Sign in to follow this  
ROYM5

Who is the best manufacturer?

Which manufacturer according to you has revolutionised the Indian auto industry?
Acoording to me it was maruti with the 800 from 1983 to 99 and after that it was Tata with the Indica.

FuelRunGod2009-10-10 08:35:26

Hello ROYM5,

No one is the permanent winner, it will change time to time.

For example assume that you are in the running race and you running at first place.

Can you relax for some time?. then you will loose your position.

Like that all the companies making revolution and winning at some times.

Why not REVA in your list, REVA will become like maruti in 2030 at that can you say REVA made revolution in india?

Definition of Best Manufacturer could be very broad and only Maruti will qualify for this tag as mostly they provide reasonably good quality at an affordable cost with least problematic ownership with minimum cost. That is why they have the maximum market share.

But Tata Motors is the company which revolutionised the Indian Auto Industry, first with Indica and now with Nano. No other auto company has designed made for India cars, so successfully. Hats off to Mr. Ratan Tata and his team

I feel the company that revolutionized the Indian market is Hyundai. When it came it was the one that forced Maruti to improve its cars and brought some new models to the market.

Also when it launched i10 it showed the world the prospect that india holds for the world and helped india emerge as the small car hub of the world.

It has to be Tata, if what you are talking about is India

He made Good looking Safari 10yrs before.

They are addressing what Indian needs,ie,

Strong Body, Spacious/Comfortable Back seat, somewhat better GC, cheaper spares/ low cost diesel, good designs, VFM

It has to be Tata' date=' if what you are talking about is India

He made Good looking Safari 10yrs before.

They are addressing what Indian needs,ie,

Strong Body, Spacious/Comfortable Back seat, somewhat better GC, cheaper spares/ low cost diesel, good designs, VFM
[/quote']

But they lose out on quality, reliability, spares cost(common rail engined cars) and quality of service.

As far India is concerned the best manfacturer is Maruti only. Apart from its major share in the production volume, main aspect to be considered is its after sales strength. Best sevice network, updation, quality and reliability makes it No. 1 Manufacturer till date. Regarding revolution in the auto industry it was Maruti 800 & Tata Indica in the past, and it would be NANO in the future.

Which manufacturer according to you has revolutionised the Indian auto industry?
Acoording to me it was maruti with the 800 from 1983 to 99 and after that it was Tata with the Indica.

If "revolutionised the Indian auto industry" is the key word, then it is undoubtedly TATA.  Maruti is a good manufacturer with global-scale.  They are the market leaders and have the max range of vehicles.  But, all of them are in the passenger car segment only.  On the other hand, TATA is into everything which can be called an `auto'.  Be it heavy trucks, heavy commercial vehicles,  light commercial vehicles, rural transport vehicles, luggage movers/pick up vans, passenger cars (hatch backs, sedans, saloons etc.,), luxury passenger cars (JLR range) and even more... So, I feel TATA is the one manufacturer who have revolutionised the Indian AUTO industry.

And, not to forget the new lease of life given by TATA to Fiat ....

And, they also have MPVs, SUVs.

Anything from the `costliest auto' to the `cheapest auto', they are there in every segment. 

But, somehow, I was never owning a Tata auto product.  I wish, I would now. 

Tata also has

F1 presence through TCS

Shipping presence through TATA NYK Shipping( not sure whether functional yet)

Aviation presence through Tata Elxsi

@Rameshbabu,

Use Edit button to post back to back posts within short interval

creativebala2009-10-11 08:41:59

I also think the total credit goes to tata. Though maruti is near as equal and more sophisticated, many of their cars feel flimsy. The swift, though selling like hotcakes just cant match the Indica V2 for comfort or room for 5 passengers. And another important thing tata has done is revolutionize the taxi market with the indicab/indigo/sumo, which were previously dominated by ambassadors and premiers.< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" ="">