carispassion

brand new bike for Rs. 20000/-

Yup , just read about it in today's newspaper. I don't see this as a big competition even if their mileage claims are true. Hero Honda and Bajaj are the norm these days, and it will be hard to get customers for an unknown brand.

FRG

this might give the other companies a run for their money, but not many ppl would go with companies they dont know abt. but with that kind of prices, they're surely gonna convince a lot of buyers into buying them

Xenitis launches sub-Rs. 20' date='000 bike

here is the link.
http://www.hindu.com/2007/11/08/stories/2007110856561700.htm

friends, a 100cc bike for Rs 20000/- !!!!!!!! and it claims a milege of 115kmpl.
what will the establishes players do now..? open discussion... smiley20.gif [/quote']

For your information the company "Global Auto" which is making this offereing is a joint venture between Xenitis Group of India and a CHINESE company.

So the bike effectively is Chinese.

Yup ' date=' just read about it in today's newspaper. I don't see this as a big competition even if their mileage claims are true. Hero Honda and Bajaj are the norm these days, and it will be hard to get customers for an unknown brand.

FRG
[/quote']

I think many are underestimating the chance of the Xenitis. There is a huge chuk of masses who can't afford a new bike and go in for the 2nd hand bikes, thats where these Chinese bikes would be offering them with an alternative.

I hope AutoCar do give a test ride of the bikes (earlier launched), though I am not expecting any 5 star points, I would like to see what all it has.

For your information the company "Global Auto" which is making this offereing is a joint venture between Xenitis Group of India and a CHINESE company.

So the bike effectively is Chinese.

[/quote']

I dont think to write off any Chinese product is a good idea. I would say, let the customers decide what they want and would like to see the biggies in auto industry to stay off from creating any trouble for low-cost customers from getting a decent mode of commuting. 

With heavy fuel price, many wont be able to afford 30-40k for a new bike and then go on for daily petrol bills. For them a 2nd hand bike might be cheaper alternative, but a peace of mind will be a luxuary. So for such customers, a cheap bike which can atleast give them 1-2 years of peaceful mind in the form of warranty will be more than welcome.

These bikes will also be a hit among the large masses who are not brand concious. So all the best to Xenitis. Btw, their Laptop range was launched a few years back by Konkana sen's Mommy.smiley1.gif

The Big Bad Boy in Indian 2-wheeler industry definetely seems like Bajaj. They have been the harcore opponents (if I'm not wrong) of Chinese and other low-cost bikes entering the Indian market and recently, their ego, jealously and other attitude made them to take a cheap pot shot at TVS Flame.

They have been, along with sympthisers in automotive magazine sections, pulling up the issue of substandard and cheaper quality products entering the Indian market and asking for a ban and sort of thing.

BUT, BUT, BUT......where was this Bajaj and other concerned automotive wallas before the 90s??....weren't the Indians fed with the same cheap quality products from their stable by blocking the entry of higher quality Japanese and other Bikes and automotives?? All was done in the name of grooming the Indian industry (or grooming individual business houses pockets?) and loss of jobs.

But the situation now is that, the same people who were selling cheap products earlier and have now come to making better products through their learning curve want to deny the newer players the basic right to learn and get better. Also, how much does Bajaj which boasts as the no2 2-wheeler maker contribute in terms of direct employment??......a bare minimum, if I'm not wrong. Hero Honda and other makers are better in that area as well when compared to Bajaj.

Guess what? An Indian company based in Kolkata has launched a new 100 cc bike, the Rock 100. Its by GAL, and its around Rs 19000. Now for the icing on the cake: The fuel economy is reportedly 125 kmpl (surprise, surprise!). But hey, this machine has got to be tried and tested.

i agree that, bajaj has made an unnecessary fuss over the launch of TVS flame.

tvs hasnt done "stealing bajaj's technology." thats right. but we can say that, they have always tried to copy bajaj's innovative moves, instead of getting better ideas.

for example:

1. when bajaj has sarted introducing bikes with alloy wheels. tvs also started doing so, with a similar design alloy wheel.

2. then bajaj got desperate. and introduced bikes with black alloys and black engine block. then tvs also came with them. i accept that, other bike manufacturers, like HH has also done the same thing, but TVS was the first to imitate.

3.bajaj came with LED tail light and Digital display with analogue tachometer on pulsur, and tvs was the first to imitate it shamelessly on their apache, though, it looked better than, on pulsur.

4. and now, tvs has imitated the idea of twin spark plug in their flame, though, nobody can challenge them. they have done it in such a way that, it can be termed as violation of patent. very cleaver, TVS..!!!!

so can we say that, bajaj has no right to respond to this ..? actually, they were desperate at TVS copying their ideas, and not their 'technology'.

The Big Bad Boy in Indian 2-wheeler industry definetely seems like Bajaj. They have been the harcore opponents (if I'm not wrong) of Chinese and other low-cost bikes entering the Indian market and recently' date=' their ego, jealously and other attitude made them to take a cheap pot shot at TVS Flame.

?

They have been, along with sympthisers in automotive magazine sections, pulling up the issue of substandard and cheaper quality products entering the Indian market and asking for a ban and sort of thing.

?

BUT, BUT, BUT......where was this Bajaj and other concerned automotive wallas before the 90s??....weren't the Indians fed with the same cheap quality products from their stable by blocking the entry of higher quality Japanese and other Bikes and automotives?? All was done in the?name of grooming the Indian industry (or grooming individual business houses pockets?) and loss of jobs.

