pra2veen

Owner reivew: Swift Vs Fiesta

its all fixed now..so' date=' no worries. it looks as good as new.i wonder how they repaired a bumper... i thought that bumpers cant be fixed by 'denting' ... any idea???

[/quote']

the plastic bumpers can be reshaped by heating and then pressing. even if it is broken, some workshops will weave it with steal wires. and apply putty to level it, and would paint it.

ya.... i spoke to my driver about it and he told me that they did the same thing. the mechanic told me that its a very risky thing coz if they overheat it burns up and becomes useless. is 3000rs for the repair worth it? i had 2 dents on the side at the bottom on the right. the paint gone on the right. the dents are like 2 deep each

it will take a skilled labourers work to reshape it properly. and it will take time, to do it properly. yes, the worker has to be cautious about overheating.

then, i dont feel the cost to be too high. the while metallic paint should have costed the major amount (white metallic paint is costlier than even other metallic colours.). only the painting job should have costed about 2000 - 2500 (if they have done full bumper painting). so about 500 - 1000 including the bumper work and dealer margin doesnt feel very high

it will take a skilled labourers work to reshape it properly. and it will take time' date=' to do it properly. yes, the worker has to be cautious about overheating.

then, i dont feel the cost to be too high. the while metallic paint should have costed the major amount (white metallic paint is costlier than even other metallic colours.). only the painting job should have costed about 2000 - 2500 (if they have done full bumper painting). so about 500 - 1000 including the bumper work and dealer margin doesnt feel very high[/quote']

i didn't get it done with the dealer. and i think it would've costed me more than this if i had given it to the dealer because i dont think he'd do it with such a low margin

yup... that's a waste of money.

i received a letter from maruti saying that some of the vehicles had a small engine defect and that they wanted to check in every vehicle to fix it so i have to take it to the workshop. they said it's covered under warranty.

any idea what it is ???

you can go to the dealership and get it checked, without paying a penny. my friend went to the worshop, and got it checked. your car may not be having any problem, but i sujjest that, you better go and get it checked. dont take any chances...

ya.. sure....

i've been there already a couple of months ago because my car had a starting problem. they fixed it free of charge and told me that the car wasn't starting because the immoblizer setting was on or something which i dint even put in my car. they removed it i guess.

Its nice that these days company provides with warranty in earlier times if the Fiat came without any problems it was considered auspicious ,they had all sorts of electrical problems .I think MND's swift had power window changed.

Hey nice to find a guy who has both the cars . Now i am confused as which car to buy between the two . Is ford fiesta worth the money ??? Or should i go in for verna??? What do you think about the ride comfort ??? I guess You have clocked 16K so any problems yet??? And does the fusion have the same performance barring the shape?? 

Hey nice to find a guy who has both the cars . Now i am confused as which car to buy between the two . Is ford fiesta worth the money ??? Or should i go in for verna??? What do you think about the ride comfort ??? I guess You have clocked 16K so any problems yet??? And does the fusion have the same performance barring the shape?? 

the fiesta's worth the money absolutely. the verna would be a better choice for you if you are a performance freak and blaze down highways very often. my fiesta gave me no problems whatsoever and i'm very satisfied with the ford service( in Hyd). The fusion apparently feels even more under-powered than the fiesta, so that's bad. take the ZXi model if you can. the interiors of the base model ( mine, EXi )  are pretty boring and it has no head and arm rests in the back.

When Comparing Fiesta with Verna , the Verna wins and Verna is also worth the Money , and if you are looking for the Verna , just go for it. the Spare parts and maintenence of Verna is much cheaper then the Fiesta also the Power of Verna is a whopping 110 Horses when compared with Fiestas 68 Horses,

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Pra2veen havn't you kind of clocked time or raced your Fiesta against Swift.

nope... dint do that... it wont make much sense.. the swift will blow the fiesta away. i dont drive the fiesta much anyway after i bought the swift.. smiley4.gif

When Comparing Fiesta with Verna ' date=' the Verna wins and Verna is also worth the Money , and if you are looking for the Verna , just go for it. the Spare parts and maintenence of Verna is much cheaper then the Fiesta also the Power of Verna is a whopping 110 Horses when compared with Fiestas 68 Horses,

Cheerssmiley20.gif
[/quote']

i wholly agree but, the verna is a little more expensive and less fuel efficient than the fiesta. if price is not the criteria and you're looking for a fast car, then go for the verna.

Pra2veen havn't you kind of clocked time or raced your Fiesta against Swift.

nope... dint do that... it wont make much sense.. the swift will blow the fiesta away. i dont drive the fiesta much anyway after i bought the swift.. smiley4.gif

True. The Swift diesel has oodles of torque.

It leaves you with a silly grin on your face, and a painful neck!!

fiesta is really a very expensive car and i have totally no idea as to why people buy this car !!!! though itz engine is refined but look at the price...it is just atrocious !!!!! a car which has only 68 bhp and for almost 8 lakhs....my friend you should have brought the verna by adding a few thousand more !!!! atleast verna is a great fun to drive and can beat many petrol cars in speed !!!!

Nice review. Thanks!

Your white Swift has killer looks; in the looks department it defeats the Ford by a country mile, I swear!

Also the alloys on Swift looks very sporty. Cool car!