creativebala

Which Diesel Entry sedan for You?

Which Diesel Entry sedan you will choose?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which Diesel Entry sedan you will choose?

• Manza
    • Dezire
    • Ikon
    • Logan

I think,

Manza is the safest(ABS & Airbag) of all, most spacious, powerful yet proven 1.3VGT,ultimate VFM, lots of Chromes,FE.

Dezire- going to get a big blow in the name of Manza

Ford- Proven diesel ,FE, Cheap & fan followers

Logan- RIP but one of the best engine & loads of space

Its early to comment regarding manza. We dont know the price as of now, and whatever we have is speculation.Also tata dealers are saying that all indigo except indigo xl will continue to sell, so expect the price to be around that mark. So indigo is the entry level diesel sedan from tata.

Also after indica vista came we expected swift to go down but that didi not happen, so I wont comment about dzire either and take a wait and watch policy.

I feel that they both will sell like hot cakes.

Well said rahul 1810 Vista never brought down the sales of swift. I dont think manza will ruin the sales of dzire. Its to early to comment about manza. Comments on manza has been made by all pre maturely. Lets wait of the car to come. Take a TD sort out the pros and cons and then comment. rki20072009-10-11 14:24:35

I think' date='

Manza is the safest(ABS & Airbag) of all, most spacious, powerful yet proven 1.3VGT,ultimate VFM, lots of Chromes,FE.

Dezire- going to get a big blow in the name of Manza

Ford- Proven diesel ,FE, Cheap & fan followers

Logan- RIP but one of the best engine & loads of space

[/quote']

Manza is not launched yet. Nor did any one get chance to drive it. Including Manza in this poll is a bit too early. Also there is a separate thread going on for MANZA. I think this can be discussed there. No offencesmiley1.gif

I would prefer to voted on 14th Oct (Manza launch). But where Manza has an upperhand is better room and more powerful engine.

Indica Vista didnt make a big dent on sales of Swift because :-

1. Swift looks more sporty

2. If the name Indica was removed( taxi image)

3.the rear again reminds us of an Indica.

Vista inspite of being roomier, rattle free couldnt sell as much as a Swift.Coming to Manza i think it can sell well or atleast closer to Dzire , since in that segment rear legroom is a boon and as i mentioned before its got a better powerful engine and though its rear is bad , Dzire still wins the ugly rear hands down!

I would prefer to voted on 14th Oct (Manza launch). 

karanraheja can you vote now.

Tata Manza has, two new engines- new to the Indigo, but would be familiar since they also power the Fiat Linea. The 1.4 multi-point, fuel injected Safire petrol produces around 88.5 bhp@6000 rpm and around 116 Nm of peak torque at 4750 rpm. The 1.4 Quadrajet 90 on the other hand produces similar power at 4000 rpm , yet produces nearly 20.4 kgm of torque at 1750-3000 rpm. Both engines can haul this nearly 1.2-tonne car to a top speed in excess of 160 kph, as we found on our testing equipment.

Four variants are being offered - the Aqua, Aura, Aura (ABS) and the Aura +. A new infotainment system using Blue5 - a bluetooth based system will be on offer. This will be standard across the Aura variants, along with stereo controls on the steering wheel,  while a 2-DIN music system will be standard on the Aqua variant. ABS will be standard on the last two variants, with the Aura+ also featuring twin driver-passenger airbags as standard.

The Indigo also features more space on the inside and outside, while benefitting from better quality materials, fit and finish than before. The boot is also large at 460-litres and offers a wide loading lip.

The prices of the car range from Rs 4.8 lakh, ex-showroom, Delhi for the basic Aqua petrol variant to Rs 6.75 lakh for the Aura+ diesel variant. The Mumbai prices range from Rs 4.9 lakh to Rs 6.85 lakh.

Tata Motors claims that the entire Indigo range now starts at Rs 3.73 lakh (for the basic CS) and ends at Rs 6.75 lakh, ex-showroom Delhi.

creativebala2009-10-15 13:21:44

I have voted for Manza .It is most spacious, comfortable, has 90bhp national engine and is priced competitively .

One main reason for favour over Dzire is that it looks well proportioned and not like just adding a boot. I saw one today.

I have voted for manza. Earlier in my reply dated 11th oct i had said that manza cannot cause any harm to the sales of dzire but now i would like to modify my statements. There is a possibility that the sales of dzire might come down. Because the manza has got every that thing that a sedan should have. rki20072009-10-18 18:47:45

Ford Fiesta is going to enter this space soon. Fiesta may soon cost just like a Figo with a boot and would fight DZire, Manza & Etios in Pricing. Reason being New Fiesta coming soon.

If this happens, we will get a stripped down 'n cheap Fiesta as Taxi everywhere( even today i see lots of Fiesta Taxi)

@mods, can you delete Ikon & add Fiesta & Etios in this poll. Also rename it as Which entry sedan?
creativebala2011-01-06 07:26:23

I would go for the following:-

*Swift Dzire.(affordable,good performance,safety features like airbags)

*Corolla Altis/cruze.(good performance,automatic transmission,safety features,a perfect sedan for executive class people,automatic transmission)

*BMW 525d.(ample of features,automatic transmission,BMW name,good mileage of about 18km/l which one does'nt get in an expensive sedan and of course the safest sedan in all i have listed)

With Acres of Interior Space, good equipment levels, Super Comfortable Seats, Fiat engine & Improved Overall Quality levels, this Tata is my Choice.

Also these days, with Improved Product Quality & Country's Inflation levels, Tata cars are getting better VFM than before.

Expect more Crackers from the Manza Elan soon.