?

But?the situation now is that, the same people who were selling cheap products earlier and have now come to making better products through their learning curve want to deny the newer players the basic right to learn and get better. Also,?how much does Bajaj which boasts as the no2 2-wheeler maker contribute in terms of direct employment??......a bare minimum, if I'm not wrong.?Hero Honda and other makers are better in that area as well when compared to Bajaj.

?

?

?

?

?
[/quote']

I will never smiley26.gifsmiley9.gif compromise my own and my family's or friend's safety and go for such crap stuff like the Xentis.Even many people from the low income groups may  pay Rs 15000 to Rs 20000 extra and go for reputed brands as finance is easy to come by.

But the VRDE may have approved this bike for our markets.

Guys who might buy this cheap/economical bike are either in villages or they certainly don't surf the internet.

But 20,000 (max 24,000-25,000) rupess, for guys with small income sounds might just work for them.

The Company whose sales might take a hit more than anyone else is Hero Honda. 100 cc sales are the ones which brings in the volumes for Hero Honda.

i agree that' date=' bajaj has made an unnecessary fuss over the launch of TVS flame.

tvs hasnt done "stealing bajaj's technology." thats right. but we can say that, they have always tried to copy bajaj's innovative moves, instead of getting better ideas. [/quote']

Hi there...smiley1.gif

I agree to what u said about TVS getting "inspired" from Bajaj, but i won't say copied, because that would first make Bajaj copying their designs from Kawasaki. But i got different views for the same, though i dont intend as such to contradict what u said.

for example:

1. when bajaj has sarted introducing bikes with alloy wheels. tvs also started doing so, with a similar design alloy wheel.

Can't it also be due to lessen the production time, ease of maintaiance and the suppliers changing over to the alloys as well? TVS or any other 2-wheer manufacturer would have gone that way sensing what the customer want and their own economy of sales. 

I am sure all the bikers here would agree that cleaning their bikes have become easy ever since the alloys came in! But yes, Bajaj came in with it. No denial.

Bajaj-TVS

1-0

2. then bajaj got desperate. and introduced bikes with black alloys and black engine block. then tvs also came with them. i accept that, other bike manufacturers, like HH has also done the same thing, but TVS was the first to imitate.

Nope! It was TVS that came in with Black alloys. If I'm not wrong Bajaj brought out their Black Pulsar only after - maybe - seeing the Spy pictures of the prototype Apache with Black Alloys in the testing, because I have not yet seen any Apache with alluminium alloy pictures. But that pre-production bike was with a different alloy than what the production Apache's had.

Bajaj-TVS

1-1

3.bajaj came with LED tail light and Digital display with analogue tachometer on pulsur, and tvs was the first to imitate it shamelessly on their apache, though, it looked better than, on pulsur. 

None of the Models that Bajaj displayed at Auto Expo that I have seen had Digital consoles. Where as the AutoExpo 2004 where TVS  showcased their "production reality" model basd on Fero (then called Chicane) had a digital console with digital speedo on the right and an tacho on the left. Its atleast 2 years after that, Digital consoles came on the Pulsar. It also had projection lamps, so P220 copied it?

So to say TVS thought about digital consoles only after Bajaj is a bit harsh on TVS.

Bajaj-TVS

1-2

4. and now, tvs has imitated the idea of twin spark plug in their flame, though, nobody can challenge them. they have done it in such a way that, it can be termed as violation of patent. very cleaver, TVS..!!!! 

Why should TVS turn to Bajaj for inspiration on Twin sparks, when their erstwhile partner have been using it? But whats so specific about a twin-spark? Its not an innovation that Bajaj unleashed and have been there since the 80s.

Also, TVS Flame engine is a totally different stuff that Bajaj is yet to come to terms with. I am pretty sure that many automotive magazines might be scratching their heads as to which one to choose as the Bike of the year. TVS Flame or Bajaj XCD.

my Vote is for TVS Flame! 

Bajaj-TVS

1-3

so can we say that, bajaj has no right to respond to this ..? actually, they were desperate at TVS copying their ideas, and not their 'technology'. 

No i dont deny their right to respond, but a response has to let out only after the details have been studied. The response that came from Bajaj looked like small kids were throwing mud at a promising new comer, because the kid doesnt like him use his playground and take away his share.

Bajaj-TVS

1-4

i agree with u biking.... its looks really childish on bajajs part to throw such accusations on tvs... hope they will deal this in a matured way... and for the 20000 rs bike it reminds me of a old bike which my uncle had in early 90's.. it was called as EXPLORER if i remember correctly

I will never smiley26.gifsmiley9.gif compromise my own and my family's or friend's safety and go for such crap stuff like the Xentis.Even many people from the low income groups may  pay Rs 15000 to Rs 20000 extra and go for reputed brands as finance is easy to come by.

But the VRDE may have approved this bike for our markets.

The Question is WHY should u pay Rs 15000 to Rs 20000 extra and go for reputed brands !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When its possible to produce similar quality bikes for Rs 20000

When TATA & others can a produce a 650CC car for Rs.100,000 why not a 100CC bike for Rs 20000

i agree with u biking.... its looks really childish on bajajs part to throw such accusations on tvs... hope they will deal this in a matured way... and for the 20000 rs bike it reminds me of a old bike which my uncle had in early 90's.. it was called as EXPLORER if i remember correctly

btw, the Explorer came alloy spokes, rite?

to me the low cost Chinese bike from side profile looks a bit like the Explorer. the tank and stuffs