bluesapphire

September 09 sales figures & Analyses.

Hi guys, many times there are members who are interested in sales figures of each and every car rather than only the top ones.

So here we go...

The month of September saw robust sales of 1.69 lakh units with many a manufacturers achieving record sales in the month. The Indian Auto industry seems to have broken-off from the clutches of the deadly recession.

[A] Hatchbacks:

normal_Hyundai_i10-1.jpg

1. Alto                   20045 continues its run at the top.

2. i10                     12733 makes it to the no.2 spot for the first time.

3. WagonR             10882

4. Indica + Vista    9858

5. Swift                  9663 no signs of slowing down inspite of increased competition.

6. Santro               7749

7. Ritz                    6280

8. Spark                 4687 has moved past the 3000 unit mark for the first time.

hyundai-i20-27-02-09.jpg

9. i20                     4152 most successful amongst the ultra-premium hatches by far.

10. Estilo               3847 Intriguing! inspite of the K-series engine still sells less than WagonR.

11. 800                  3207

12. Nano               2524 Selling as much as they can produce!.

13. A-Star             1791

14. Grande Punto 1502

15. Fabia               913 Not bad after dipping to under 200 in June.

16. U-VA               744

17. Jazz                 504 down from 2032 a couple of months back.

18. Getz                 364

19. Fusion              83

20. Palio                 10 time to let go?

21. 500                   2

Entry-Level Sedans

22-main-2.jpg

1. Dzire               6923 A sedan had never before seen these kind of numbers.

2. City                  4281 It

Very good compilation there BS. The ones that caought my eye:

*Alto- What a performance, is it selling so high because of the price?

*Indica+Vista- Need separate nos. for Vista!

*i20- Shows the market inclination towards features.

*A-Star- Why is this Maruti lagging!

*Punto- good sales from Fiat's perspective but why is it not leading the pack!

*Fabia- Price cuts seem to have worked!

*Jazz- Always knew, after the initial euporia demand would dip.

*Fiesta- Oct. figures would be high due to price redustion.

*Altis- Good performance without a diesel.

*Omni- New impetus for Maruti, think fast of an upgrade.

*Bolero- Election time in some States, preference for this over Innova,

Scorpio baffles me!

*CRV- Why did Honda kill it!

Thanks Bornfree but all thanks should be for the guys at Motoroids.com, they have done excellent job. We guys always wanted something like this.

Well i dont think we will ever get the Vista numbers alone but i hope we get it soon.

For A-star, i knew it despite of it being maruti wont work, looks ugly and is very cramped at rear.

For i20, for Hyundai its purely bonus as they were not interested for its launch in india due to poor response to getz but as it was being exported from here they decided to launch here and see its rocking, i am very very happy to see waitings on i20!!!

Jazz - Yup people will still go for sedan at this price besides lack of modern features is a big let down.

I hope even Manza created magic in Oct-november 09. I wish all the best to Manza provided its well priced with good quality and no niggling problems and i hope being a tata it will be this time.

I hope Honda learns some lesson with low sales of CRv and Jazz and why the Hell accord again acquired top position after 2/3 months again. I hope to Superb again on the top for some months atleast to teach honda a lesson.

EDIT - Oops i forgot to add the source of information at the end .

The data source is from Motoroids.com and the pics are added by me.bluesapphire2009-10-09 13:16:24

ANHC beats FIAT LINEA comprehensively.. ANHC = 4281, LINEA = 1053 ... one linea is sold for every 4 honda city sold. shows the confidence Indians have in Honda. And Honda living up to it. Great going. All speculations silenced!

Welcome BS, I guess Maruti is not promoting A-Star purposely because as of now its objective of sales is met with Alto, Wagon-r, Estilo(to some extent). All these are old cars & A-Star can be kept in ice for sometime & finally when the sales of old models drop, start promoting it.

Im amazed with i20's success, Skoda could not do this with Fabia, Ford with Fusion & Honda with Jazz! Hyundai's image of good a.s.s. coupled with acceptable brand value has helped the cause.

Jazz is not all that "Jazz" with a punny motor & as you mentioned, lack of features. I also did not like the looks from front with ultra short bonnet.

Yes, with Manza there are high hopes & going by Vista's popularity, not many doubts remain!

