turbocharged

Chevrolet Cruze Launched At 10.99 Lakhs!

WOW!! Chevy is going all out for Cruze. Considering how the high price tag and a boring facelifted has dulled the interest in Civic and the Laura being preffered by enthusiasts only, the major competition for the car comes from Toyota Altis which registered remarkable sales last month.

I personally think the Cruze will enjoy a few good months due to the 'new and exciting' factor and then probably will loose out to the Altis later on.

Well its not necessary that it will lose out to altis later. It might happen that due to GM repute, it might not get that good sales but afterwards it might even outsell some biggies and can continue to do so.

And the price announced is such that it might not be reduced later on by Chevy as it usually does. So a good step.bluesapphire2009-10-12 12:49:12

GM servicing has improved so thats not an issue. Toyota just enjoys extremely superior reputation in the Indian market and if you look at last months sales figures you will see the success the Altis is enjoying.

Personally I would buy the 1.8T petrol S.Laura out of the lotsmiley36.gif

The hype and excitement will over only if it doesnt sticks to expectation and gives some problems or some defect, otherwise there is no reason that the hype or excitement doesnt continues. Linea's excitement was not continued as it had or have some niggling problems and more importantly its interiors are not as of good quality as generally expected from Fiat, its definately to make it a VFM

Well done Chevrolet. Atleast  you are radical  in pricing unlike Honda. It is at par with the price in other markets. It is a great package with such a powerful Diesel engine+ 3years/100,000km warranty+all the goodies like alloy as standard equipment. Wish you tremendous sales for your sincere approach to the Indian customers. Hope this pricing will be an eye opener to the arrogant marketing heads on the top of Honda Siel India.

If this is the price of diesel I wonder what price will they launch the petrol. Civic will start after Cruze complete range is over.

Revolutionary pricing! This situation seems just like when SX4 was launched almost 75000 cheaper than City and caused Honda to wake up. Hopefully this will invoke the same knee jerk reaction from Toyota who need to bring their diesel Altis fast.

The car will surely be a winner but the price is nothing so aggressive and also nothing to be very happy about!

The base model price is Rs 10.99 (exclusive of levies viz. RTO, insurance, octroi and so on) and the top variant costs Rs 12.45 also exclusive of these levies.

And these price tags coming from the company may also exclude the State Sales Tax which may be added extra.

So the prices will be akin to the Altis, Skoda and Civic as it competes in this segment.

@anjan sir

Well not really just have a look at the ex-showroom(Delhi) prices of the other D segment cars

Variant Price

Chevrolet Cruze

Cruze LT 1099000

Cruze LTZ 1245000

Honda Civic

Civic 1.8S MT 1180000

Civic 1.8V MT 1270400

Civic 1.8V AT 1344000

Civic 1.8V Elegance 1304400

Civic 1.8S Elegance 1320400

Civic 1.8V Inspire 1339400

Civic 1.8S Inspire 1355400

Toyota Corolla Altis

1.8G 1100000

1.8VL 1318000

Skoda Laura

Ambiente MT 1340529

Ambiente AT 1417048

Elegance MT 1480795

Elegance AT 1556121

L&K AT 1768528

Ambiente 1.8 (MT) 1305207 Petrol

Volkwagen Jetta

Diesel MT 1396858

Diesel AT 1638252

Petrol MT 1273604

Hyundai Sonata Transform

SONATA 2.4 MT FL 1384841 Petrol

SONATA 2.0 CRDI(MANUAL) 1490693 Diesel

SONATA 2.0 CRDI(AUTOMATIC) 1590693 Diesel

Well Cruze is having modern refined 150bhp diesel and is cheaper than its petrol competitors that too with best in class features and good looks, now what we want, i think no package can be as complete as this.

@Rahul well yes its like Sx4 but with Sx4 we all expected that it will be priced lower as it cant give quality and comfort and that brand image like Honda or Ford in sedan market, but with Cruze its surely a surprise as it is having good quality, space, comfort but yes does suffers with brand image and snob value.

BTW does anybody knows whether Cruze comes with 3years maintenance package or not, i think its not but not sure.

And yes there is huge difference of price between LT and LTZ and thats probably because they might have thought to have more profit on LTZ and less on LT, but then they have make sure that they are giving much more features with lower price if compared. Also Pranab, the features are not just sunroof, 6cd changer, etc but also the LTZ have PEPS and other features. For more check out their website.

EDIT - Well it has that 3years/1lakh kms warranty but am asking about that Chevy promise offer in which we dont have to pay anything till 3 years.bluesapphire2009-10-12 15:23:47

@sudan-Nope I compiled the info myself.Maybe its on another website,afterall the prices would be same everywhere right!

@bluesapphire-I doubt they are providing the Chevy promise on this one,it does not come in the Captiva,so I guess its not here too.

Ya i said same thing sometime back regarding promise on Captiva but our member Sarabjeet said that it comes for sure.

But Chevy should have given it to make the deal more sweeter and maintenance free is the thing which convince the people most especially with companies like Fiat, Ford and GM who are known for high maintenance although GM now has reduced its maintenance cost but who will believe that.

CHEVROLET IS SAYING THEY WILL GOING TO BRING PETROL AND AUTOMATIC VERSION SOON

(SOURCE : THE TIMES OF INDIA)

BUT CAN YOU PEOPLE TELL ME HOW MUCH SOON WE CAN EXPECT THE PETROL VERSION

Atleast till the Auto Expo. Maybe even after that. 6 months is what I would guess.

Cruze has the bold, brute look and a 150bhp diesel raw power to match! At a killer price of 10.99 lac and 12.45 lac, its going to give some sleepless nights for the rivals like skoda, Toyota & Honda.