Sign in to follow this  
rki2007

Plan to buy Swift Dzire Vxi-Suggestions?

Hi friends , this forum has given a lot of informations and knowledge about cars which have learnt.As of now i have a Maruthi 800 1998, and i have a plan to upgrade myself to a new car in terms of latest avialable in the market.

My budget is max 6 L-6.5 L lakhs. After a lot of confusion finally i have decided to go with the dzire with which i am pretty impressed.

I test drove the Swift dzire Vdi. I was excellent and very responsive and impressive.But the issue is that my driving quantum doesn' t require a diesel car and rather i choose to go for an pertrol car only. In all the Maruthi Dealerships only the Dzire Vdi is available for test drive. Can any one tell me about the perfromance of  the petrol engine, its power and reliability as compared to the dzire 1.3 MJD diesel engine of dzire. I am in desparate need for suggestions.

If petrol, Dzire and Swift will be shortly getting the K series engine from Ritz so its better to go for it due to new emission norms.

As per your budget i would also suggest you to look at Manza, i know since its tata you might not be willing to go for but still its improved quality, better looks than Dzire, good interiors, mindblowing space, powerful modern Fiat engine, ride quality, high speed stability, better features and a good price tag will quite impress you. Wait till 14th and check it out.

Till then check the manza thread on this forum for some pics.

If petrol' date=' Dzire and Swift will be shortly getting the K series engine from Ritz so its better to go for it due to new emission norms.
As per your budget i would also suggest you to look at Manza, i know since its tata you might not be willing to go for but still its improved quality, better looks than Dzire, good interiors, mindblowing space, powerful modern Fiat engine, ride quality, high speed stability, better features and a good price tag will quite impress you. Wait till 14th and check it out.

Till then check the manza thread on this forum for some pics.[/quote']

Thanks for the reply Blue sapphire and creative bala.

When is the new K Series engine is to be launched as far as dzire is concerned.

I have seen the pics and features of manza, its  quiet impressing, lets wait and watch for the same , hope its not the regular old indigo again. The one thing that really impresses is the fiat's engine!!!!!!!

why you are wasting money on such a cheap quality car....... cheap in terms of interiors , design & comfort.... so please don't take my coment wrongly..... if u need a car in this budget then go with Linea or if possible wait till 20th Oct ..... there will be two new cars in your budget as per my information

one is TATA MANZA.... & SECOND IS Chevy's Secret car.......

dzire is old & cheap in looks , i suggest you to not to waste money in hurry.... wait & watch new choices will be there for you..

why you are wasting money on such a cheap quality car....... cheap in terms of interiors ' date=' design & comfort.... so please don't take my coment wrongly..... if u need a car in this budget then go with Linea or if possible wait till 20th Oct ..... there will be two new cars in your budget as per my information

one is TATA MANZA.... & SECOND IS Chevy's Secret car.......

dzire is old & cheap in looks , i suggest you to not to waste money in hurry.... wait & watch new choices will be there for you..
[/quote']

POST DELETED

Note From Admin: You've been warned time and again, but I see no change in your behaviour. You've been banned with immediate effect.
FuelRunGod2009-10-12 06:37:09

@FRG

I missed it. What exactly did he type in to get himself banned?

@topic

You might as well look at the i20 diesel. That car has perfect balance of everything. Style, performance, interior space, build quality.

@lovemycar

Chevrolet has made it completely clear that the only two car launches remaining from chevy this year are a sedan and a hatchback. The sedan is the Cruze while hatch is Beat. Expect Aveo sedan after Auto Expo.

At this price range if you are looking for a sedan Dzire is the best. Leave aside the looks and the interior quality(no other car in this range is worth writing home about either) it is a car that has brilliant dynamics and extremely easy to drive. I suggest you go for the Dzire. Tata have never been good with petrol cars but Manza promises to be different so try it out.

Also look out for SX4 base version. It has all features that dzire vxi has at just a little more price. It is a segment above and has more space.

Newer version is round the corner which has improved mileage and pickup. Also the Fiesta limited edition sounds really good.

MODS

Double post not intended

rahul18102009-10-12 08:30:12

Oh, so Dramacydal is Pranab. Welcome again but dont do such things to get banned. Dont take forum and mods for granted.

@Lovemycar, i dont think any chevy car is coming on 20th of this month. It was cruze scheduled for 12th and its already launched and now it will be Beat(Small car). I think you are talking about Aveo minor/major facelift, if thats the case then please provide the source and some exact information. I dont think Aveo is a secret car.

Dzire is an excellent car, which is very affordable and value for money. The current engine is very fuel efficient and reliable.

I think for the Dzire petrol, there will be huge waiting period. (around 2-3 months.)

Also try out the SX4 Vxi. It has more features, looks, and power. It comes with 85000/- discount. There will be a facelift soon, that's why the heavy discount. Even then, it will be a cosmetic one with an engine tweak.

carispassion2009-10-13 03:01:28

As of today, I don't know when you will get Dezire with KB engine,

Linea is cheap and delivering wonderful mileage, check out the parallel thread

The money spent on Linea will be more wise. It looks a segment apart.

So stretch your budget a little or do consider Manza (same as Linea except looks)

Thanks to all of you for your replies. But as i said earlier i have nothing to do with a diesel car because  the kms i drive is very less. Therefore i prefer a petrol car. I am not aware of the Linea petrol engine. Can any one help me out in this regard. If i am not wrong it should be 1.4ltr fire pertol engine. Is is powerful. Hows the perfromance of the petrol engine of linea.

Thanks in advance

You may have to extend your budget a bit but Fiesta Exi and Linea Active are the ones you should consider. Linea has premium looks,good blend of ride and handling while Fiesta is more sporty with good performance. You can also check out Manza.

Dzire may be the best selling sedan in India but i have never been fond of it. I agree it has got a good engine and is priced well but the reasons i don't like the car are :

1) Looks ugly

2) Average interiors

3) Less space

4) Average build quality

5) Ride quality

Just my personal opinion.tanmay872009-10-14 20:12:10