pra2veen

Owner reivew: Swift Vs Fiesta

@gbukman: thanks a lot.

@mehul_bhp: the fiesta is a better car to drive in the city. it's got a much more refined engine and doesn't need frequent gear changes like the verna.

@busa: yes, they are Plati 16" rims. i saw them on an m6 after a couple of months after i purchased them myself.

the only difference was that they were 19" ones :P

hey praveen that was a really great review and you have got two white Beauties keep us more updated with your review after your 10000kms

Regards' date='

Priya
[/quote']

my swift 20k report:

the swift has just done 20k and i had to get the brake pads changed.

i previously had aftermarket lights fitted when i bought the swift. they stopped workin so i had to switch back to the stock headlamps.

there has been uneven tire wear. the left back tire is slightly more worn out than the right back.The swift is working fine except for these problems.

but, I was surprised to see that the brake pads wore out for just 20k kms.

my fiesta 30k report:

the fiesta was taken for servicing recently and i had to get the brake pads changed. both the stock 55w low-beam headlamps stopped working so i replaced them with new 100w headlamps.

I had to get the front to tires replaced because they were completely worn out. They cost me 5.2k each.

other than these, no other major problems.

my swift 20k report:
i previously had aftermarket lights fitted when i bought the swift. they stopped workin so i had to switch back to the stock headlamps.

Its good review indeed.

Initially what was the head lamp u fitted. Higher power ones?

I m planning for 100/90W for my swift.

Is that OK.

Hows the engine performing.Any abnormal sound.

How about switching to synthetic lube.?

It makes me Smile...!

Swift Rocks as i always says..!

My car is 18months old and I hv clocked 19500km of my own though i am full time busy in ma office ( 9 to 8) .

Driving of this car is just Fun..!

i got some more powerful ones than the stock ones... i think they were 110/90 or something like that. Philips Blue Vision i think. they were obviously more powerful but they died one me in a few months. so shifted back to my stock headlamps.

btw, thanks

Hi pra2veen,

I just happened to see the reviews updated here. I have  planned to buy a new car now. And my shortlisted ones are Ford fiesta (Diesel), New Ford Ikon (Diesel) & Maruti Swift (Diesel). Not sure which one should i go for...smiley5.gif

Few facts:

I'm completely new to driving.

No plans to go for next car before 7 years

My budget was initially only 5-6 lakhs and i can get Swift with this, but if fiesta is really better than Swift i must muster to rope in additional moey to go for fiesta.

By now your Swift must be quite old...How is the performance of Swift now? What is kms ran?

I'm being told that diesel cars require more maintenance if it is not used frequently, is this true, as my usage is less (weekly not more than 50-75 kms/week)...but want to go for diesel due to the requirement of more mileage...

Pls advice. Thanks.smiley5.gif