carispassion

sx4 sales at 4177 units in october !!!!

heard that maruthi is doin very fine, these days because of lack of new launches by other manufavturers.

now hyundai has launches i10 and others are going to lauch soon... what can happen..? will the yet soon to be launched honda city jazz affect sx4 sales..? or rather swift sales..?

yes.. only maruthi and mahindra has shown a healthy growth in october. its known that swit diesel and sx4 helped mauthi's growth.

actually, which move helped mahindra to score..? actually, i am unaware of mahindra products, except scorpio and logan. did logan helped a lot, with around sales at 2.5k units in october...?

yes.. i like loga. actually its practicality.

i feel that, the logan could have been a little bit cheaper, if mahindra has done more localisation of parts. if it will happen, then, i feel that, nobody will be able to beat it.. forget about the cheap image.

yes.. i like loga. actually its practicality.
i feel that' date=' the logan could have been a little bit cheaper, if mahindra has done more localisation of parts. if it will happen, then, i feel that, nobody will be able to beat it.. forget about the cheap image.[/quote']

what to you mean by cheaper the Logan itself is cheaper and lol how can they make it more cheaper. the Pricing is just fine but the Top end DLS should have got features like ABS and MP3 player instead of CD player.

yes.. its cheap now.. i know..

but renault has designed it with very good measures to reduce price, without compromising ob quality, and congrads, renault... smiley32.gif

but, what i meant is that, if they have gone all the way, making almost all the parts locally, it could have made cheaper. now, as far as i know, the parts like diesel engine, body panels etc are imported to india.

if they are going to do it, nobody will be able to come close.

by the way, pryas, you own a honda right..? is it a civic..? if yes, what is tour average fuel economy..? (because nobody will ask, 'how is your civic..?', since everybody knows its a very nice car.)

I agree with Priyas the Logan is just fine and rightly priced and it is worth it and the the engine from renault is truely a delight too . cheers to renault i think it will be better if we continue the tpic about SX4's sales.

Yeah the sales of sx4 is high and that is why there is a long waiting period and no discounts and even the disel swift too is having great demand and that was the reason why maruti dint get SX4 with the deisel engine hoping for maruti to increase thier production numbers so that we may get SX4 diesel Maybe next year or soo, till then

Cheerssmiley20.gif

yes.. its cheap now.. i know..
but renault has designed it with very good measures to reduce price' date=' without compromising ob quality, and congrads, renault... smiley32.gif

but, what i meant is that, if they have gone all the way, making almost all the parts locally, it could have made cheaper. now, as far as i know, the parts like diesel engine, body panels etc are imported to india.

if they are going to do it, nobody will be able to come close.

by the way, pryas, you own a honda right..? is it a civic..? if yes, what is tour average fuel economy..? (because nobody will ask, 'how is your civic..?', since everybody knows its a very nice car.) [/quote']

Yea i have a civic manual its very very nice and the FE i get is around overall 12.

wow.. thats something great.. for a 1.8 litre engine.... and for that pick up..!!!! honda has done it again....

smiley32.gif

and back to our topic,.. about sx4..

i feel that, susuki will find really difficult to make it, when the fiat sedan arrives. both sx4 and fiat sedan will have same 1.3lit diesel engine....

Well friens i feel that if TATA start giving importance to Fiat products and provide better after sales service that Fiat cars can be great hit in India as they have best build quality and Tag value for money tag.............if same happens then Fiat Liena would be a tough competition to SX4...........is TATA listening to us..........smiley1.gif

the liena has rear ac vents solid build and good FE better than sx4 smells like good recipe for winning.

Hey rssh i dont think Maruti will give rear AC venta for thier liana or i think you ar mistaken Fiat linea for Liana

Rakish i think it will be better if you read my article and you will get an idea why Cars are priced lower in intl market and why here its costly.

Check this out' date='

Regards,

Priya
[/quote']

Yes and No. Yes, because of our higher taxes. No because, the CBUs attract 100+% import while SKD and CKD imports get lesser tax.

Since Logan isn't a CBU import in India, it is considered overpriced (not by me, but by experts including our beloved AutoCar India editor)

anyways bottom line is, SX4 selling in huge numbers is brilliant news for us( Indian customers). Companies like honda, which never bothered to provide a basic ABS has already started feeling the heat and reacting. Tata Indigo compact (less than 4M length) will do the same to Logan. Eventually we will be benifit. cheers priya.smiley20.gif

but i feel that, the yet to be launched, next generation honda city wont affect sx4 sales. because, even now, honda city is considered to be a premium product than sx4. and when the new honda city arrives, naturally, it will be costlier than the existing honda city, (i feel that, price will be around 7.5 to 10 lakhs). so it will compete with optra and octavia. even toyota corolla, if the existing corrola is not phased out.

the real competitor, i feel will be the fiat liena, when it is launched

THe Honda city wont be expensive thn the present one  and the toyotas are considering the VIOS to competite with the city i know it will be a tough challenge for the honda too,

Dont think fiat linea petrol can give good competetion to the city and vios( if launched)