beleive my vehicle has immobiliser but I am not sure. The immobilser sign glows and goes off while switching on the engine. I dont kow how to check it. If you tell me, I will check it out.

you can mail me at unni.ags@gmail.com

Regards

preetha

Hyundai has really complicated the features in high end varients of its cars .The feature mentioned even in the Indian broschure are sometimes not there , this is bound to happen when the export and indian assembly line are the same . Hyundai shouldn't have skipped on essential features like immobliser in the A/T varient of i10 . I remember the dead pedal was later installed in the automatic vairent so if you have the dead pedal then immobliser must be present .

Dear rssh,

Thanks for your comments. I have a dead pedal present but not the immobilizer. They say i got the car assembled in sep 09 (my vin shows sep09 manufacturing), however that rake of car didnt had an immobilizer.

Ok so when you bought the car did they say it had immobliser. If yes then file to consumer court and you may get your self maybe a new car itself. You car is under warrenty so they have to do something about it they are just wasting your time so that warrenty expires get a hold on them.

Dear Amiti, rssh

please tell me , how to check the month of manufacturing.

I get krrr noice from break while negotiating humps. Is it normal ( websites say, ABS breaks make some noice )

Amiti, please tell me how to check whther my car has immobiliser

Regards

Unnikrishnan

Dear rssh

Thanks for the link. But this is not giving me the stuff... show some error. Can you give some other lonk?

But ABS Breaks make noice.

see the text from Hyundai web site

ABS - makes you listen and feel

Anti-lock Braking has a distinctive noise and feel. So if you find your brakes sounding or feeling different, relax. A groaning noise, a rapid pulsing of the brake pedal, a periodic dropping of the brake pedal, a hard brake pedal and a light that turns on to say low traction, are part and parcel of the braking system.

It makes noise and pulsuating feel on the pedal only in case of emergency braking or low traction breaking otherwise it works normally.

visit

howstuff works.com

check out auto - how ABS works.

dear rssh,

for clarifying this, I spent 2 hours in HYundai Motor Plaza, Delhi. The Hyundai Engr was very patient and cooperative. He  tested the car by drving it/ breaking it overhumps and potholes. Finally he explained ABS with diagrams. When the vehicle get over a hump and the wheel is at the top most point of the hump, the wheel and ground contact reduces to minimum. At this point if the break is active, there is tendency for getting the wheel locked. System recognise this and ABS is activeted,, that is why the sound and pulsation from breaks .

To convince me further, he demonstrated the same with i20 Asta demo vehicle. Experiennce was same.

Feel happy that, this point got clarified.

Regards

Come on I meant the same thing if the wheel is about to get locked the ABS is in action (ie pulsuating feel in brake pedal) . Anyways HMP dealers are quiet friendly here in Mumbai also they help a lot.

Preeks here is the decoding for you

MALAM51CR9MXXXXXX * J

M - India, A - Hyundai motors india,

9 - Year of manufacturing

XXXXXX -- actual chassis number

* J -- Month of manufacturing

Below is the interpretaion of month

A --- Jan.
B --- Feb.
C --- Mar.
D --- Apr.
E --- May.
F --- Jun.
G --- Jul.
H --- Aug.
J --- Sep.
K --- Oct.
L --- Nov.
M --- Dec.

Remember your digit 9 and letter after * is important. Hope it helps. Just added important interpretations above.

rssh  -- I dont know whether going to consumer court will solve my issue of immobilizer. However I will speak to guys at hyundai and lets see what response I get.

amiti

Thanks for the info. so my vehicle is oct 09. but my no. is MALAN, I dont know the diff.

Regarding immobiliser, check your invoice, in my invoice it is written i10 Asta 1.2 imm ..."imm" stands for immobiliser, this was confirmed with HMP.

Now all the points got clarified regarding my car. I was disturbed with the noice from  break during hard breaking over humps and smooth parking surfaces. This was comfirmed normal with HMP. They did a demo with i20 asta. a small problem remains. The seat belt sign goes off even if the belt is not used, not a big issue, can be rectified during 1st service.

Do follow with HMIL regarding your imm. issue. They must do something on this.

good luck

Post edited

Note from mod: Use Capital letters where required & avoid the use of "----".
BornFree2009-12-03 18:06:52

Dear preeks,

I do not get any noise from break during hard breaking as mentioned by you. I will check my invoice for immobilizer thing. Also is your car automatic? If yes whats the mileage?

Dear Amiti,

They say it is normal with ABS Breaks. I dont know the truth. However when they demonstrated with i20 Asta, I experienced the same noice. I will raise this issue again during the first service and I will update you on this. Noice doesn't come always. only when I apply break ( hard break ) on uneven surfaces and on my office parking where the floor is very smooth. Hyundai says under these cirumstances, since there is a tendency to get the wheel locked,ABS is getting activated and hence the noice and pulsuating feeling on breaks.

Please keep updated regarding your immobiliser issue.

Mine is manual. Mileage, I hvant checked. I will update on this.