Im also surprised to see Accord topping the segment. I guess its more so due to the Company rather than the product because people have now become aware of the fact that Skoda's are expensive to maintain & not all that trouble free. With Honda, atleast peace of mind is assured!

I would love to see a CRV Diesel with competitive price tag!

Punto now comes with discount. As in Delhi NCR

• free insurance
  • free 3rd and 4th year extended warranty
  • free 4 years roadside assistance (not a typo)
  • benefits upto 30,000 depending upon the variant.
  • scheme from 9th to 24th October.

There are still around 680takers of Amby even now, its good news for HM bosses. Otherwise politicians now prefer Safari, Logan, Fiesta, etc and definately not Amby.

But yes have heard that there is good demand in WB especially Kolkata where even today Taxi drivers prefer New amby as replacement.bluesapphire2009-10-10 09:51:05

Punto now comes with discount. As in Delhi NCR

• free insurance

• free 3rd and 4th year extended warranty

• free 4 years roadside assistance (not a typo)

• benefits upto 30' date='000 depending upon the variant.

• scheme from 9th to 24th October.
[/quote']

Since its a Fiat car, we quote such posts, go into analysis / reasons & say isn't it too early for GP to offer discount?

Wanna check? During the same time if it was posted that discounts are going on for a Maruti, or a Honda it would have been dismissed as an attempt to bash the brand with a reason that "during Diwali/ Festive periods, discount offers are normal" smiley2.gif

BS very well written and presented. Actually, I was just procrastinating upon opening this thread, feeling the list may be the same as the AC I Nov '09 issue Top Ten. But this is very comprehensive and well presented.

Pity the A Star (there's another thread for that) that sold 1791 vis a vis the Alto which has sold 20045. A * sales are not even 10% of the Alto!! Funnily Suzuki sells the A * as the new Alto in Europe.

UV Sales Figures

1. Omni                  8231

2. Bolero               8081 UNBELIEVABLE!

3. Innova               4123

4. Scorpio              3631

5. Xylo                   2140

6. Sumo                 1498

7. Tavera               1329

8. Jeep                   1006 these age-old Mahindra Jeeps do manage decent numbers in rural areas.

9. Safari                 850

10. Commander      430

11. Gypsy               217

12. Versa               66

13. Xenon               26

In this section, its of interest to note that Boleros sell just some 150 nos. less than the cheap Omni.Omni has no competitors.The Scorpio and the Safari are serious competitors with one another.The Scorpio sells 3631 units vis a vis the 850 Safaris (just 25% of the Scorpios sold) !

And Whoa Versa??

Its news that its still available and sells 66 units.

anjan_c20072009-11-04 14:11:04

@anjan

Lets see what the new MUV from Maruti, O2 has in store for maruti, after the disappointment's of Versa. I think the Versa sales are from airline companies. Have seen many of them at the airports

YES!!! Innova is selling almost double the units as Xylo. The triumph of QUALITY over ECONOMY!! This makes me very happy.

I hope they sell Xylo's even less. The less you have to see of that hidious car, the better it is for your eyes. No offence to the owners but you guys are acctually inside the car and therefore dont have to face what we face.Pure ugliness. smiley36.gif

On a more serious note, I guess most of the Xylo sales are being made for none other than transport/utility purposes. Private owners who supposedly have bigger families are prefering to go for the Innova because of its non-utilitarian and somewhat sophisticated looks compared to Xylo. Along with that Innova is probably able to pull off some of Xylo/Tavera's taxi/transport market with its lower models. It certainly is possible considering the no.s posted up there.

Mainda better step up its designing game. Even the Scorpio is starting to look dated now. Needs refreshed looks.

creativebala - as speed  says these are Mahindra jeeps mainly  Major Savari, Maxx and other CJ series jeeps with new BS III DI engines. These sell in the rural areas and govt departments buy them. I find that the UP police deptt prefers the Major!

The Bolero has almost taken over the taxi market by storm.The Bolero figures also include the Bolero Camper (pick-up) and so it has reached 8081 units.

The Commander is listed separately in the sales figures and features way down just below the Safari @ 430 units.

Xylo has lost numbers but if we take the aggregate of Scorpio & Xylo, MM leads the pack. Consumers have not liked Xylo's shape & stability issues.

Bolero & Omni's success are surprising! Should set both MM & Maruti to think about launching new products in similar brackets.