creativebala

BMW launches sports-car Z4 Roadster

German luxury car maker BMW today launched its sports-car Z4 Roadster priced at Rs 59 lakh (ex-showroom).

axle_load_distribution.jpg

The two-seater sports-car powered by a 2,979 cc petrol engine is being launched as a part of the company's move to strengthen its position in the Indian luxury car

segment.

"With the new BMW Z4 we want to reach out to new target groups in India who appreciate a pure driving experience, high standard of elegance and value, and suitability for everyday driving and comfort," BMW India President Peter Kronschnabl told reporters here.

He said the company is targeting to sell 30-40 units of the Z4 Roadster in the first year.

The company is currently competing neck-to-neck with rival German luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz for the top slot in the Indian luxury-car market. During the first eight months (January- August) of 2009, BMW had sold 2,305 units against 2,026 of Mercedes.

Kronschnabl had earlier said the company plans to target a sales figure of 3,000 units this year. About 75 per cent of the company's sales in India come from its two luxury sedans-- the 3-Series and 5-Series assembled at its Chennai plant.

It also sells the 6-Series and 7-Series in the luxury segment, X3, X5 and X6 in the sports utility segment and M3, M5 and M6 in the convertible sports coupe category as completely-built-units (CBU) in India.

BMW had last month announced plans to seek regulatory approval for incorporating a finance subsidiary to serve the credit needs of retail customers, fleet owners and dealers. It had also announced a USD 50 million investment into the auto finance project.

Source- ET

I agree with Schumi. I would prefer the boxter too. I have had the distict pleasure of driving a boxter once and I can never forget it.

Although BMW and MERC are established luxury marks and will probably be on the mind of the general consumer more than the Boxter. 30-40 units is a reasonable target. I think they can achieve it.

The two seater sports car comes with a 2979 cc straight six 6 cylinder, 24 valve direct injection engine with a maximum power of 306 bhp @ 5800 rpm and maximum torque of 400 nm starting from 1300 rpm to 3700 rpm. The engine is mated to a 7-Speed sports automatic suspension with DCT and drives the rear wheels.

The BMW Z4 Roadster sprints from 0-100 kph in 5.2 seconds and goes on to an electronically limited top speed of 250 kmph (155 mph)

That's one beautiful car! I haven't seen it yet, but suppose I will. Thanks for the awesome photo.

< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 10">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 10"><>

ganocafe

Seat

Covers

The Z4 is much better than the boxster!! Porsche's have gone mad on their styling front, i mean look at it. All those porsche there look soo uninspiring, so aged and all the porsche are beign designed based on their 911s. Recently they had launched the 4 door panamera saloon and the design was quite simply Awful. when performance of the boxster and the Z4 are taken, i think the Z4 has a edge over the boxster, so why the porsche. smiley2.gif