singhji1977

BEST BUILD QUALITY (WHICH CAR?)

Please shgare your views about the best build quality offered by which manufacturer(which car & model). I want to know on some of the the following criterias. You can also add further experience of you.

1) The best metal (rust proof) and its thickness.

2) The best paint quality and its long living shine.

3) The best Head lights(Airtight headlights): most of us have experienceed that the water enters into the headlights during heavy rains od during car washing and these comes in pairs and costs startsfrom 3000 onwards depending upon the car model and brand.

4) The best quality of interior plastics/ plastic knobs/ dashboard.

5) the best fabrics/ leather on seats.

6) best hinges on windows.

7) Best Sound proofing of car cockpit from external noise.

8) best and systematic electrical wiring.

9) good quality consumable parts like brake shoes etc.

10) any other aspects. 

Headlights come in pair and cost starts from 3000 onwards depending upon the car model and brand.

As far as I know' date=' We can buy a Single Headlight Assembly Separately and no need to buy Pair unnecessarily if only one is required.

Best Sound proofing of car cockpit from external noise.
Merc is good is in this department as per ACI Road Tests.

For Build Quality, I would mention Ford Ikon (I read somewhere that Ford Ikon fell from a height of 40 feet from under-construction flyover and still all the occupants were safe and alive), Fiat Linea (I read on Team-BHP that despite a Tata Tipper filled with Granite falling over the Linea, the 3 Occupants in Linea did not get even a scratch and the Owner of Linea was so impressed with the Build Quality of Linea that he went Straight back to the Fiat Showroom and booked another Linea since the older was total loss), Tata Indigo (a person on this forum hit an obstacle at 120 kph with his Indigo but was still able to drive the same car for 80kms after that crash), Tata Indica (Anjan Chatterjee posted a picture of Tata Indica which crawled under a road-side standing Tata Tipper but still the Occupants in Indica were Safe).

I don't know about other vehicles.
sudeepd2009-10-13 08:21:41

For Build Quality' date=' I would mention Ford Ikon (I read somewhere that Ford Ikon fell from a height of 40 feet from under-construction flyover and still all the occupants were safe and alive), Fiat Linea (I read on Team-BHP that despite a Tata Tipper filled with Granite falling over the Linea, the 3 Occupants in Linea did not get even a scratch and the Owner of Linea was so impressed with the Build Quality of Linea that he went Straight back to the Fiat Showroom and booked another Linea since the older was total loss), Tata Indigo (a person on this forum hit an obstacle at 120 kph with his Indigo but was still able to drive the same car for 80kms after that crash), Tata Indica (Anjan Chatterjee posted a picture of Tata Indica which crawled under a road-side standing Tata Tipper but still the Occupants in Indica were Safe).

I don't know about other vehicles.
[/quote']

Thats wonderful way to say about Build Quality.

In T-Bhp, Bopanna19 in Spark hit a tree over 100+kmph in Coorg and get out of the car without much major Injuries with no seat belts

1) The best metal (rust proof) and its thickness. -<<<  TATA INDICA >>>

2) The best paint quality and its long living shine. -<<< HYUNDAI SANTRO >>>

3) The best Head lights(Airtight headlights): most of us have experienceed that the water enters into the headlights during heavy rains od during car washing and these comes in pairs and costs startsfrom 3000 onwards depending upon the car model and brand. <<< HONDA CITY >>>

4) The best quality of interior plastics/ plastic knobs/ dashboard. <<< FIAT PALIO >>>

5) the best fabrics/ leather on seats. <<< FIAT PALIO / FORD FIESTA >>>

6) best hinges on windows. <<< FIAT PALIO >>>

7) Best Sound proofing of car cockpit from external noise. <<< FORD FIESTA >>>

8) best and systematic electrical wiring. <<< HONDA CITY >>>

9) good quality consumable parts like brake shoes etc. <<< FIAT PALIO >>>

10) any other aspects

i expected value adding inputs from the experts.

I modify/ correct my comment " THANKS FOR THE VALDED INPUTS TO ALL AND I EXPECTED SOME MORE VALUED INPUTS".

HAPPY DIWALI AND BEST WISHES FOR ALL MEMBERS OF ACI".