What is the budget that you would keep for a basic sound system?

By basic I mean an MP3 player and 4 speakers atleast. Branding is your choice. Tell us about your car audio.

In my Accent, I had the Pioneer 4650, it was one of those basic MP3 players and Sony Xplod 350W speakers for the rear. The front comprised of the stock speakers supplied by hyundai.

The sound was more than enough for the average user. Cost around Rs.15000 in 2004.

FRG
FuelRunGod2007-08-25 08:38:59

On the Safari I have a JVC DVD player with twin LCD screens in the headrests and stock speakers. The sound quality - well it can be better. The sound is distorted on higher volumes and the bass is lost in the huge cabin of the vehicle. The speakers definately need to be upgraded and a woofer and amplifier added for good measure.

Dont really know how much it costs but I estimate its around Rs.18000 for the headunit and the screens.

FRG

Add an amp, part of your distortion will go away, add a powered Pioneer tube sub, divert all the bass to it from your main speakers and you will have a much clearer sounding system than the current one.

I am having a JVC mp3 player with USB and AUX-IN with 210 watts JBL speakers in my Chevy spark.

Then i am having 240 watts pioneer speaker with pioneer a high end mp3 player in my Hyundai getz.

Then i am having a panasonic mp3(1st it was alpine cassette player provided by company) player with aux-in with alpine 150 watts speaker(company fitted) in my Honda City.