Sign in to follow this  
praveer

SUV

I was looking for a SUV and have shortlisted Tata Sumo Grande LX. I would like to know the performance of this car and would also like to know about its engine performance. Someone said that when the AC is switched on there is a drag in the engine. What could be the reason for this. Please help.

Grande is one of the best SUV in its class, it will take 8 people with ease.

After buying go for after market Rear Suspension and do some sticker works like the below if possible, then you will have the hot SUV in your hand.

3997993443_c38fb0b4fe.jpg

Its cheap, spacious, high FE,...etc

Someone said that when the AC is switched on there is a drag in the engine. What could be the reason for this. Please help.

Its common in all cars, don't worry about this one
creativebala2009-10-11 06:40:47

Grande is a failure product from Tata. So expect poor resale value.

Grande is not a failed product, its a poorly MARKETED product. Now a days I see a lot of Grande in Chennai. Its superb VFM. Expect the refreshed Sumo with many small niggles rectified.

Hope Tata market the refreshed ones aggresively

Buy the Xylo instead.

reasons for this FRG

IMHO,

Grande is an SUV, Xylo an MPV

Grande looks much better

Grande is more FE

Both are bad at handling

Both are as Spacious

Both costs similar

Only advantage for Xylo is

a mahindra and a some what better interiors( which is expected on the refreshed Grande)

I may be wrong, let FRG sir speak out

I think Grande's ride is not that great as Safari which has excellent ride. As grande is based on same Sumo platform which is quite old.

Xylo is based on all new platform and to me its more reliable, has better comfort and space, and even interior quality is better than Sumo.

Although i like Grande, but would prefer Xylo now.

But in Xylo the wheels are small and its height is high therefore chances of car getting topple over is high. People saying that Grande's sale is more high as compared to Xylo. Also please tell that is space in Scorpio and Grande same and among these which one is better.

Thanks everyone for taking interest in my post.

Cyrus43 I know that. What I meant to say is that the chances of xylo toppling over is higher as comapared to other MUV's. Everyone knows that a car with high center of gravity has chances of toppling over but it does not topple over if driving at normal speeds. Thanks for replying to my post.

The Xylo simply because it is comfortable, practical and better put together than the Grande. The Grande also comes in the MPV bracket but yes it is fine line.

The Grande's engine is far too noisy as there isn't enough insulation. The plastic quality is quite bad. The seats and space on offer is top-notch, but there isn't much else.

The Xylo has decent quality (better than the Grande), good interiors and is much better built too. The engine too is better as far as responsiveness goes.

FRG
FuelRunGod2009-10-12 20:01:14